Testing Overseer Changes

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Niami DenMother, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I figured it might be handy to have a master thread regarding testing the following changes:

OVERSEER SYSTEM
    • All adventures an account has acquired will be now be available each day.
    • Adventures are now color coded based on their tier.
    • A new filter has been added to display adventures by tier.
    • Overseer Quest items will now auto-scribe into your overseer quest inventory. Once your account has unlocked an overseer quest you will no longer be able to receive a duplicate of that quest.

Bentley101, Zynt, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Colors of the tiers, from lowest to highest:

Blue ("Treasured") - 0:30 to 2:00 in duration, basic Overseer Reward Crate
    Yellow ("Legendary") - 2:30 to 5:00? in duration, next tier of Overseer Reward Crate
    Purple ("Fabled") - 10:00 (not sure on any other durations), next tier of Overseer Reward Crate
    There's also a "Celestial" in the filter dropdown, but I have nothing that fits that category.

Red - Mishap, basic Overseer Reward Crate

All the "adventures" that my account has unlocked are showing as intended.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Cosmetic Issue on Overseer stuff in general, not specifically with these changes:

When I was on Test earlier, one of my completed quests was showing as "Owner: Niami (Test)", even though the owner was Niami (Maj'Dul).

Later, I logged onto MD to clear that adventure and start another in the Pirate line.

When I logged back onto Test, it was attributing things to Owner: ____ (Maj'Dul) for ones that were Owner: ____ (Test)

What "seems" to be happening is it remembers which server I last logged in on, and that's all it remembers. It gets the character name right if I am doing things across multiple characters for any reason, but it loses track of the server.

i.e., if I log into Test two times in a row, the second login will say all the owners are on Test. If I log onto Test then Live, it still says all the owners are on Test, even when they are not. If I log onto Live, then log into Test, all the owners are listed as being on Maj'Dul, even though there's only one Maj'Dul baby and the rest are Test ... and so on.

Again, though, this is cosmetic. All proper owners of each adventure are able to complete the adventures that they started, it is "just" cosmetic server confusion in the display.
    Gerak, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

(So far) the only adventures I've been given have been new-to-me ones(that properly autoscribed). I'll keep poking as this next batch of adventures finishes up and I can start another chunk.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Oh, my, it's so nice to see everything!
    And now I finally know what I have (2 purple-fabled 2h, 5 yellow legendary 2h30-5h and 11 blue that were clogging my list, 1/5/10 on other account)

I got a quest that I already had from a quest launched before the patch and it properly autoscribed (or autodeleted) which is really awesome. At least it won't clog up my inventory anymore.

We might need a filter by "completed" so we can see directly what is done (like the one for agents) and complete them all at once.

If you could change the trait icons to the ones suggested by Sigrdrifa, that would be awesome (aka Overseer Agent Trait Icons Usabillity )
    Cyrrena, Quillyne and Breanna like this.
  6. Karamella Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for your hard work, DenMum. It can't be valued high enough.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Niami DenMother like this.
  7. CSP84 Well-Known Member

One question out of curiosity , will all the quests that player didn't unpack also auto - scribe? I have 1 quest about 6-8 times in my bank.
    Thanks in advance.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

It IS very easy to miss one that is completed with the longer, larger lists. Having them auto-pop to the top of the list would be nice.

While I'm slowly becoming accustomed to the new trait icons, they are still rough on old eyes, as per the post linked above and my in-game /feedback the first day the icons hit Test. Too many dark ones or poorly defined ones when they are shrunk to such a small size. They may seem reasonable when you're looking through a normal icon list, but those smaller trait icons make them harder to differentiate.
    Sigrdrifa, Cyrrena, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  9. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I think so, I had a message flash over about Lady Larvale or something being outdated and removed on another char, it might have been it. But I didn't run overseers on other chars since right after launch so I'm not sure.

Ah, yes, that would be a nice idea too. Any of the ideas (sort by completed or put completed on top) would be fine, as long as we have a way to find completed stuff without browsing every line.
    I had 6 quests running before patch, mix of yellow and blue and it was a bit annoying to sort through the now-long list to find what I had to complete.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Xianthia like this.
  10. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I had Lady Larvae message today. Logged in to check out the overseer page and on login got the popup window about it being outdated and being removed. I couldn't remember, but was pretty sure I had an unopened quest in my bags.

The clicking at top to sort would be awesome.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  11. Gerak Well-Known Member

I have noticed this when bouncing back and forth between Test and live. I have noticed that it does NOT happen when bouncing between Live servers like MD to AB to MD … under these events it lists the proper server. I was wondering if Test being a different Region could have something to do with the untoward output.
    Cyrrena, Niami DenMother and Breanna like this.
  12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

That is entirely possible. I have pretty much mothballed my huge AB horde to be on Test with a stray FG transfer over to MD that gets some minimal random attention, so hadn't checked the same-region different-server thing yet.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  13. Bunji Developer

Adding "Completed" to the adventure filter.
    Cyrrena, Xianthia, Carizia and 3 others like this.
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Thanks much! It isn't much of an issue on the one account, but the other account has a metric boat-ton of missions/adventures to wade through to find the finished ones. <3
    Cyrrena, Carizia and Breanna like this.
  15. Bunji Developer

Looking into the server name weirdness.
    Cyrrena, Carizia, Gerak and 2 others like this.
  16. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Could it be acceptable to take a look at overseers rewards, especially the fact that recipes are tiered behind the type of box?

Grabbing from the list I did we have:
    Advanced books:
    • #11-15: overseer common chest, adventure chest (Empyral Mission Reward Crate V2)
    • #16-20: overseer bonus legendary chest (from common mission), adventure chest (Empyral Mission Reward Crate V2)
    Empyral/Shadowed books:
    • #11-12 : overseer legendary chest (and empyral white adorns and nails)
    • #13-14 : overseer bonus fabled chest (from yellow quest) (+ red/blue adorns)
    • #15-16 : overseer fabled chest (+ mount gear)
    • #17-20 : overseer bonus mythical chest (purple quest) (+ sambata mount gear)
    As for the removed quests, I got a message on a quest I already had in inventory and grabbed a screenie this time:
    [IMG]
    It got replaced by an autoscribing version of the quest \aITEM -101422604 405843910 0 0 0:[Overseer Quest: Rob the Fool's Gold Tavern]\/a
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Quillyne like this.
  17. Playz4fun Active Member

Just wanted to pipe up that I love the different color titles for the levels of the quests, and being able to scroll to see all the available quests. Thank you!
    Cyrrena likes this.
  18. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Filtering by completed works fine after patch (build 15220T).

I forgot to say that I love the "completed" being written in red if the quest was completed on another char (not sure it was the case, I don't usually run overseers on several chars)
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

It was the case before this {nods}

Now that I'm back from yet another dr's visit, I'll come poke a bit more at these today on both accounts.
    Breanna likes this.
  20. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I haven't managed to run into any more missions/adventures being rewarded at all yet, so I can't test that, though not for lack of trying!

On the plus side, I just got the server disco on Test for Shadow Sage Studies 11, so at least there is now 1 single copy on the entire server. :O
    Breanna and Xianthia like this.