SPRING ROAD TRIP (by Airship) 2020

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Cyrrena, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

but I see you right over there now your dancing the Flamenco with some hot chicks .

amm Cyrrena , did you's forget to check if ttobey smuggled in his double again ?
    Seams like that ttobey is dancing to good's.
  2. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

The Simulacrum of ttobey sits quietly in the cafeteria. Breanna walks up behind it and pushes a smalled concealed button. The simulacrum's upper cranium flips off revealing it's metal skull and now glowing red eyes! As it's head starts spinning the lasers cut through all the walls shearing the airship in half! The bottom plunges to the earth with whoever was sleeping in the lower bunks! Breanna did it again! With the weight of the lower half gone, the top of the airship quickly flies out of orbit and missiles into the sun. I'm not sure why you invite her with her murderous thirst for blood!
  3. Balcerak Well-Known Member

He's just trying to deflect the attention he brought on himself when he tried to do the limbo and had that costume failure.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ttobey , why did you pop all those nice balloons ? the restaurant owner was not happy and told the waiters to stop serving you wine.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

So, that muffled voice I hear from the person tied up at the next table isn't you ?
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Oh you are so there, so is Dreamweaver, Caith, Kaitheel, Chrol, Gnobrin, and Keeks!!!!!!! So just enjoy it Ratman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Nothing to worry about folks, Gero will reload the backups!!!
  8. Balcerak Well-Known Member

I think the issue is a psychological denial that he's going through. Last night as we dragged him to his bunk he was singing a Toto song but substituting 'Breanna' for 'Rosanna'.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

heck ttobey has a great imagination too, or he would not be so good at his job , so you always have to look carefully at what he
    sais like this time his "double " sliced through the air ship well what he really did is slice up all those pretty balloons in the restaurant .
    But we all's love ttobey anyway ( makes googely eyes at ttobey ) .
  10. Balcerak Well-Known Member

I think the visit to the 'love shack' has had an effect on several folks :)
  11. Breanna Well-Known Member

I think he needs to quit trying to get me to murder people. I have no idea why he does it. I think you're right Balcerak he is just trying to divert attention away from himself. I hope someone got a video of that dance he was doing.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Backups ?! Oh, those backups. Loaded.
  13. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I am like The Watcher. I only report the truth.
  14. Balcerak Well-Known Member

I have an earworm from listening to ttobey's singing last night:

"All I want to do when I wake up in the morning is see you eyes
    Breanna, Breanna
    Never thought that a girl like you could ever care for me, Breanna"
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Good late morning ROAD TRIPPERS!!!!

I am writing this as we are sitting down to lunch on the beautiful island of St. John. St. John is considered the Ecotourism capital of the US Virgin Islands, and I haven't formed an opinion on that yet as we have seen so many beautiful places on the other two islands.

So far this morning, we visited the Annaberg Plantation, here is a bit from their website:

The Annaberg Plantation is one of several St. John's plantations owned in the 1720s and 1730s by Frederick Moth, the first Danish Governor of St.Croix and, later, the Governor General of the Danish West Indies. By the early 19th century, Annaberg, one of St. John's biggest sugar producers, also produced molasses and rum for export. The historic district's extensive ruins include a windmill tower, factory, slave quarters and other structures associated with sugar production.

Next we went to, Cinnamon Bay Nature Trail, this was another gorgeous National Park. Here is a clip from the National Park Service website:

Meander through the ruins of the historic Cinnamon Bay Sugar Plantation. Smell the scent of the leaves from the bay rum trees, which were once used to make the famous St John Bay Rum Cologne. The boardwalk and nature loop are located across the road from the entrance to the Cinnamon Bay Campground. The nature loop is an easy 0.5 mile hike.

For a more adventurous hike, try the strenuous 1 mile Cinnamon Bay Trail which begins east of the ruins. Hike uphill through a shaded forest filled with several tall trees including mango, genip, guava berry, kapok, and mammee apple. There is a 0.38 mile spur off of this trail leading to the ruins of a great house known as America Hill. This trail ends at Centerline Road.

