Fervor : Where to get It if you missed CD xpac?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Disrption, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Drona Well-Known Member

Do all heroics zones in CD once (about 12 zones and easy version will do) and you get below. Its an achievement reward and it will also give you a barding unlocker for the mount.
    Celestial Rune of Mysteries - 55 Fervor
    https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Celestial_Rune_of_Mysteries_(Achievement_Reward)

FYI - this is the raid version for killing all t1 raid names.
    Celestial Rune of Greater Mysteries - 70 Fervor
    https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Celestial_Rune_of_Greater_Mysteries_(Achievement_Reward)
  2. Thornfinger Member

Noob question when you say you just need to enter Kael for the free 35 one. Could you be a little more specific? As in what part of Kael?
  3. Drona Well-Known Member

I hope this is the right map. You start at the entrance and you need to make your way to hypogeum. The merchant is there. You will need some plat and 2 million status (?). The mobs on the way can be nasty even at 120 so better get a friend. It will take you about 10 minutes to get there. Best even is to ask monk to run there (they can just fd thier way) and then summon you via Call of Veteran. Max 5 minutes!

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Kael_Drakkel?file=Kael.Drakkel.Contested.Map.png
    Tangris likes this.
  4. Thornfinger Member

Thanks very much!

5. Laita Well-Known Member

Just ran to this merchant... "Emma Stormeyes"/… lots of red adorns for sale, but the mentioned Ragefire adorn isn't there... so there's either a hidden flag we need to do, they removed it, or I'm at the wrong damn merchant, lol... any ideas?
  6. Drona Well-Known Member

Hmm i think you are in the wrong Kael. How did you zone in? There is the old Kael and new Fabled Kael which you zone in from myrist the great library. You wan the fabled kael i.e. new one.
  7. Laita Well-Known Member

I ran all the way thru the eastern wastes, lol... but yeah, was in the regular Kael, about to zone into fabled now...
  8. Elkana Active Member

I'm sorry for my previous post. It seems like it was very hard to understand for many people, and that it was very snobbish of me. Honestly, for anyone who has not logged in say over the last two Xpacs should be granted all updated Runes and have those in their inventory overflow. I mean, it's like in the real world. When at my job I've worked for years and years to get my raises and promotions and some new person shows up, he SHOULD be on my level. Because, it's the same.
    Listen, in this game or in the real world. If you want something stop sitting around crying about it and go get it sucka.
    For this post, I do not apologize.
  9. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Where were you when players were pointing out the flaws in old content and saying it should be fixed...
    only to be shouted down by other players because old content was "irrelevant" and the dev's shouldn't spend time on it?
  10. Gnomfu Active Member

You missed the mark on you analogy. This is about being out of the work force for years and finally getting a new job. They give you a pay, a work place, and you will need to work there for awhile before you get benefits. BUT you don't get a desk and chair, not even a folding TV tray with a milk crate to sit on. You have to go find a lesser job and get a desk and chair there and bring it to the new office so you can work at doing your current job. No one is asking for a big shiny desk like the raider boss has, but instead having something to start with. I wouldn't care if the starting blue runes in this expansion were worse than crafted ones from previous expansions. The complaint is there are NO blue adorns available at the start even though i get level 111+ gear with that adorn slot. People have been getting reds from rewards, solo instances, crafting books in BoL, but still no blue runes.
    Whatever999, Semperfifofum and Laita like this.
  11. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

You have a lot of memes like "handed to them on a silver platter" while also dismissing your own statements. You were the one who said that tourist MMOs have a larger playerbase. You then said you just prefer to have this game be different. And then you said you don't like pay to win. All of these things don't work together. Either you accept pay to win and casual unfriendly. Or you allow some tourist capability (as I said it could be a matter of degrees), and reduce pay to win to gain a higher casual playerbase. You can't have it both ways. (Another meme, we all do it, eh?)

Every time you sigh because you HAVE TO buy the premium or your potency will be low, it's because the tourists are elsewhere. Every time you sigh because you HAVE TO pay for a spell upgrade, ditto. Every time you sigh because you HAVE TO upgrade your new mount which you HAD TO buy, it's because the tourists are somewhere else in a game where they can only buy cosmetics because that's all they need.

There's no need to make EQ2 quite to that extreme. But making casual play easier would bring people back who love the game and will stay for a couple of expacs if they are welcomed. Right now, they are not welcomed.
    Crock, Whatever999, Kryzia and 2 others like this.
  12. Raff Well-Known Member

Ask in chat first. A lot of people keep an alt parked at the vendor.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  13. Shunty New Member

Just wanted say thanks, I know I was snarky Drona but you gave good advice.

It would appear that the Kael Drakkel and CD heroic blue runes are quite easy to obtain granting 35 and 55 fervor which would help tremendously.
  14. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Exactly.

