Testing Overseer Changes

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Niami DenMother, Feb 6, 2020.

1. The Martian Active Member

Well everything is back to normal, since they updated it.
    Breanna and Niami DenMother like this.
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Still running into times when I have a 0% mishap chance and still end up with a mishap. Is the RNG math-impaired? :D

(Just happened with an event overseer quest that started with a base 5% mishap that I got down to 0%)
  3. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

This has been discussed at length in the general section. the bonus/mishap %s make no sense. I have no proof but I don't think the %s are base or they mean anything at all. I've gotten mishaps multiple times with 0% chance and over 40% chance for bonus.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

{nod} This is just confirming and reiterating that any fix to that issue is not part of the Overseer stuff on Test right now
    The Martian, Breanna and Zynt like this.
  5. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Just happened to me and I used up my lockout reset item yesterday . Just realized that this item is no-trade and lore, I thought it would auto-consume but it just gets a timer to be able to use it again. If the item doesn't auto-consume, why can we get it again? There should be some kind of check to ensure that we doesn't get it again.
    That is assuming it's the lockout reset timer I was supposed to get again.
    The Martian and Breanna like this.
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Tonight, two legendary overseer quests in a row with no reward popup from the chest, no reward, no message, etc.

Build 15235T
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Bludd Well-Known Member

it has 1/1 charges, if you use it, it has 0/1 charges and stays in your inventory for all eternity unless you destroy it. only after a week are you able to use it again, but it of course doesnt get a new charge so you need another item so back to destroying it and hoping (?) you get it as a new reward
    on live though
  8. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Once you use the item, you must manually destroy it in order to get again. It won't "recharge". This item seems to have multiple "buggy" things.

You have an unused charge, you probably won't see an empty chest (assuming it's working like on live).
    Once you use the item, you are at 0/0 charge, the item doesn't auto-remove. That probably should happen and it may be when empty chests start happening.

Until you manually remove the 0/0 charge item from inventory you won't get a replacement one.

summary? :D
    1/1 Charge item in inventory shouldn't be causing an empty chest to happen and maybe it is?
    0/0 Charge doesn't get removed and you can't get a new one until you manually remove. But you will start to see empty chest issue.

related note - Once the shinies (used ones) started showing up in overseer crates I no longer had any empty chests. It may be something completely different at play here.
    hope you make sense of post - it's early and no coffee yet
  9. The Martian Active Member

Okay Bug 1 has not re-occurred.

For Bug 2 . I cannot get the Overseer quest in the Bar of Brell because I don't have the "Welcome Overseer" achievement, and it says that I must have that before I can get it. (There should be a way to repeat the initial overseer quest, not just through "Claim").That being said I could bypass getting the quest in the bar by getting it with a qualified toon, and then starting it on "Zaba".

So I can't get the quest directly, but because of the way the overseer system works, I can get it on another toon, and start it on the blocked toon, so work around, but still a problem.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I have a bug opened in the Bug Report forum for this.

The reset baubles appear to come from the Treasured Overseer missions.
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

My 0/1 lockout timer ran it's course and as you said, it didn't recharge. I deleted it before gathering my completed chests and on the first one (legendary) I got another lockout reset.
    Breanna and Xianthia like this.
  12. Arcos Active Member

All they need to do is remove the Lore tag from the lockout timers and then there's no problem.
  13. The Martian Active Member

Well It happened to me as well.. No Lore Items on my Toon, and I got a regular Crate, and bonus Crate. When it opened I only received one Item.

So still happening. :(

And it was from the Regular Crate.

Least of all it should Flag that you could not claim the item from the crate, as you already have a lore item of the same. Then at least you would know the reason. Like they do when you are trying to harvest a chest.
    Breanna, Whilhelmina and Sigrdrifa like this.
  14. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

What she said
    The Martian and Breanna like this.
  15. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Well, just had another blank box with no message from a legendary mission, so still happening on Test.
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Breanna Well-Known Member

Still happening on live too. I had 2 empty chest this morning. Seems to be on the ones I get the bonus chest on but I need to investigate that further.
  17. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Sometimes it is the base chest (i.e., no reward at all), sometimes it is the bonus chest. Out of the 2 accounts, I ended up with three null rewards this morning. :(
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I move to make a motion to remove harvestable items (actual harvests, rares, and shadow rares, essence of chaos, and planar fragments) OFF of the mythical chests and bonus chests. I have 4 ten-hour quests, and for the last two weeks, these have been all I've gotten off them. I don't want something I can go get myself after waiting 10 darn hours. Please, get rid of the common stuff. It's disheartening and I'm sick of seeing harvests for every single reward I get.
    Elkana, Quillyne, Whilhelmina and 2 others like this.
  19. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Since the patch, I have gotten more empty crates than ever. I am averaging 2 empty crates each day rather than 1-2 in a week.
  20. kruall New Member

Folks you all are forgetting one thing. this is a game we all play.. maybe quit the complaining let the devs work and not have to listen to all the complaining. so bash the game and dev's all you want its not getting you anywhere.
    Breanna likes this.