Fixed Internally [Bug] Crusaders "Aura of Leadership" was does not work anymore since the todays patch.

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Ingerimm, Jul 12, 2023.

1. vlada Active Member

i agree. i have raided with taled for many years. his knowledge of the game is unsurpassed. you want him on your side.
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Taled Well-Known Member

To be more honest, I don't think I have it in me to gun for nerfs to classes that aren't clearly needed - for instance, even though the Aura of Leadership and Warcry drops were clearly needed, the inability to use a scalpel instead of a sledgehammer makes it tough to say 'This ability is too strong and should be toned down a little' because we all know what to expect from that. Which is one of the main reasons it bothers me so much that someone who CLEARLY has no idea what they are talking about starts screaming that abilities are broken or provide benefits they absolute do not provide.

While I appreciate the support, there are certainly players - Clintsat, for instance - with much broader knowledge when it comes to class abilities and the like. I just know a ton about a broad range of things, especially quest lines and such. I tend to avoid getting in depth with class abilities because I don't like having these arguments like above because true balance is never going to be something players will let you accomplish without gnashing their teeth and wailing that someone else has it better.
    Scrappyz, Drona, Twyla and 1 other person like this.
  3. Drona Well-Known Member

This thread started well and now it got derailed and I am sure Caith put it on ignore due to that so any chance of fix goes out of the window...

Moral of the story, don't bring other classes into even if comprasion is sometimes warranted.
    Priority and Scrappyz like this.
  4. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

This thread is a prime example of how the still unreleased class forums just simply won't work
    Priority likes this.
  5. Priority Well-Known Member

Yea, zero chance there's any sort of player agreement on what should happen. Especially if we dont have some sort of role designator that only allows you to switch, at most, once a year to keep folks from derailing other classes.
    Scrappyz likes this.
  6. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

The regenerative wards are still not working correctly and need to be recast in each zone/instance that is subject to healing mitigations. (mostly more than one time, both regen wards until the values hopefully fit)

With a reuse of 180 seconds and regeneration updates only every 20 seconds for "Aura of Leadership" this really is no longer fun. It makes no sense anymore that you put AA points in this ability at all. Before the real first weakening this year of the regeneration times and reuse, the ward had at least one regeneration per tick/update than 6 seconds. And a sensible recast of near instant, especially since it's usually everytime the first ability dispelled by npc opponents.

Especially since after the healing mitigations, there is almost nothing left of the wards anyway, although the healing mitigation of level 3 (Oppressive Sands III) has just been now reduced by almost 900,000,000 reduction points this hardly had a positive influence on the regenerative wards. I don't see any noticeable increases in the ward amounts, through this change.

Now you only have stupid waiting around after each zone, crash or relog, for recasting with almost zero use.

Numbers in the parser often say little about the real use of capabilities. The surge damage of each encounter consumes these regenerative wards permanently, generates HPS in the parser but brings no real benefit to the fights per se.

The surge damage is higher and a lot faster than any regeneration tick of the crusader's regenerative wards. Before and now after the changes.
    In addition, there is also the fact that all wards are also subject to the bleeding through effect, which makes them even more ineffective than they already are.

All of these negative effects only work on wards and healing of any kind and not on other forms of devensive capabilities as damage reductions and avoidances or stone skins. Neither are other defensive abilities consumed by these negative effects. Wards, on the other hand, does. And who dispells damage reductions, avoidences or stone skins? No one ... but the regenerative wards (eg. Aura of Leadership) would be dispelled first of all every time.

.........................................................................................................................

Tell me what is the point of abilities that are useless or pointless?

For the paladins, these are the two cures "Zealous Smite" and "Cure Spells" with a cure level that is too low. The damage component of former reflect "Faith", which has been broken for ages, since the conversion to damage by hit proc's, whereby the initial damage hit has been missing and the amount of damage at proc is ridiculous, just same like the damage by hit component at "Legionnaire's Conviction". Or same the damage component at epic 1 buff "Marr's Favor". And now the two regenerative wards "Aura of Leadership" and "Blessing of the Paladin", which no longer work correctly. Or what good is a fervor buff, without overcap, for the whole raid like "Crusade", if anyway all people are solo in the fervor cap??? And this only some of all the strange things ... (in this case Paladin class)
  7. Harek Member

So it was something completely unrelated to sands level that would make it regen for a fraction of the amount in a high sands area compared to a low sands?

it's trivially easy for us to know that sands was applying before, when you could pulse 6 billion outside, 3 billion in h1, 2 billion in h2, and on down prior to the July patch

the reduced values being seen now have a tremendous amount to do with the vastly increased stats you have while in combat not applying to pulses regenned in combat
  8. Priority Well-Known Member

Dude, you are SO far off topic with this. Please stop.

I reported cures years ago, Not a Bug. I reported Faith 2 years ago, Not a Bug.

