Sparkling Gems

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Bloodguts, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Kwikdeath Active Member

I keep looking to see if a dev has posted that they changed their mind and are adding these, and keep being saddened that no, they have not. Was thinking of logging in this weekend to run some HoF, but then I thought about it more and decided I didn't want to spend 5-10 hours farming to maybe see 1 drop that I'd have a 17% chance of winning. Just not worth the effort.

I used to love to log in and run zones when not raiding, but when you are down to these pieces as the upgrades you are looking for it feels as though you are beating your head against a wall much more than usual. I love eq2, but man this mechanic needs to go. There is literally no justification I can give myself for the time spent chasing these, it feels like shattered lands trying to camp for the bone bladed claymore starter in stormhold again almost. As I said above I am all for rarity, but this beyond that.

It would be nice to see them on the merchant just so that I didn't have to keep a set of labs gems in my bag on the off chance I get a sparkling.
  2. Regolas Well-Known Member

Agree with what you're saying. They should be on the vendor at about 300 etyma each.

However, in your case, can't you use 2 labs gems to upgrade and then overclock? I thought you could do that.
  3. Kwikdeath Active Member

I asked that earlier in the thread because it seemed ambiguous from how it was mentioned they were going to be changed to be more clear, but apparently not. That would be a decent solution though, as those are much easier to get than the gems from HoF.

It says invalid target when used, so no that wouldn't work for me.
  4. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

So, has the actual droprate fix gone in yet? Because so far, nobody I know or have asked has seen one so clearly it isn't live yet. :p
  5. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Since the fix supposedly went in, we've gotten 2 drops in 12 runs.

Please note that:

*) I have no data from *before* the 'fix', so this is not evidence of or against a change in drop rate
    *) This is a statistically irrelevant sample size. No conclusions can be drawn from it.
    *) They sell well, so we might keep running it and collect more data. But it's boring as $&(&, so we might not...
  6. Glassjaw Active Member

I have ran the Fabled Halls of Fate so so so sooooo many times and I currently have 1 (ONE) sparkling gem. When I say soooo many times I literally mean at least 100 and that is between 3 different characters. In those runs I have seen 2(TWO) sparkling gems and a good chunk of those runs were after the "increase" to the drop rate.

As a scout I really benefit from the use of the fabled sanctum no stamina armor and not being able to upgrade these in an even remotely timely manner is very annoying.

The best way to solve this would be to add the Sparkling gem to the etyma merchant. Please!
  7. Voxom Member

Or increase the drop rate to an actual reasonable amount, like at least 50%. Otherwise you can obtain sparkling gems without ever running HoF which I don't think is their intention.
  8. Spira Member

Increase the drop rate.. and add them to more zones as well, so people can actually get them.
  9. Sylke Well-Known Member

Two steps to improve the quantity of gems without making them too easy/quick to acquire.

1) Add a weekly quest to complete all 3 Fabled heroics. Rewards 1 Sparkling gem
    2) Make any dropped gems award to the entire group, not a single drop.
  10. Voxom Member

Making the drop rate 100% of the time isn't going to make them too easy to aquire.

1/6 chance to win
    7 pieces of Armor

It would take 42 runs on average for a person to get a complete set. One gem would always be rolled on so people have incentive to go. None of this bs running 30 zones and MAYBE get one drop. No one wants to run a zone like that.

The above scenario is a 100% drop rate. I'm asking for 50%. I think having to run a zone 40 times to get the loot you want is a terrible idea (for one toon, how about them alts). I'd be happy with 80 at this point...
  11. heebu Member

I want to change the Sparkling Gems and 4/4 no sta arcane gear that have already
  12. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

I don't know what changed since last week's patch, but i have yet to see another Sparkling Gem since the patch. I was able to see plenty of Sparkling Gems 2 weeks ago (which I won 0 of them), but this past week and so far this week i have seen 0 of them and i've been running it almost every day with my 4 alts.

It's just ridiculous how many times I have to run this to be able to upgrade my gear and still haven't been able to win a single damn Sparkling Gem. Frustrating as hell. I think i'd rather play Dark Souls 2 at this time and deal with the frustration from that game than put up with this.
  13. Kalderon Well-Known Member

We all know, RNG is a ...... But you cant make a change, which didnt drop the challenge of getting one (depending on luck).
    Best idea so far, was to build in a weekly. Which puts RNG out, you still can get them via drop.... let it be rare ^^
  14. Jrel Well-Known Member

For Sparkling Gems: my groups have had 0 drops for 23 zones, pre-update. 0 drops for 7 zones so far after-update. :eek:
  15. jaqs New Member

I saw my first sparkling gem this morning since they've been in game, and of course I didn't win the roll. Pretty ridiculous, even worse than trying to get purple war runes.
    Kuulei likes this.
  16. Daalilama Well-Known Member

saw 2 drop since they were brought in....I've seen poor drop ratio's from the RNG before but that's on par if not worse than war drape drop ratio's prior to their drop fix....which was absolutely appalling.
  17. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

It's just getting ridiculous, honestly. It sucks 'cuz it's the gear that I need to upgrade, yet I keep running the same zone over and over and over and not seeing any drops and it's just burning me out right now.
  18. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Still have never seen a sparkling gem.
  19. Wanic Active Member

Saw one on my first time into HoF, won the roll and haven't seen another drop since then.

If they'd add a chance of them dropping for each final boss in the fabled zones that'd be good, least its 1/3 instead of just a single zone.
    Rainmare and Wirewhisker like this.
  20. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

Haven't seen a Sparkling Gem drop in weeks... just Ornates boxes everywhere!