Sparkling Gems

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Bloodguts, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Jrel Well-Known Member

Two gems dropped in a group at end of Chamber zone for other people's crates. No love for me yet, but I hope to get my first one someday.
  2. Elaiya Member

Ran with a group through all the fabled and regular heroics, got 5 or 6+ gems across the group from mission crates and a drop in Halls of Fate. Received two myself. Happy with the drop rate :)
  3. Jrel Well-Known Member

I'm happy for you. 24 zones in the past 4 days. Not a single sparkling green for me. =/
    Xaeyla likes this.
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Any reason Sparkling Gems were added to the normal heroic missions (Not weekly/Daily) and then removed a couple of days later?
  5. Ebofu Active Member

Because I have already looted 7!
  6. Carni Active Member

Since last Thursday I've had 58 chances where a sparkling gem could be mine. As of 20 minutes ago, still waiting to get my first gem.
  7. Jrel Well-Known Member

I've given up trying to grind for them on different toons. Same with the Ethereals. I won an Ethereal last time (last year?). Guess I reached my quota.
  8. Carni Active Member

And just hit fail # 86. For realz.
  9. Foretold Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've been running dailies and weeklies like mad on all my toons to try to get one to drop. I think my fail rate is about as bad as Carni's. I'd sure like to see one... someday.

RNG just hates some players, and I'm in that group :(
  10. Carni Active Member

And for those that asked, no, I don't track ethereals. I'm just hoping for the possibles!
  11. Uncle Active Member

have not seen a gem since they remove them form all heroic missions :/
  12. Zishan Member

I finally looted one after running about 50-60 daily's/weeklys and the various dungeons since the first update went out. Of all toons who looted it was my palay that doesnt need it!. Still need like another 10!

What might be better is for an intelligent system to be added, on quest completion if your wearing the dreadlord gear the chance for loot should be higher as oppose to not. I dont think many tanks will want to loot this anyway.
  13. Carni Active Member

Zishan has a great idea there, imo. If the game took into account that you actually wear/use the gear, and gave you an option to CHOOSE the gem (rather than RNG which is just a shorter version of fail), that would likely appease me. And a few others =). Above all, it's logical.
  14. Encori Active Member

I have zero. I got more from fHoF.
    They got my hopes up, and I actually put together a dreadlord set, and nothing.
  15. Carni Active Member

If I actually hit 100 chances and never get a Sparkling Gem, that will be the end of my attempts. 11 chances left till then. Because if you don't get 1 out of 100 tries, the math must be REALLY slanted.
  16. Regolas Well-Known Member

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that. Each time you get a chance, it's a separate chance. If it's 1% like you said, then each chance is 1%, and the chance you'll not get it is 99%.

You could get 300 attempts and never get one, because each time you'd only have a 1% chance. You're just more likely to get that 1% at some point in those 300 attempts than if you do 10 attempts, that is all.
  17. Carni Active Member

Perhaps chances was a poor choice of words.....let's say opportunities, instead. I'm aware they aren't cumulative. 9 shots to go!
  18. Igotwardzforu Member

Gotta love the RNG in this game. I've looted a total of 14 sparkling gem so far, 4 before it was changed so that only Weekly/DD had a chance at rewarding them and 10 after the change. Now I have too many sparkling gems and nothing to do with them. :(
  19. Regolas Well-Known Member

Time for a new alt! I have 1 so far, need at least 24 for all my toons that can wear dreadlord gear (ie my non tanks). 40 for the full set!
  20. Carni Active Member

106 chances for a Sparkling Gem, 106 fails. RNG for life!