SPRING ROAD TRIP (by Airship) 2020

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Cyrrena, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Miniature golf ! did someone say ?!

I used to dream of living next door to a miniature golf course.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

get your own in your backyard
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Good Morning ROAD TRIPPERS!!!!

Here we are in St. Croix in the US Virgin Islands. We have just checked into the Renaissance Carambola Beach Resort (It was the place you were talking about Balcerak!!) by Marriott. I guess I should have said we would be exploring the US Virgin Islands Sunday through Wednesday and then porting to the British Virgin Islands on Thursday. I think my brain was leaping ahead and just figuring well everybody knows since we are arriving in the morning we will have all day to explore on Sunday!!!!

I thought today we would go at a leisurely pace!! I thought we would begin our day with a trip to Estate Mount Washington in Frederiksted. This is a plantation, here is a link describing the entire estate that was fully restored in 1986:

http://www.estatemtwashington.com/about

A stroll along the Boardwalk for some retail therapy in Frederiksted is in order!!!

Next we will go to Salt River Bay National Historical Park and Ecological Preserve in Christiansted. This park is home to the last Mangrove forest in the US Virgin Islands. Here is a link to the National Forest Service Site for this preserve:

https://www.nps.gov/sari/index.htm

We will hit the Christiansted Market on the Boardwalk while we are in Christiansted for a bit of retail therapy!!!!

Next we are visiting the Little La Grange Farm & Lawaetz Museum. This is an organic reef to table farm that produces fruits and pork and is in the early stages of vegetable production. Here is a link to their site:

https://www.llgfarm.com/

Last I scheduled a tour of the Cruzan Rum Distillary. Here is a link to their site:

https://www.cruzanrum.com/

After the tour, we can hang out at the resort which is on the beach, go shopping near the resort, take a rest before cocktail hour and dinner, there is snorkeling and scuba diving you can set up at the hotel, you can charter a fishing boat at the hotel, whatever you wish to do for the rest of the afternoon.

Cocktail hour is at 6 pm and dinner is at 7 pm at the Flamboyant Beach Bar which is located inside of our resort.

Lets get out there and have a great day everybody!!!!!!!!!!
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Hmm.. tropical mango perhaps ?

Hmm. Oh, these spherical transports can be used underwater. The treads retract so as to no damage the coral. Engines with propellors push us through the water, and there are wings and steerable controls.

While you can do a loop the loop, forwards or backwards, be careful to not become disoriented. There is an arrow on the control panel that always points up. If you want to go up, and you aren't it will start flashing and a speaker will say 'wrong way. pull up !'. If you ignore it, the controls will take you back up to the surface and then the beach.

No, I don't know what crush depth is on these machines. But down to 30 feet should be okay.
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

Like Leloes said he has a new show called Picard. It's all CBS All Access though so you have to pay which I find truly stupid.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I looked it up, and because of everyone supposed to be staying at home, the first year is free (ain't it always the way? "The first sample's free, kid. Heh heh heh. ;->"). :)

Uwk
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

They're spherical, they should be able to handle quite a bit of pressure, yeah. :)

And if worst comes to worst, I've got my Hadden's Earring somewhere... :D

Uwk
    Rosyposy, Cyrrena, Geroblue and 2 others like this.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Rum :D pinna colada Rum chocolate :) Rum Balls :cool:

those mangrove trees look like the trees in Eidolon Jungle minus the eyes.

And after that farm visit I had my shoes disinfected so we don't bring back bugs to the main land US.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Good Morning ROAD TRIPPERS!!!!

It was a nice day yesterday!!! Not too much running about, still some sites to see on St. Croix, but today, we are going to the island of St. Thomas. I figured we could use our last day in the US Virgin Islands to finish up St. Croix and a couple smaller islands. Guess what???? There is tons of Duty Free Shopping here!!! I think the Cabana Boys will be very busy today!!! I have set the time delays very long today so we have a lot of time!!!!!

After breakfast, we will port over to St. Thomas and begin our explorations by visiting the Phantasea Tropical Botanical Garden. This garden was started by one woman and has been under construction for over 20 years. Here is a link to their site:

http://www.stthomasbotanicalgarden.com/about.html

Our next stop is Coral World Ocean Park. This is a marine life park, which supports a myriad of conservation programs as well as educational programs, you all know my passion for both of these. Here is a link to their site:

https://coralworldvi.com/who-we-are/

Next we will be visiting the Pirate's Treasure Museum. They have a lot of exhibits about various facets of Pirates in the Caribbean seas, sunken ships, and more. We can do some treasure hunting, they have a gift shop, and more!!! Here is a link to their site:

https://piratestreasuremuseum.com/

Our next stop is the 99 Steps. Leloes will need the bubble craft with the treads for this one. This is from their website:

Visit one of St. Thomas’s most famous historical sites. Situated on a hilltop, these 5 acres are known as "The Williamsburg of the Caribbean”. You will see several National Landmark Properties and historical manor houses dating as far back as the late 1600's. From here start your historic walking tour at your own pace. There is also an option for a guided tour. You will hear of the island's pirate legacy as you visit Skytsborg Tower (originally a 17th century Danish military tower). The view of the harbor is spectacular and a must see. Enjoy the view while taking a dip in one of Blackbeard’s three pools. Continue your tour down the hill through three breathtaking manor houses: Villa Notman, Haagensen House and Hotel 1829, all listed in the National Register of Historic Places. History comes alive as you view the world's largest collection of life-sized pirate sculptures, crafted in copper and bronze. The historic homes house the world's most extensive collection of authentic hand-made West Indian Mahogany furniture. Next you'll pass by lush tropical gardens, terraces and fountains, and the 99 Steps, one of St. Thomas' most famous landmarks. At the end of the tour you will find yourself on main street and the historic shopping district of Charlotte Amalie.

