SPRING ROAD TRIP (by Airship) 2020

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Cyrrena, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yes that's why in Germany they came up with a proses to take out what upsets your stomach .
    When the coffee is roasted you get tiny particles of charcoal and yhats what gives people trouble.
    Or so they say .
  2. Leloes Well-Known Member

I don't know. I just know that if I drink coffee too often I get an incredible bout of diarrhea. :eek:
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Only takes one cup for me.

Lets see, yup, mooring lights are one. No they don't make the airship look like a flying saucer, more like a flying sandwich.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Good Morning ROAD TRIPPERS!!!!

Don't we all love adulting? *boo, hiss, hiss* NOT!!!

Anyway, I am happy I was not out late and did not feel the earthquake or I would be all for heading out of Puerto Rico today!!!! Here is a short recap of the remainder of yesterday's stops, I will use links from the Puerto Rico website as I cannot do them justice.

We moved into the Central region which is mountains, caves, and plains. We stopped at the town of Orocovis, which is home to the Toro Verde Nature Adventure Park. This park has 8 ziplines of varying lengths and degrees of extremity and the longest zipline in America at 1.5 miles that reaches speeds of over 94 mph!!! Here is the link for the park:

https://www.discoverpuertorico.com/article/visiting-toro-verde-nature-adventure-park

For those that did not want to get all crazy ziplining *raises hand* there is Lago de Matrullas where there is kayaking and gorgeous views. This is a man-made lake in Orocovis. There was also walking about Orocovis seeing the shops which are not touristy shops, they are just shops the local people shop in.

We visited Chorro de Doña Juana. This is a large waterfall, composed of three smaller chutes that flow into a pool that you can swim in at the bottom. It is easily accessible from the main road so that Leloes had no trouble visiting the waterfall with the group. Although Leloes will have no trouble getting to any attraction as we will make sure to get some form of acceptable transport to and from the attraction that is safe, we do not leave any ROAD TRIPPER behind!!!

Next we moved to the Southern Region and I guess it is a good thing we did, since we beat the Earthquake!!!! Our first stop in the South was Bahía de Jobos in Aguirre, Salinas, Puerto Rico. This is the second largest estuary in Puerto Rico. Here is the link:

https://www.discoverpuertorico.com/profile/bahia-de-jobos/8889

It is so nice having our tour buses so we can port around!!!! Our next stop was Baños de Coamo (Coamo Hot Springs). This is from the website:

Discovered in 1847, the Coamo springs are a relaxing oasis nestled in Puerto Rico's mountains. Visitors to the hot springs can enjoy any of the two thermal pools available on site, a spa, gift shop, and a café.

FOOD!!!!! We love food, any time, any where!!!!

Next we were off to Finca Península del Río. This is a bit different from our last few stops, its a local farm experience but it starts with a tour of their vineyard!!!! Here is a link:

https://www.discoverpuertorico.com/profile/finca-peninsula-del-rio/11718

And then we were off to the Albergue Olímpico Germán Rieckehoff. This is an Olympic Training Center in Salinas, here is the link:

https://www.discoverpuertorico.com/profile/albergue-olimpico-german-rieckehoff/7751

Next stop was La Guancha de Ponce. This is the boardwalk in Ponce facing the Caribbean Sea!!! Here is the link:

https://www.discoverpuertorico.com/profile/la-guancha-de-ponce/8482

While in Ponce, we wandered over to the Fuente de los Leones. This is a one of a kind water fountain surrounded by lions that was purchased at the World's Fair in New York in 1939. Lions are the symbol of Ponce.

Our last stop in the Southern Region for today is the Hacienda La Mocha which is also in Ponce. This is also a coffee farm but it is also a bird and butterfly sanctuary (Schmet!!!!!). Here is a link for this stop:

https://www.discoverpuertorico.com/profile/hacienda-la-mocha/9548

Now for the last stop before we return to San Juan, Miradero Villalba Orocovis, this is in the Central Mountain Region, but I thought it would be a great way to end the day. This is from the website:

Puerto Rico measures approximately 100 miles by 35 and in this precise place you can observe both the north coast and the Atlantic Ocean, and the south coast and the Caribbean Sea. There are gazebos where you have a picnics and enjoy the incredible views. It is also a good stop to take a break and before continuing on to your next adventure.

Finally, we ported back to San Juan and our resort, to shower, change and relax before cocktail hour and dinner.

Cocktail hour was at 6 pm and dinner at 7 pm at the Texas de Brazil - San Juan. Here is a bit about the restaurant as it is a bit different than just a steakhouse.