Our next stop was Cinnamon Bay Ruins & Loop Trail. This connects to the Cinnamon Bay Nature Trail. Here is a link to the website for this stop:

http://www.stjohntour.com/CinnamonBayRuins.html

Our next to the last stop before lunch was Reef Bay Trail. Here is a clip from the website:

This 2.2-mile hiking trail is one of the best on St. John: descend through a shady, moist forest and a dry forest, through visible remains of four sugar mills, pass by pre-Columbian petroglyphs, and end at a beautiful, pristine beach.

There is a huge waterfall that most of the trail passes by and it flows into a pool. You can take a dip into that pool before continuing on down the trail where you eventually end up at the beach.

After all this walking and hiking, I thought maybe some retail therapy might be in order before lunch so we made a stop at Wharfside Village in Cruz Bay. There are a lot of touristy shops here, a lot of the shops are just now recovering from the hurricanes a few years back so I feel good supporting them by shopping here.

We are at Hook, Line & Sinker at Cay Bay. This is an open air restaurant serving fresh seafood, caribbean food, or American food. There is also a full bar.

After lunch, we will be visiting, the Francis Bay Trail, this is in the Virgin Islands National Park. This is not a strenuous hike, it is about 0.2 miles down a well maintained boardwalk from a large parking lot. There are some ruins along the way, a lot of small crabs, iguanas, a lot of bird species, such as heron, ducks, egrets and stilts, bats, donkeys and deer. You can snorkel here as well, there are a myriad of colorful fish, squid, octopus, sea turtles, and stingrays (babies as this is a reef area where the babies are left).

Next we will be visiting, Coral Bay. Coral Bay is a town in the Southeasterly portion of St John Island. From this town, you can reach Salt Pond Beach, Drunk Bay, Ramshead, Grootpan Bay, Kiddel Bay, and Lameshur Bay. All of these require a hike from Salt Pond Beach except for Lameshur Bay, which requires a drive up a steep road, but then the beach is right next to the parking area. So these comprise most of our afternoon. There are snorkeling and kayaking opportunities at all of these as well as lots of birds, crabs, iguanas, turtles, rays, squid, octopus, and other critters. So a bit of something for everyone, including taking a chair and just kicking back on the beach!!!

After all of that, some more retail therapy to wrap up the day, first stop, St. John Spice, I had to get some Madagascar Vanilla, fresh cinnamon and nutmeg, and some others, here is a link:

https://www.stjohnspice.com/

Next up, is the Pink Papaya. This is a kooky shop, a bit pricey, but we have no budgets, here is a link:

https://www.pinkpapaya.com/

After that is, St. John's Brewers Craft Beers Island Brewery and Pub. They sell craft beer and soda, t-shirts, gifts, and more. And you get a free 6 pack of craft beer for buying 3 t-shirts. Here's a link:

https://www.stjohnbrewers.com/

Our next shop is Island Fancy. They sell a lot of things made by local artists as well as the usual touristy stuff. Here is a link:

https://islandfancy.com/

I had to add this one to the list, Lost Boy Creations, if you read the about page on the link, this describes every single one of us. They have some nice t-shirts, hats, and more. Here is the link:

https://www.lostboycreations.com/

Then we are off to Donald Schnell Studios. This is a working ceramics studio, here is a clip from a reviewing website:

This ceramics gallery is also a workshop where you can watch artisans at work making water fountains, lights, signs, planters, vases, musical wind chimes and dinnerware. The gallery specializes in coral pottery dinnerware; coral sand and melted glass are mixed to mimic the colors and textures of Caribbean stone and water.

Our last stop is Tillett Gardens. This is a multi-faceted center where local artisans produce goods to sell, you can watch them work, ask questions and browse the wares for sale, here is a clip from a reviewing website:

Silk-screen artist Jim Tillett and his wife founded Tillett Gardens in 1959 as a screen printing studio and art gallery. Since then it has expanded into a wide- ranging arts and crafts center where local artists and craftsmen make and sell pottery, candles, jewelry, baskets and artisanal food and leather products. Many of the artisans work on-site so you can watch the crafts take shape, and some offer workshops. Tillett Gardens is also home to three restaurants, a music studio (which offers lessons) and the Pistarckle Theater, which stages about plays and musicals throughout the year. The facility also hosts several classical and contemporary musical performances during the island's high season.

