The lack of expert spells.

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Ayumu, Jan 1, 2020.

1. SynnikuL Active Member

Most of the old spells are higher DPS and healing numbers, but a lot of them say "resistability increases on creatures higher than 119" so that's what had me thinking I might need to upgrade.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You kinda have to decide whether you are getting resisted a lot or no.

With Shadowed Rares being what they are (a hot mess!) getting Experts made is a booger, and the book drops are really rare also, which just makes it worse. I actually suspect that it's going to be easier to get masters this expansion than Experts.
    SynnikuL and chattie like this.
  3. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Ok, I have a problem.
    I was looking at overseers reward crates.
    Treasured gives advanced 11-15
    Legendary gives the empyral 11-12 + empyral nails and stuff like that
    Fabled gives the empyral 13-14 + other empyral adorns
    how the heck are we supposed to get our full set of expert recipes?
    Alenna likes this.
  4. Alenna Well-Known Member

they dont' expect you to they wnat the adventures to pay cash to get their spells and CAs upgraded.
    Tkia and SynnikuL like this.
  5. Arcos Active Member

I've had a lvl 18 Sage and lvl 20 Jeweller and Woodworker books so far from overseer missions, so may just be the RNG fairy at work.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

All of the Advanced X Studies 11-20, Ancient Empyral Teachings Volume I-X, and Empyral Grandmaster Recipes Volume I-X are in \aITEM -234909864 -769348407:Empyral Mission Reward Crate\/a
  7. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Ah, I see that regular chests and bonus chests are not the same for Overseers
    Treasured chest : \aITEM -1469539687 -1338959770 0 0 0:[Overseer Reward Crate]\/a (111 to 115 advanced)
    Legendary chest: \aITEM -2118122963 -1338959770 0 0 0:[Overseer Reward Crate]\/a (empyral 12-13 + white adorns and red runes)

Legendary bonus chest: \aITEM 742693195 -868460876 0 0 0:[Overseer Bonus Reward Crate]\/a (116 to 120 advanced)
    Fabled bonus chest: \aITEM -215291780 -868460876 0 0 0:[Overseer Bonus Reward Crate]\/a (empyral 13-14 + red runes)

Empyral mission is on the adventuring side, right? I'm starting to get lost in all those chests.
    \aITEM -234909864 -769348407 0 0 0:[Empyral Mission Reward Crate]\/a (111-120 advanced, advanced adorn and saddles, awakened abilities (why is that in the chest???) grandmaster and ancient recipes)
  8. chattie Well-Known Member

There were WAY too many changes in this expansion and for the most part.....well I wont go there :p
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Me, too. I'm trying to figure out which exact crates drop where and flesh out the loot tables for each on the wiki, but I have to be in-game to look at the aLinks, and standing there AFK while I transcribe... And it's a challenge to determine when each specific version of a given type of loot crate is awarded for what quest/mission/etc.
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Ayumu Member

Shadow harvesting is now more busted than it was. This is worse, not better.
    Bludd, Mermut and Obano like this.
  11. The-Plethora Active Member

I'm an Antonia Bayle, I bought 1 rare Shadowed jumping creeper off the broker last night to use the one rare sage book I have to make Flames of Velious Expert. I was amazed to see that I got a server wide discovery on it, really?

Also if you play the game and don't craft but you do harvest am I right in thinking that the only way you could get the materials for your spells is to buy them off the broker from someone else? Previously as long as your harvesting was of high enough tier you could harvest the rares and give them to a crafter but now you are out of luck?
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

It's worse, you're only the 4th to discover this expert and last two were the day before:
    https://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/3044110510
    Unknown Maj'Dul Dec 29, 2019 @ 4:24:05 am
    Copyma Thurgadin Jan 5, 2020 @ 4:22:49 pm
    Unknown Isle of Refuge Jan 5, 2020 @ 8:51:36 pm
    Unknown Antonia Bayle Jan 6, 2020 @ 11:48:29 pm

And you're correct, if you don't craft, you can't run the TS timeline and if you can't run the TS timeline, you can't have the staff.

But if you TS and don't adventure, you can only hope to get enough legendary bonus crates on the overseer system (quests from 1h and 1h30 give treasured and bonus legendary) to get your full set of regular advanced and I think you can't get a full set of empyral books even with tons of luck, especially with those quests being limited to 6 available (none of my big quests are available today). 2h30 quests give legendary and bonus fabled
    Breanna, Argosunited and Mermut like this.
  13. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

so the actual books to make the experts are only dropping from overseer rewards? i have all the overseer agents and i haven't been able to get the bonus chance (or whatever it's called) over like 25% for individual missions. I want to say there was 1 or 2 times i had a 35% bonus chance. Is there a way to get them higher?
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

Overseer rewards and instanced PQs. That's it.
    The 1 and 1.5 overseer chests (aka the treasure ones) do NOT have a chance at the books. So the majority of the overseer quest have no chance.
    ConcealFate likes this.
  15. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I don't quite understand what is meant by "treasure overseer chests", but I did get an advanced alchemist book from an overseer quest that was one of the two starting quests, using one of the starting (no traits) agents.
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Can a Sage with please see if you have Grasping Bones VII adept recipe? It's level 114 but it's not in the Studies 14 book.
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

sorry, treasured.. dern typo demon
    If you click the gray rectangle/chest to the right of the overseer mission, it shows you the 'loot chest' it gives.
    The bluish ones are treasured.. and don't have the recipe books in them
    Rhodris likes this.
  18. Caela Well-Known Member

I got a shadowed sage 20 book somehow (along with a few other lower levels)... now I'm wondering how I got it. I do my 10 overseers every day, I have done like 3 public quests (I should do more), and I do the research quests when I think about it. I don't do heroic or solo instances.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There are 12 different Overseer Reward Crates, which include Treasured, Legendary, Fabled, Celestial, and Mythical crates (the last three seem to be identical, I dunno...). I have documented what's on the loot table for each, and the Overseer Feature tutorial on the wiki has the start of me mapping out which exact Missions give what exact Crate rewards.

The Overseer Bonus Reward Crates (9 of those) also come in several varieties (loot tables are documented), and as far as I have been able to learn, if you do get a bonus, that crate is one tier higher than the regular reward crate. I haven't even begun to figure out if there is some regular pattern of which missions get what bonus crates (yet).

You can also get books in at least one of the Empyral Mission Reward Crates (of which there are 11). I have only just started documenting the contents of these crates for the wiki.
    Breanna, Lateana, Zynt and 3 others like this.
  20. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

wow, you did an amazing job, thank you so much.

So you need the mythical or celestial chests to get empyral 14-16, but it still doesn't account for the 17-20 empyrals. I loathe this system.
    Breanna, Lateana, Zynt and 6 others like this.