Testing Overseer Changes

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Niami DenMother, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Yay! I haven't run into more scholar books but I'll send them to you if I find some. Got a couple tailors and weaponsmith and other totally useless recipes like that but I keep them, nobody will ever need that crap anyway.

I found two quests that I didn't have, they auto-added fine and I ran one of the 2 already. I love the smart loot on quests, it's really refreshing. Would be nice to have some kind of smart loot on agents too (decreased chance of getting agents you already have)
    Argosunited and Breanna like this.
  2. Gerak Well-Known Member

Not sure I would want the Smart loot on agents. You might get some you want to pass on to your alts.
    Argosunited and Wimble like this.
  3. Arcos Active Member

4. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Please, no smart loot. Just keep the rewards heirloom or tradeable.
  5. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's why I was asking for a decreased chance of getting the ones you already have instead of a real smart loot where you wouldn't get them at all. I'm not sure it's possible anyway. But I'm a bit tired of getting tons of Grumpy Little Steves.
    My idea is that already having the agent would decrease the probability of getting it by 50% or something along those lines. With the small % of chances of getting a given agent it wouldn't decrease the probability by much anyway.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Arcos Active Member

Perhaps something similar to familiars - if you get something you already have you could trade it in or destroy it for a chance at getting something with a trait?
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

BUG? I completed "Captured by Orcs" and the popup indicated that I'd earned a bonus reward (2 chests shown - the basic for the treasured adventure reward, and a second chest for the bonus reward). Only 1 reward was received, however (greater fragment of planar energy). Is this how it acts when it tries to award an adventure/mission that you already have, or sign of a new bug?
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I've seen this if you have a LORE item and it tries to give you another (like the instance reset bauble).
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I got an error message, I think it was for the forcelink. And once, a long time ago, I got no error message. Could the lore items be not-lore or at least heirloom so we can move them out of our overseer char if we have no use for them?
    Rosyposy likes this.
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I had nothing lore from overseers on that alt
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

huh. That's weird. maybe something lore that you already had from something other than overseers? grasping at straws there.
    It only happened twice to me and always on Yava who got the instance unlock grant on her first overseer quest so I had a reason in my bags not to get anything.
  12. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I can confirm that the forcelink recipe gives a red message saying that we can't have another if we already have one
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I just got an empty bonus chest (\aITEM -215291780 -868460876:Overseer Bonus Reward Crate\/a) with no message. I have an instance lockout reset in my inventory, might be related
  14. The Martian Active Member

Well this is my 1st post to this forum, so go easy on me.

BUG 1) On my toon "Sardushka" nothing is showing up under overseer quests. (I would include a picture but it needs a url for that, and I can't , might edit it later to include it)

BUG 2) On my toon "Zaba" I have access to overseer quests, but I have not completed the "Welcome Overseer" achievement. I did it twice on another toon, I just can't remember which one.So it is something to be looked into.

That is all for now.. Thanks guys, and Thanks for all the help out there.
  15. The Martian Active Member

Well for Bug 1, at 1-AM pacific, the Quests, and overseers came back, but when I tried to start up a quest I received an Error "Failed to find minion system data for account of Sardushka" Just Keeping everybody Posted.
  16. The Martian Active Member

Latest Update. Logged in to "Sardushka" (on Test of course) at 7:00 am Pacific, and We are back to my Original Post. Everything is gone again :(
  17. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I must say that it never happened to me (and I never had a blank overseer page bug), on either of my accounts.

All my quests are showing fine right now.
    And I must say the changes have been great to increase my number of quests. I had 2/5/10 on one account and 1/5/10 on the other (fabled/legendary/treasured) now I have 3/10/14 on the first and 3/11/14 on the second one!

I got 2 more chests awarding things with no message, one right now and one yesterday. All chars had the instance reset. Could we make sure nothing is LORE or if it's lore to put it heirloom instead of no-trade? Or at least give a message?
  18. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

There are two different "awarding with no message" situations, too.

The first is no popup reward box, no sign of anything at all being awarded. Just ... nothing.

The second is the fact that adding new "adventures" to your lineup also gives no message. You DO have a popup blip by so you can see what you're getting, but there's no chat text or the like to reiterate it.
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Yes, but in that case you do have the pop-up with the overseer quest icon and the name in it (I just had one and yes, it's annoying not to have the quest broadcasted in a channel), you can always look back at your list and find the new one. The only time when it does broadcast is if an old quest was in your inventory and was replaced by the auto-scribbing one.
    What I got was 2 chests that never gave a chest reward at all: one was a bonus chest so I saw the 2 chests in the first pop-up, then just a pop-up for the first chest. The other quest gave a single chest reward and after seeing the "legendary overseer chest" pop-up I had nothing showing up at all.
    The third case with forcelinks shows the chest pop-up and then sends a chat message saying that you couldn't get the item because you already had it.
    Breanna likes this.
  20. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I saw both of these happen for the "utterly no reward" situation, yes. :(
    Breanna likes this.