In southern Brazil, local cowboys called gauchos, prepare legendary feasts in a tradition known as churrasco. They slow-roast meats over open flames and present an impressive display of seasonal greens, vegetable dishes and regional delicacies. The succulent meats are brought to each group’s table and carved in a show of skill and festive offering.

At Texas de Brazil, we continue this treasured tradition. Treat yourself to a wide array of chef-crafted salads, roasted vegetables, imported cheeses and charcuterie. Enjoy house-baked cheese bread, garlic mashed potatoes and fried bananas. Turn your card to green, and expert carvers generously serve you sizzling beef, lamb, pork, chicken and Brazilian sausage. Simply turn your card to red to take a break. Liven up your meal by ordering our signature cocktail – the Caipirinha. And remember, our servers are always standing by to accommodate any request.

They have a salad bar type area that has 50-60 items including fresh fruits, salads, artisan breads, cheeses, and more.

I will make a separate post for today's activities calendar!!
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Me too Leloes!! Iced and black tea, nothing else.
  6. Leloes Well-Known Member

I like it with cream and sugar......only one cup....then I might not get the royal shats! :p
  7. Breanna Well-Known Member

That food was delicious I couldn't stop eating I'm afraid I ate way too much, so I was crashed in the air ship too. Food Coma!!!
  8. Balcerak Well-Known Member

zipping thru the ziplines! whoo hooo!
  9. Leloes Well-Known Member

OOPS! Misread your post.....thought you were referring to coffee!! LOL I can drink almost any tea...sweetened....unsweetened.....I just love tea!
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Good Afternoon ROAD TRIPPERS!!!

That was some day yesterday and then an Earthquake last night to finish it off!!!!! Today we are exploring the Eastern Region, but I did hold one stop from the Southern Region as it will take some time so we will start the day there, and of course our time delays are set long. I am posting this as we are sitting down to lunch.

Our first stop today was Olimpia Water Park in Salinas. I checked with them that the park was open and safe prior to actually setting us up to go there. Here is a link for the park, I couldn't wait for mini-golf!!!!

https://www.discoverpuertorico.com/profile/olimpia-water-park/7799

And of course we are enjoying lunch at the park at a food court type area within the park, this is a new addition not listed on the linked page!!

After lunch, we will be visiting the Eastern Region of Puerto Rico. Our first stop will be, the El Yunque National Forest. The El Yunque National Forest is the only tropical rain forest in the US National forest system. It is nearly 29,000 acres, it is one of the smallest in size, yet one of the most biologically diverse of the National forests hosting hundreds of animal and plant species, some of which are found only here! This forest receives an annual fluvial precipitation of almost 400 billion liters of precipitation. Its waterfalls, orchids, giant ferns, imposing tabonuco trees and palms make this a spectacular tropical rain forest and one that we could not miss seeing. We stopped at the Palmer visitor center which houses educational exhibits, a gift shop, a botanical garden, and maps which shows us must see stops on our trip through the forest. We also stopped at La Coca Falls. At an elevation of 1,476 feet (450 meters) above sea level, La Coca Falls is a spectacular waterfall! The waters of La Coca Falls drop 85 feet (26 meters) onto a huge rock formation at the bottom of the falls. There is no swimming in the pool below the falls allowed.

Our next stop will be Parque Histórico Cueva María de la Cruz in Loíza, Puerto Rico. This is a historic park, here is a link from the website:

https://www.discoverpuertorico.com/profile/parque-historico-cueva-maria-de-la-cruz/8689

Our next stop is the Jardín Botánico y Cultural de Caguas William Miranda Marín in Caguas, Puerto Rico. This is a cultural and botanical garden. This is from the gardens website:

The William Miranda Marín Botanical and Cultural Garden is the cradle of the country's history and culture. Important archaeological sites of the Taíno Indians that inhabited Borikén -aboriginal name of Puerto Rico- converge in the grounds of the Jardin, centennial ruins of the old Sugar Mill San José, as well as the centennial Barracón with traces of slave labor whose invaluable sacrifice represented an important element in the development of the Creole personality.

For all of the above, the William Miranda Marín Botanical and Cultural Garden exposes the rich multicultural heritage that makes up the Creole heritage of Cagüeños and Puerto Ricans. By adding in its texture the fibers of the Taíno, black and Spanish, the Garden celebrates the roots of Creole and Puerto Rican for the enjoyment of our people and its visitors.

There is even a shop here that sells more than 90 different types of fruit trees. Since this is a US Territory, you are allowed to purchase these trees and bring them into the continental US.