Where are the halfway decent adorn recipes? The 50% stun resist instead of 100%? The 25 Fervor instead of 40? The recipe for a full set of nerfed Zou Kunnen red adorns you can wear while waititng for the good ones to drop? Give the casuals something to achieve, something to find, something to do. Besides mind numbing repetition of solos and begging for heroics where they will be carried. And even if they are, they will still be missing anything that carries from CD.

Honestly, I have no problem with the "doing the previous expac" thing. But while I'm doing that, I'm not seeking exquisite chests in solos, nor am I in a heroic.

I would simply work on getting things SLR, while doing CD, but the plat requirements are getting absurd. Especially since it's no longer optional to infuse everything, even starter gear.

All of these competing interests are adding up to severely slow casual grouping.

To give a real analogy. Anyone remember Skyshrine? You could stand there until you got a group, even in quested gear. You got carried until you got 3-6 upgrades, then you were relevant. Stuff dropped to make the sparkly crafted items (which I think are analogs to the shadowed gear, but they were worth making), but the Deshniak gear wasn't required to be relevant in Skyshrine. Also if you were good at interrupting, you could wear blah gear and still really help the group. Skill mattered.

But if you wanted to raid in skyshrine, it was a whole new ballgame. Also PoW was out at the same time. The big step was from heroic to raid. Now the big step is from quester to heroic.

I think it's relevant to ask whether that's a good idea.
  15. Drona Well-Known Member

BoL is already easy for returning player. You can easily get 3 good blue runes right now and thats all you need. It takes few hours to get the 3 good blue runes. 1 blue rune is free, 1 blue rune from BoL content and 1 blue rune for CD content. If they make it anything more easier than this, its tantamount complete reset of previous progression.

And I agree that EQ2 has few players so we have to pay more to keep the game going. I am more than happy to pay more for the game I enjoy. The complaint about P2W and paying more are not the same thing. I don't like the gambling nature of the P2W elements, I have no problems with the premium expansion etc. heck, I will even pay more in monthly subscription if they ask for it.
  16. Drona Well-Known Member

I started this expansion with just 1 red rune but each gear had red slot so thats 21 slots. I think I now have total of 4 red runes.

You start the expansion with 3 blue rune slots, 1 blue rune is "free", you need to goto merchant. You can get 1 blue rune from playing BoLs so you can very easily get 66% of blue runes at the start of expansion. So why is the complaint? It sounds to me like you are asking for full pay as the guy who is working already!
  17. Shady1 Member

Just tell new players to go to TLE servers.

These elitist, weird, anti-everything that exists, players that hate everyone that isn't full-time massaging the pleasure parts of Daybreak Games, will always poop on every single person who has a tough time, because they have been living in their mother's basement for the past 20 years, doing nothing with their lives besides play EQ2.

We get it, you guys "love" everything about DBG and every single thing they ever do is the right thing. People have no right to complain. New players shouldn't have a good time playing live because it's all built for you select few freaking nut jobs.

Send them to TLE Progression servers. They probably wouldn't fit into your weird cult anyways.
    You're never going to be able to convince people to jump through all of these hoops. You probably assume that when they stop posting it's because they completed all these inane irrelevant steps and are now "enjoying" it like the rest of you, but nope.

THEY QUIT.

So if you have any sense of decency in you, don't even waste your energy trying to help people understand all the random bs DBG has created in this abomination we call "Live". Just tell them to go to Progression servers. Where stuff makes sense. Where there are actual helpful people around. Where you can actually enjoy the game and it doesn't cost a significant monetary investment just to even step in the front door.
  18. Raff Well-Known Member

Oh please...the drama. Generalize much?

Actually it is the other way around. EQ2 has a very mature player base. Compared to a lot of the new games out there. If we are not already retired, then most of us have jobs & families. The "living in yur Mom's basement" shtick doesn't really hold much water here. I think the youngest player I know is in their mid 30's...not counting those players whose kids we sometimes group with.

Which is probably why so many of us have so little patience with the " I want all that you worked for in the last 2 expacs to be included free in this expac" crowd that seems to haunt the forum boards at beginning of every single expac.
  19. Gnomfu Active Member

See i agree with you and past expansion raid level gear vs new character being weaker. But you are agreeing with me even if you won't admit it. "I now have total of 4 red runes" - i as well started with fewer red runes and have gotten more since playing BOL (not past expansion). I have a recipe to make them, I have solo instances that drop them, I have had 4 upgrades to my ability mop white adorns offered to me.

The WHOLE point of the issue is : There is no place to get blue runes in BOL (that's been found yet). I have 3 monks to 120 and a 4th at 110 ready to start. I've done a few PQ, sig line on 3 and tradeskill almost on 2. I've done overseer quests, weekly and daily quests, bought numerous stats merchant chest (still no prov advanced book) and no where have i seen a blue rune. At one point they changed an achievement that offered red to give blue, but i believe that was a mistake.

No blue adorns in BOL yet??????????
  20. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

I have 4 blue runes in my recipe book. They all level 120. Not sure where did I get it and not sure where to get the components that I need to create these runes, but I am not worrying much, I will make it one day or find some other blue runes.
    Drona likes this.