You REALLY dont want Caith looking at Marrs Favor or Blessing of the Paladin. Unless, maybe you enjoy nerfs.
    Taled likes this.
  9. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

On the other hand I put Kyle (Kander) as boss, who said more than one time it was bugs. He said he passed it on, it is being processed. But he can't see everything, edit everything, know everything, etc. I could seek the mails but it was personal so it had nothing to do here at the forums.

It is also clear that there here counted things are bugs. Ask yourself ... Why them give the crusaders new curing skills that work and not adapt old ones accordingly. Why should an effect say in its own description that it does this or that and doesn't (Faith). Every class can cure, eg. with potions, mages can cure, so why some abilities of crusaders should not cure anymore now after years. Crusaders was the first class ever who could cure more then one different effect typ at one ability ever. (before the change for all others)

Unfortunately, I have to say that you and Taled are completely wrong, a lot of times! (my english was to bad to make here every time a fight of words) And just because people here in the forum claim that things are meant to be that way, because they mean it, it just doesn't apply.

And even a DEV can be wrong and make mistakes. This is not a leg break it needs to be pointed out and fixed.

Most DEV's don't play the game themselves and some of the things you just have to explain to them why it doesn't make any sense.

That's completely non-judgmental and truthful, so I don't like it when you lie here and say things that don't apply at all. I may make many mistakes myself, but I'll be honest, unlike many others who always bring the same death-clan arguments as to addressing the real problems. And Caith is certainly old enough to speak his own mind if he feels he needs to, so you don't have to speak for him in advance with your opinion.

I've also opened this thread, if you don't like what I'm writing, just stay out of the thread. I can just as blindly write everything to the devs for you, send them mail or write bug reports, I don't need to appreciate pointless negative discussions here. You should be aware of that.

And there are a lot more "bugs" that many knowingly or unknowingly exploit that can be reported. I always hold myself back to the extent that the game remains in balance in my view of things.
  10. Redneck34 Member

bro why are you pushing so hard for something that was so broken. You see NO one else complaining this bad. The biggest nerf i have had as a zerker was my berserk being nerfed for 2k cb to like 230. NO one complained as much as you have.
  11. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

The wards was broken thats is/was a fact!
  12. Redneck34 Member

Its like talking to caith but as a player. Pointless.
  13. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

I talk a lot with different devs dev's and it was never pointless.

Also if there was not ever a feedback ... but understandable if a lot of peoble ask something and them everytime would answer, them could not do the real work.
  14. Redneck34 Member

Yes but youve been going at this for days on end. and they said its not changing according to Caith. thats how its intended.
  15. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

Caith sayed nothing here, what i can read, to the theme that the problems was still here/there since the last changes, also not to the old themes. If you or an ohter say this, maybe "Just because you or others say it doesn't make it true.".
  16. Priority Well-Known Member

You want me out of the thread, send an email. Don't open it as a public discussion. That said, You're making a WORLD of hurt for yourself if you keep pushing for them to look into everything the pally has going for it. You should stop.
    Redneck34 likes this.
  17. Redneck34 Member

That may be the case, but it is not an issue with the update to wards. We can absolutely look at the update timer to certain abilities, specifically Aura of Leadership was adjusted to update less option due to it being incredibly over powered before the bug with it ignoring heal mitigations when initially applied outside of a zone with them was discovered and corrected.

Is this not caith proving the heal should not have been this much? He stated it was bypassed the heal mitigations and causing it too heal that much. Right? So it was never even intended.
    Priority likes this.
  18. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

No, I'm not shooting anyone out of having a "fair" discussion.Otherwise there would be no point in even having a discussion.

With you, I can see why you react the way you do, but always having to be defensive just to avoid discussing critical points or speaking to other people's mouths doesn't solve the real problems.If the developers don't want to read or reply anymore, that's their thing.It remains, however, that they read everything, perhaps discard, perhaps discuss, perhaps change.

We have no influence on that, we never had it, we never will have it.And that's a good thing, otherwise chaos would reign.But that doesn't mean that you can't or shouldn't or mustn't address problems.

Even the developers can't see clairvoyantly.

Caith e.g.often says they don't do things because they are passive.I don't think any of us would object to these things being turned into active things.But it's no use if things, whether passive or active, have no use, because their effect really just fizzles out.
  19. Priority Well-Known Member

There's nothing defensive about it. Caith stated the ward was now working as intended. The issue with it not properly regenerating after zoning is separate. The cures and Faith were addressed years ago. Again, by Caith.

None of that is defensive. I'm sorry you were mistaken. THE mechanics developer specifically responded to each and stated that they are intended to be that way. I don't agree with his assessment, but that's what it is.

Also, I like to mirror attitudes. It makes me happy to treat others how they treat me. You get feisty, I get feisty. It's a win/win. Either you stop talking or they make you stop talking.
  20. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

Never ever was this wards was overpowered, also if the tops the parser, sorry thats realy not true.

Fine if it tops the parser, therefore it eats the surge damages, but thats all what was realy still there.