Sparkling Gems

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Bloodguts, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Just to be clear, what are you running primarily in your reported runs? Weekly mission quests, Daily mission quests, Daily Zone quests, Halls of Fate etc? [As they likely all have different rates, one of which is, we think, 0%].

(I'm mostly curious, of your 17 reported runs in the past 6 days, what they comprise of).
  2. Carni Active Member

I run the daily, the weekly, each 3-4 times, then the HKC quests as well, usually on two toons. Anything that doesn't offer the sparkling gem I save for after I've exhausted my chances for the day, on all toons.
  3. Zishan Member

Carni im not far behind you, although I have looted 1 in the 90 odd daily/weekly runs I have done across 3 toons. It is very frustrating, people are looting this that dont need it and those of us who do never can seem to get one.

I just dont understand the logic of having all gems on etyma merchant and not this one.
  4. GIndotto Well-Known Member

Let me stop you right there.

"All gems except this one" are not available on the Merchant in Vesspy. Overcharged gemstones, Purple gemstones, Sparkling Prismatic Gemstones (not dreadlord gems, different item), and Flawless Purple gemstones are all not available for purchase or crafting.

If the Dreadlord armor or Class hat was obtained like the regular sets, via mission rewards, then I could see the sparkling gems being part of the lineup in Vesspyr. The armor though is, in essence, rare loot. To fit with that, the items to upgrade it are also rare. I don't think that's out of line.

If by that logic we should all be able to make gems or buy them on a merchant, raiders should also be able to buy Overcharged gemstones, Sparkling Prismatic Gemstones, Purple Gemstones, and the Flawless Purple Gemstones so we can upgrade our gear easy as well. It just won't happen lol. I've been raiding for almost 8 months 4 nights a week and I still only have 3 of my Mystical pieces upgraded to 1\2! Now I have to wait another 6 months just to hope I can see a 2\2 item on maybe 1 of my entire set of armor LOL.

I feel your pain but we have to choose our battles. This system has already been beefed up to allow greater access to the upgrade gems, let's count our blessings. At least you're not still stuck running HoF over and over and over and over on alts day in and day out. (HE mount runs all over again anyone.....?)
  5. Hammdaddy Active Member

I love peoples logic of this game not having anything to keep them going yet they have a various array of items to get they just aren't instant gratification.
  6. Zishan Member

I hear what your saying, however you can buy a Fractured Red gem which is a raiders gem and even get yourself a Mystical gem if you get enough Shining red gems to trade with. This does not make it consistent with what SOE may be thinking if that is the train of thought.

The fabled dreadlord gear although rare loot is actually very easy to loot just need to spend enough time in Fabled SOS and you will have your set, I got most of my gear from there on a couple of runs. The Sparkling gem on the other hand drop rate seems lower than the gears drop rate. The upgrade to 1/1 is not a big deal unless you have mutagenic gems waiting in the bank deposits too!

I will keep trying but I doubt I will have my 2 toons geared with 1/1 even after next expac is released, but I would be happy to swallow my words if i manage it.
  7. Carni Active Member

109th chance, and 109th fail. The chance for a sparkling gem must be quite tiny.....and again, I'd glady pay 5-10k etyma per gem rather than this RNG that rewards.....nothing cept zoning in. There is a huge difference between, say, a goal, and something almost impossible to achieve.
  8. Carni Active Member

And to keep things fair and equal, I thought I'd also share when I actually got a gem. On my 112th attempt/chance/opportunity, a gem was won by me.
  9. GIndotto Well-Known Member

You having bad luck is not the game's fault. I personally have 15 of those gems saved up now (8 on top of that I've already used) and have probably ran less zones than you in that time frame.

My guildy has won 5 ethereals but I'm not going to complain that the game is unfair because my luck sucks.

Either way, congratulations on your gem! And here's to many more!
  10. Regolas Well-Known Member

I've now got 4 from around 30 opportunities.

Now I have to make a decision, do I use them on my ranger that would get the most improvement with it but I haven't got enough dreadlord pieces (and they cost a stupid amount on AB), or do I use them on my other toons that have the pieces already.

I really don't know whether to risk using them on my occasionally played inq incase I get unlucky on RNG and don't get anymore by the time my ranger gets the extra pieces from drops.
  11. Ucala Well-Known Member

people like challenges, but soe takes challenges to a whole new level, to near impossible for some with their RNG system.
    if you had to say, run zones 20 times and than you 100% get 1 gem, I am sure people would be fine with that
  12. Rainmare Well-Known Member

Personally I wish I wouldn't win any of them. I got 4, and I'd rather have gotten the ethereals. I'll never use the sparkling gems.

I only wanted them for the fabled class hats, but turns out a gemmed class hat is still worse then a 3 gem potent. and I will never touch the Dreadlord stuff. oh yay, give me huge DPS jumps...but make my survivabilty the same as a gasoline covered rag in a bonfire.
  13. Zishan Member

Well SOE have added the gem on merchant now - 2500 etyma and 100 plat!

Thanks is all I can say!! and I will leave it to that haha.
  14. Carni Active Member

Better late than never, I suppose.
  15. Quadz New Member

I dont understand why they changed items dropping from Named to u can get an item as reward from doin missions if u have that luck=/ i really feel like it if u play much and work hard for stuff u should b able to get it by killing Names that have a droprate!I really dont like this mission reward system cause it hates me i didnt get any Etheral or Sparkling gem at all and i see other Players that got a few times rewardet by Etheral and Gems in less than 3 days .No clue how the mechanism works that decides if u get reward or not !But to me it feels unfair when i can run stuff 300 times without being rewardet!When i kill a Named that got a droprate i will get my drop by doin it till it drops cause there is a rate that guarantees it!And thats the better way is my opinion cause its has been allways like that in eq 1 or 2 doesnt matter camp ur stuff and u will be granted=) have fun all