Our last stop in the Eastern Region will be Laguna Grande Bio-luminescent Bay in Fajardo, Puerto Rico. We will be having cocktail hour and dinner in Fajardo, so we can spend the afternoon exploring the town, then cocktail hour and dinner and the bay following as the best viewing is after dark. Here is the link:

https://www.discoverpuertorico.com/profile/laguna-grande-bioluminescent-bay/9055

I have scheduled cocktail hour for 6 pm and dinner for 7 pm at El Yate in Fajardo.

Lets have a great day ROAD TRIPPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow we are off to the US Virgin Islands. We will be checking into the Carambola Beach Resort in St. Croix. I booked all of their suites which all have ocean views and private patios. Leloes, they had 2 that are wheelchair accessible with roll-in showers, you will be able to look at each of them and choose the one you prefer. But we will still have the other one booked as well in case another ROAD TRIPPER needs the handicap accommodations as well. We have a lot of ROAD TRIPPERS that lurk!!! Every suite has WiFi, kitchens with refrigerators and snacks, living rooms, and televisions in the bedroom area and living room area. There is also a dining table in every suite. We will spend Monday thru Wednesday exploring the three US Virgin Islands, on Thursday, we will port over to the British Virgin Islands.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Leloes like this.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Driving my airship,
    listening to the radio,
    being careful dropping Ye Olde Anchor,
    Look out below !
  12. Balcerak Well-Known Member

I've been to St. John and the others. There was a very nice little restaurant on the beach with nice lunches. Also, if you buy stuff there and are from the US you don't have any duties to pay. But then I was on a cruise ship and our limit was I think $4000 between us for duty and we bought a lot on islands that were not US territories. I think it came to $8500 including the watch we won in a drawing on the ship. We listed it all and expected we'd have to pay something, but apparently the cruise ships have some sort of deal with customs and they just told us to move along.

Of course with the airship we'll just fly over whatever customs anyone would need to cross, so no issue.
  13. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Are we going to the Renaissance Carambola? And can we visit the sea turtles in Tortola when we get to the British side?
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Tea rocks, especially black tea! :D

Uwk
    who really, really doesn't like Earl Grey at all, though... (sorry, Capt. Picard, wherever you are these days ;->)
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Uwk loves mini-golf and hasn't played it in eons, so any of y'all could probably win there. ;->

I'll get 1-2 of each of the fruit trees (depending on whether they're self-pollinating with hermaphrodite flowers or need a male and female tree of each; yeah, that can happen, plants are weird ;->) and ship them back, preferably to the nearest community farm in our region 'cause our RL balcony has a northern exposure, and I'm not sure how many of the trees would do well dwarfed anyway. ;->

But fruit is awesome. :) I'll leave out the passion fruit in my harvest when it comes to that, though; imho, those are horrid (sorry, any Brits! You can have mine). :-/

Uwk
    mightily impressed by the undersea "fireworks" and digging those lions on the fountain! :D
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Leloes like this.
  16. Leloes Well-Known Member

I don't drink near as much tea as I used to. I usually stick with green tea these days when I do drink it. Don't think I ever tried Earl Grey. Patrick Stewart otherwise known as Capt. Picard is on CBS these days. He has a show called "Picard".
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

hmm , hmmm thumb's through a big catalog for greenhouses I think I will buy this one 10000 square feet of planting area
    and 14 feet high .
    walks through the nursery .
    Ok one of this 5 of this bushes 2 of this trees and , yes two of those .
    Ends up with , amm I lost count o well I can always buy another greenhouse.

I love , love ,loved the jungle .
    Grabs vine and swings through the jungle " ahuahuahhhh " me Butterfly Jane
    But those zippy lines scared me's

Is am had so much fun at that bay with the glowing water's , looks around and hops into the water , poors some over herself
    I's am a glowing blue rattonga .

that dinner was great too us ratongs have's a little of a carnivore's in us so my card was green for a long time .
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

We can go wherever you wish. As long as you post it prior to the day we are off to do things at that destination you are good, I can include it!!!!
  19. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I don't care for Earl Grey either. I may be from Ireland and the Brits are a hop, skip, and a jump, away, but Earl Grey is not a favorite, and I do not know many Brits that like Earl Grey either, they drink Tetley, but most just buy the store brand tea.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You looked adorable Schmet glowing blue. And you looked adorable dressed in that leopard print Jane costume and swinging from vines. I am with you, the Ziplines scared me, that is why I did not go on them.

And I had 6 of each and every tree shipped to my home.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.