SPRING ROAD TRIP (by Airship) 2020

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Cyrrena, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Yup there was enough Mahi Mahi for everyone, though I think Uwkete ordered it rare.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

Now where did you find that post? I don't see where I made that post anywhere. You're making things up again.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Hmmm... Ttobey must be suffering from altitude sickness.

I know The Cure !

Hand On !

Airship dives, while doing so does an Immelman,
    whatever that is,
    a loop the loop,
    backwards,
    A sideways fandango,
    aaannnd back to level flight,
    of course,
    following the curvature of the planet.

No objects were tossed about, and no passengers nor crew tossed either, unless that is what you want.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Oh, those were one gravity turns... like the ballet dancers in Swan Lake.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Good Afternoon ROAD TRIPPERS!!!

I didn't plan anything for this morning as I thought we would just carry on with shopping and exploring Old San Juan and whatever outdoor activities you may have liked to enjoy. Since we are finishing up lunch now, I thought I would give you a heads up for the afternoon.

We will be taking one of our fabulous ROAD TRIP tour buses and popping over to Flamenco, Culebra, Puerto Rico. This is a small island east of the main island. There are white sand beaches and active coral reefs here. There are numerous smaller beaches and this island is mainly a nature preserve and home to dozens of type of endangered sea turtles and birds. There is a water taxi that you can take to another smaller island, Isla Culebrita, where the only man made structure on the island is an old lighthouse. There are tons of charter fishing boats available as well as reef snorkeling.

I have scheduled cocktail hour at 6 pm and dinner at 7 pm at Dinghy Dock on Flamenco, Culebra. After dinner we will port back to our resort and you are free to enjoy the nightlife in San Juan or relax and chat in the lounge or get an early nights rest.

I believe we will be departing Puerto Rico on Sunday Morning. So Friday, we will be exploring the Western side of Puerto Rico and Saturday, we will explore the Eastern Side. I will give you some more information tomorrow morning or later tonight!!
  6. Breanna Well-Known Member

That sounds relaxing just lounging on the beech.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Good inertial dampeners! :D

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Leloes like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Flamenco...is that where the dance originated, or did they name that region after wherever it did originate? :)

Uwk
    who loves nature preserves, and just hope they made it through the hurricane(s) okay :-/
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The dance originated in Spain and the name was from Spain settling the Islands first.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Good Morning ROAD TRIPPERS!!!!

Today we are exploring the Western Region of Puerto Rico and will probably dip into the Central and perhaps a bit of the Southern regions as well. These other regions are not as overloaded as the San Juan region so we will not be packing things in, just setting the time delays a bit long and we can leisuirely explore these areas and still leave Puerto Rico Sunday as planned.

Our first stop today, since it is morning and I know a lot of you love, love, love your coffee, is Hacienda Los Eucaliptos in Lares, Puerto Rico. This is a third generation family owned farm that is home to more than 150,000 coffee trees. Here we will be participating in their "coffee experience" and touring the old hacienda house which is now home to a myriad of antiques.

Our next stop is Plaza Colón - Mayagüez in Mayagüez. This town square dates back to the 1840s and is filled with historic statues and monuments, and is surrounded by historic buildings.

Here we go, get your spelunking helmets out!!!! Our next stop is Cueva del Viento. This is a limestone cavern system found in the Guajataca Forest in Isabela, Puerto Rico. There are no requirements here of washing our boots and clothing and stuff like we did at all the cave systems we visited last year. To enter this cavern, we will be unguided and will be descending down a wooden staircase. Everybody please grab one of the Maglights here on the table next to me, police issue of course and they are yours to keep forever!!!! Also grab one of these spelunking helmets. There are no park rangers here, we are on our own!!

This is just a tidbit to start our morning. I will give your some more tidbits in a little while, lets get moving ROAD TRIPPERS, I know quite a few of you need your coffee!!!!!
  11. Breanna Well-Known Member

OOO Yum coffee. I'm staying at the coffee farm while you guys go spelunking. Last time still gives me the chills when I think of all those spiders ICK. :confused:
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Beaches, ooh, sunburn. I'll stay in the shade.
  13. Leloes Well-Known Member

Me, too. I burn very easily.
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Ya know, I remember reading a sf story many years ago of a mobile system that allowed Jovians to visit light gravity worlds like the Earth. Basically a sphere on a set of wheels. A door in the back, cameras and lights on the outside.

So, we could do that, variable sun filter, filtered air, wide rubberized tracks so as to not sink into the sand. And an umbrella on top.

Well, a stereo in there to. Comfy chair, restroom built-in, easy to use controls.
  15. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Well, I'll skip the coffee and do the plaza and spelunking! I'll stay in the hacienda while you sip your coffee, unfortunately coffee makes me ill. I like the smell though.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thanks for the PPE, Cy! I'll definitely be keeping the Maglite; it'll be a good close-in weapon, should we need it in the caves (my usual beloved axes are a wee tad big for cramped spaces ;->).

If you guys want to stay out of the sun by being in the caves, I'm sure we could rig up a walking/climbing Jovian travel thing for Leloes! :)

Too bad, Balcerak! :( While I don't really care for coffee that actually tastes like coffee (though Cafe Mocha is fine! With lots of additions... ;->), I do think I'd be sad if I couldn't indulge in that much caffeine any more... :(

Uwk
  17. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Good thing we weren't in the cave when the earthquake hit this morning! Not sure what it felt like there but Ponce got hit pretty hard. I was snug in bed in the airship, dunno if anyone else was out late and felt it.
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

an air ship is a good place to be during an earthquake besides ours was moored to the hotel roof , so it probably was shaking
    hard , good thing you had no coffee , or you would be more than sick .
  19. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Someone like me!!!!! I love the smell and that is all!!
  20. Leloes Well-Known Member

I only drink coffee occasionally because it tends to upset my stomach. I do love the smell of coffee brewing, though. Tea is my drink.