Sparkling Gems

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Bloodguts, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Rare is good, but almost non-existing is not. Looks silly actually.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  2. Ucala Well-Known Member

you can get all that from potent without losing mod??
    my warlock alt has 32k mod with nearly 500 dps solo, full haste. should be close to 600 dps when I get EV. will be easy 600 when I finish leveling my green adorns in potent gear
    where my illy has 16k mod with 800 dps solo :p in the no sta gear.
    but if I were to drop myself to say 600 dps I couldn't gain enough mod to be at 32k on my illy :p
    that reforging too strong
  3. Plinc Active Member

you loose out on the WDB/SWDB part.
    or on potency.
    or on stamina.
    whichever you choose.
    or whatever the raid requires.
  4. Ucala Well-Known Member

the only thing you would loose out of is SWDB, and I would argue that 10-15k more ability mod is more important to a wizzy/warlock instead of 30 SWDB. but I haven't been able to crunch the numbers yet :p
  5. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

there are those of us who do consider this to be best in slot and just seeing how rare this item is just makes me sad. i'll give out all my etyma for one of this sparkling fabled gems if it's all that it would take!
  6. Luanne Active Member

Would be better if they allowed the overcharged gems to actually be used in place of the sparkling gem, like you can do in potent gear instead of using the etmya gem you can put the raid dropped gem to make 3/3 potent and then make 4/3
    Gash likes this.
  7. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

I'm just seriously getting tired of this... been running Fabled Halls of Fate on 4 different characters every single day for the past couple of weeks since the zone was released and i've only seen one that I didn't even win!

So freaking tired already and haven't heard anything from anyone in SoE to address this issue or at least comment on it.
    Wirewhisker and Spira like this.
  8. Sylke Well-Known Member

I'd like more information on this... How does this work?
  9. Ucala Well-Known Member

he wasn't saying it was possible, he was saying it should be possible cause it would be a good alternative
  10. Uncle Active Member

I'd like more information on this... How does this work?

it is a know bug if you use a overcharged gem on a piece of potent gear that not already 3/3 it's stillconsume and act like a normal green gem
  11. Kander Developer

It is not a bug, it is intended that you can use the Mutagenic gemstones on any tier of Potent Armor. We will have to make sure the wording on these items is more clear.
  12. Sylke Well-Known Member

Does this mean that, for example, a Potent piece with 0/3 gems would become 1/3?
    Interesting.
  13. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Does applying the mutagenic gem before it's fully gemmed preclude it from becoming "overcharged", or does it just automatically overcharge if you say add the mutagenic gem and then 3 greens?

Edit (again): If my understanding is correct, until it is 3/3 the mutagenic gems just get consumed like a regular green, and then you can overcharge it with another mutagenic gem.
  14. Bouncing Skull Active Member

I would more than likely believe that you will only be able to attain 4/3 if you apply the mutagenic gemstones to a 3/3 piece of potent gear. If you apply it in any lesser state, the mutagenic acts like a regular gem and gets consumed.
  15. Uncle Active Member

It is not a bug, it is intended that you can use the Mutagenic gemstones on any tier of Potent Armor. We will have to make sure the wording on these items is more clear

thanx for the response how about a change to get the sparkling gems to drop more as well while we are at it
  16. Kwikdeath Active Member

Can anyone confirm that you can use two of these on the dreadlord pieces to overcharge them without a sparkling gem. That will affect how my bidding goes tonight in labs with 5 pieces still missing the sparkling gems. If the first will make it 1/1 then you can o/c it to 2/1 that is pretty nice, since there is no way in he.ll I was going to see all the sparkling gem I needed.
  17. Gabriel New Member

no it does not work that way
    the sparkling gem makes the item into a potent armor piece witch you then can use the overcharge item on it to make it 2/1
  18. Kander Developer

Correct. We are changing the wording on this item to make it more clear.
  19. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

Thank you for this. Any chance you can take a look at the droprate on this item? is it intended to have such a low droprate and only come from Fabled Halls of Fate?

I've been constantly running that zone every day with various alts to get that Sparkling Fabled Gem and i've seen the Rare Charm from the last boss drop more often than the actual gem.
  20. Kander Developer

We will be increasing the drop rate for the Sparkling gem. Probably next week.

Watch the update notes for further information.
    Wirewhisker, Plinc, alQamar and 3 others like this.