There is also a rum tasting tour on this attraction. The guided tour is basically guides that tell you about certain areas but they do not go with you, they are posted at those areas. So we just move along the route by a map at our own pace. Our bus can drop us off at the top where we begin and we work our way down. When we get to Charlotte Amalie, we will stop for lunch!!!

I have scheduled lunch at the Shoreline Bar and Grille.

After lunch, we can do some retail therapy in Charlotte Amalie Duty Free!!! When we are tired of that, we will move along to our final stop on St. Thomas, the Cas Cay-Mangrove Lagoon Marine Reserve & Wildlife Sanctuary. This is on the east end of St. Thomas and will take a minimum of 4 hours to explore the least amount. Leloes will need the bubble vehicle as there is kayaking and snorkeling involved. Here is a clip from one of the websites:

"...A fun and unique multi-eco experience awaits you with a kayaking, hiking, and snorkeling tour in St Thomas' unique Mangrove Lagoon Wildlife Sanctuary & Marine Reserve.

Kayak among the many small islands of the protected Mangrove Lagoon. Learn why the Mangrove ecosystem plays a crucial role in protecting healthy offshore coral reefs and local bird and reef fish populations. At Cas Cay, enjoy a hermit crab race and a hike to tidal pools, volcanic cliffs, and a visit to the rare geologic blow hole for a scenic photo opportunity. Hike the pristine, deserted 15-acre island of Cas Cay, which is part of the Virgin Islands Park System. Enjoy the many breathtaking views from the coral and shell laden beaches, and snorkel a coral-fringed mangrove nursery with an easy beach entry in the clear, protected waters.

This award-winning ecotour features experienced nature guides and fun for the entire family. No ecotour or adventure experience is necessary. Our sit-on-top kayaks accommodate two people and are easy to paddle. Our guides also offer snorkeling instruction, point out the marine life, and interpret the diverse mangrove ecosystem."

I have scheduled cocktail hour for 6 pm and dinner for 7 pm at Duffy's Love Shack on St. Thomas, and then we will port back to our resort on St. Croix. After that, the rest of the night is yours. Should you want to return to St. Thomas to explore some of the nightlife, you can have the bus or the Cabana Boys take you back, or just stay there and use your green button to summon the Cabana Boys to return you to the resort when you are done on St. Thomas.

Tomorrow, we will be exploring the Island of St. John.

Now lets get out there ROAD TRIPPERS and show these islands what Norrathians are made of!!!!!!!!
  10. Breanna Well-Known Member

I just love all the site seeing and stuff!!!! I'm gonna love the botanical gardens. I'm glad we have stuff for Leloes too so he can come along. Not sure though but if we show them what us Norrathians are made of we may not get invited back LOL LOL
  11. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Yup the rum, the beach. I love to sit and watch the rock iguanas along the harbor staking out sunning areas for themselves. Head bobbing and puffing themselves up to look big. The green iguanas are around too, but mostly in the bushes. And a tip if you are wearing open toed shoes. Green iguanas can mistake red painted toenails for berries.
  12. Leloes Well-Known Member

In a virtual trip I'm able to go anywhere I want to! That's what I love about gaming.....I can still walk, run, climb and anything else I want to do!
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yes Leloes on this trip you are still you , we will point out how real life people would get around ,even if they are handicapped
    just in case somebody ever wants to see those places for real , but than we go beyond an you can do what ever you want and go where ever you want , because we have imagination.

ooooooooooh more plants I's can buys , look at all those pretty flowers , look Breanna , look

And this beach is nice I's can even finds pieces of coral , I's can gather stuff like in Norath.

thare even is shinies her Arr , ( puts on her pirate hat and her fake parrot ) and stalks around making herself look bigger )
    well maybe by a cm .
  14. Breanna Well-Known Member

Did you say shinies?
  15. Leloes Well-Known Member

I love using my imagination! It allows me to do anything I want! Things I have been unable to do for over thirty years!:D
  16. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Oooh I've been to duffysloveshack. I got the Caribbean and Polynesian Pu-Pu for the table so dig in!
  17. Balcerak Well-Known Member

18. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Anyone for flaming s'mores?
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

am no thanks I like my spicy hot sauce on meat , or vegies not on s'mores .
    but ask ttobey over on that table over there he might want some .
  20. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I’m not there, so don’t ask me.