Cocktail hour is scheduled for 6 pm and dinner is scheduled for 7 pm at the High Tide Seafood Bar and Grille. They have seafood, salads, steaks, burgers, and more. Something for everybody on the menu here.

After dinner we will be porting back to St. Croix to our resort. If you wish to stay on St. John and enjoy some night life feel free, just make sure to have your green button with you. All the ferry boats to St. Croix stop service at 9 pm and its a long swim!!!

Lets have a great day. Tomorrow is our last day in the US Virgin Islands. We will finish up St. Croix, and can catch any stops that anybody wants to see. Since there isn't a ton that I think I might of missed, I thought we might also pop back to Puerto Rico for a tour of the Barcardi Distillery. There is a 6 hour guided tour which includes the history of Bacardi, including the distilling processes, and the distillery itself, the rum tasting tour *waggles eyebrows*, and a mixology class. This of course would be after lunch!!!
  16. Balcerak Well-Known Member

I'm all in for the taproom at stjohnsbrewers A very nice Cinco de Mayo feast to go. Followed by walking along the coast and seeing all the iguanas and other critters. I used to care for two iguanas. I had a huge cage for them and let them out to explore when I was at home. They are quite smart. When they got big (6 foot with tail) and I had to move I rehomed them with a friend who had turned his basement into a herpetology reserve. But my oldest would cling to me and if a stranger to her came near she'd run around my shirt to hide.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea not all dear pets have fur
  18. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Yeah she was a sweetie, the other was pretty much indifferent to me for whatever reason. She loved having her head stroked and just loved to sit on my shoulder while I watched TV. Hopefully she is still going at it, (I lost touch with my friend) but they have long lifespans.
  19. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Good Morning ROAD TRIPPERS!!!!

Today is our last day in the US Virgin Islands. We are on St. Croix finishing our breakfast at our resort. This afternoon, we will be popping back to Puerto Rico and spending the entire afternoon at the Bacardi Distillery!!! YAY!!!! We will be doing the historic tour, the rum tasting tour, and the mixology classes, this will take a minimum of 6 hours!!! So I just set the whole afternoon aside for this and then we will return to St. Croix for cocktail hour and dinner.

After breakfast, I guess, I came up with an unintended theme for today as I found a couple of places on the island that we did not visit before. Our first stop is the Sion Farm Distillary. This is a clear breadfruit vodka, here is a link:

https://www.sionfarmdistillery.com/about-us/

Next is, one of my favorites, the Captain Morgan Distillary. I just love Captain Morgan Dark Spiced Rum!!!! Here is a link to the Captain's site:

http://www.stcroixtourism.com/captainmorgan/

Between the 2 of these stops and a bit of retail therapy in each and maybe some retail therapy around the resort. I think that will take us up to a good time to port over to Puerto Rico to hit the Bacardi Distillery. I think we should all be sure to be in front of our resort no later than 12:30 pm so our bus can port us over. If by chance you miss the bus, use your green button. Since this will take 6 hours, I will set our time delays very slow, so we will actually be starting our tour at 11 am local time in Puerto Rico.

Cocktail hour will be at 6 pm and dinner will be at 7 pm as per usual at The New Deep End Bar and Grille on the Island of St. Croix.

Now lets get out there and start looking at distillaries!!!! We have already seen quite a few on other road trips but I think this will be the first vodka distillary we have been to!!

Tomorrow we will be moving to the British Virgin Islands and checking into The Scrub Island Resort, Spa, and Marina, which is a private island resort 1.5 miles off the coast of Tortola. I have booked every room at the resort as they have just enough rooms to accomodate all of us and maybe a couple left over. Every room is at least a suite, some are villas. Every single one has at least 2.5 bathrooms with separate soaking tubs and walk in showers, which can also be roll in showers if needed. This is an absolutely gorgeous resort!!!!!
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yay , did's you knows there are wild green parrots living in Puerto Rico ?