Kael Drakkel: Lore and Legend Server Coming Soon

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Jan 20, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siren Well-Known Member

Yeah, but if they let you pick a L90 crafting line on your L90 character, you can immediately make all appropriate gear and big bags. Experts, the correct totems, arrows, L90 food and drink, plus big bags, etc are needed right away.

Why would you want a L90 adventurer who had to slog through 90 levels of crafting to make anything level-appropriate? The whole game would immediately grind to a halt coming out of the gate.
    Jaden and Hartsmith like this.
  2. Pauly Well-Known Member

Game needs new players, not new servers. I regularly see less than 100 people on supposedly 'good' servers. I often see login queues on my other game that outnumber the total eq2 subs.
  3. Siren Well-Known Member

I imagine Daybreak makes a large, instant wad of cash every time a new server opens. People buy houses, instant spell upgrades, XP pots and cosmetic items. New F2P players on the old live servers don't really contribute anything but more lag. New gold sub servers opening converts F2P players to paying customers if they move to the new servers.

Plus, different rule sets hold peoples' interest. Just having a free trade server rocks vs not. Lore and Legend could really be cool. Even the Race to Trak Event Server and Deathtoll/Tarinax open PvP servers have been very popular. What kills servers dead is exploiters/plat dupers/griefers.
    Julez and Hartsmith like this.
  4. Seth Well-Known Member

No, you don't understand what I mean, Each TLE that is released, has several new features, Each TLE to Date has had one or more of those new features implemented Into Live servers.

If they made the L&L server progression on all servers, it would mean that EQ2 would have one of not the Most Heavy Content based game on the market ( a good one ) However, they are not just going to do it. They are going to test it first. A.K.A. implementation on a calm relaxing progression based TLE.
  5. Boldac Active Member

This...1000x over.
    Jaden, Julez, Hartsmith and 2 others like this.
  6. Kenn Well-Known Member

DOV is the last expansion from Sony right? And also the expansion that we got mounts. Will we have to quest to get it? I wouldn't mind having no mounts and no mercs, but that would be less to sell us on the market place.
  7. Karaoke Member

Can someone answer a question for me. I like the idea of this server only if it is not "locked" at 90. Will this server ever get future expansions? After I am done exploring the world and seeing all I want to see, I still want to progress and raid future content. This sounds similar to the miragul server they released on EQ 1 without the autoscaling.

If this server will unlock future expansions I am all in...even if it doesnt start for 6 months to a year, that is fine but if the server is 90 and never anything else, I play around a little bit but I'll leave in the long run.

Hope someone knows, I havent been keeping up with EQ2 enough to be in the know.
  8. Boldac Active Member

I know I've seen a couple of these asked, but I'm going to ask them again along with some other questions.

1. We start at L90 for adventure, what about crafting? Personally, it will take longer to gather resources than it will to level crafting so I'm not too worried either way.
    2. With everyone starting at L90, how will we get our hands on the lower level crafting recipes? This will probably get answered once we know more about how the zones will scale (i.e. are the all set to L90 or will we auto-level to the zone)
    3. Will I be able, should I choose to, start a character at L1?
    4. Will anything be done to combat bots, exploiters and other not conducive to a good community types?
    5. Since we are starting at L90 with DoV, when would we expect to see, if ever, content beyond DoV? (i.e. Beastlords, Channelers, the other xpacs)(and if we do, hopefully it isn't for at least a good while)
    6. Will the non-standard races (vamps and those other folks that I can't remember the name of) be available?
    7. Will any vet rewards be available? If so, which ones?
    8. Epics, since we are at DoV, can we infer that we will be able to do epic 1.0 and ER out of the gate?
    9. Along that lines, with the changes to loot and gear, will the old heritage/signature quests be made more useful?

Okay, last one...

Since we are starting at L90, with level appropriate gear, will we be starting with apprentice level spells/abilities, adepts, etc?
  9. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

With the whole point of the server being that you can go anywhere, get a group, and it'll be relevant, what, if any, changes are being made to how mentoring works? Not much point in grouping when you can one shot every heroic(or epic) in the zone.
  10. Julesholland Active Member

Will probably try the new server, sounds like it might be interesting, I just hope the Overseer system is disabled on it or at least a basic irrelevance :)
    Siren likes this.
  11. Tilweani Member

:) Yes , waiting on the new Server ! sounds like a lot of fun coming just right around corner!!!
    Siren likes this.
  12. GrannyYylda New Member

I actually love the idea...

but like, what am I actually play FOR? what is my goal? I don't have leveling as a goal, I dont /really/ have gearing as a goal... like is it to just play, like a MOBA or fortnite or something? I mean, the whole reason MMOs have gearing./leveling is to give you something to work toward so you have reasons to play (and pay). I just don't know what exactly I am working toward, aside from playing to have fun (which so few actually do, or are motivated to do, without a reason to do it).

Like, a grind for something exists, but without a reason to be there, what's the point of doing the grind?
  13. shaunisme Member

We are addicts, we keep accepting ****.
  14. Malachy Well-Known Member

Grinding for achievements? You will get gear upgrades too. Not sure grinding is a reason for MMORPGs, it's about the multi-players. And having to grind countless hours to finally group with another player is not exactly a good business model.
    Hartsmith likes this.
  15. Boldac Active Member

I might be a bit old fashioned, but I look at MMOs as the digital or virtual version of the original tabletop RPGs like DnD. Sure, there are things in DnD that you can never account for in a video game (like player creativity or a truly evil Dungeon Master...I mean, who uses a ballista as a trap in a dungeon cell...). But on the note of grinding, one thing I like that has been added to EQ2 was the mentoring, although, I wish they would have allowed you to apprentice or "mentor-up" to your friends. Whenever we would add a new person to our DnD group or that random occasion when someone died (like a ballista to the chest...) they always would start off close to the rest of the group, not back at L1. Level agnostic zones give you that same sort of benefit. Sure, you won't have all the top abilities or gear, but at least you can group with friends and others and not feel so left behind.

I don't know if starting at L90 is the right idea for a new game, but for a game like EQ2 that runs off of just as much new stuff as it does nostalgia, its not a terrible idea. Really curious to see how they handle the zones, gear, spell/skill upgrades, etc. Either way, should be fun.

Now, do I play what I know or try something totally different this time.....
    Julez and Hartsmith like this.
  16. Martak New Member

Well i have Seen Server Come and GO the last one that came was Grate then it Fell by the side of the Road . is this going to be another one. some one said we need MORE PLAYERS . with that said i agree with that statement we need more Players ..maybe you should ask people out side the Game what will bring them Back to EQ1 and EQ2 and also ask what will bring New Players to the Game ..why has that not been ask or even thought of . second with out new Players this game will End. Us Old people like me in there 60s are dieing off LOL So why not ask the New Blood out of the game any way i am a Old man and a old player what do i know LOL ..
  17. Ramblon Member

As far as this question - I believe it was answered in the article with the following statement:

"As you adventure through the lands, you will be auto-mentored down to levels appropriate for the zone that you are in"
    Jaden and Tilweani like this.
  18. Boldac Active Member

Thanks, missed that.
    Hartsmith likes this.
  19. ratdeath New Member

This sound like an interesting server. Will it be locked at DoV era forever? (I hope so).

I look forward to a simpler era/time, no mercenaries, mount levels, familiars, ascension classes, etc.
  20. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Any word on if/when the beta for this is happening?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.