The lack of expert spells.

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Ayumu, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

Except you're still limited to 10 per day per account.. so clearing mission timers only helps if you're lucky enough to get something besides the 1 and 1.5 hr missions. And most of the time, I'm lucky if I see even 2 that aren't 1 to 1.5 hrs
  2. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Bleh. Im my example above, i neglected to include one ts class, which make likelihoods a little worse. I also assumed bonus chests always dropped a book.

But I failed to account for the roll just the get an eligible quest in the first place. If it's 20%, that pushes the liklihood of a successful outcome so absurdly far to the right of the decimal point as to make the entire effort laughable.

Given all this, and given the quest limit, the idea of making the gear-making books trash loot is way beyond puzzling.
    Tkia and Mermut like this.
  3. Gnomfu Active Member

And you need to be lucky to get higher ranked missions as rewards to add them to your pool. Plus I have 1 agent that matches 2 traits on a 3 trait mission and every other quest / agent is 1 trait match regardless if it's a 1,2,3 or 4 trait mission.
    So your chances of getting books has even more RNG factors involved and if you can't get longer mission that offer higher tier chests to get higher tier books your chances are 0%
  4. Avithax Well-Known Member

I'm intentionally creating Mishaps when possible with my celestial overseers because the missions you get to correct the mishap seems to have decent rewards.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The Mishap missions all reward the exact same crate that 1 hour Treasured Missions do:
    \aITEM 828492579 -1338959770 0 0 0:[Overseer Reward Crate]\/a

If you get a bonus on a Mishap, it's this one, also the same as getting a bonus on a 1-hour Treasured Mission:
    \aITEM 497845206 -868460876 0 0 0:[Overseer Bonus Reward Crate]\/a
  6. Caela Well-Known Member

From a casual observation (not based on actual numbers, just what I "feel") I get maybe 1 book every day or two. And usually not the class I need (I need sage and Provisioner). Almost all have been advance books - which are not worth the paper they are written on.

I've done my 10 overseer quests every single day since the xpac launched - hubby and I both do.

1 Empyral jeweler studies 12
    1 Empyral Armorer Studies 11
    1 Empyral Tailor Studies 11
    1 Shadow Sage Studies 11

That's between 2 accounts doing 10 quests each every day.
    Tabri, Sigrdrifa and Zynt like this.
  7. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I've gotten Shadow Alchy 16 - My main is a monk of course
    Empyral Jeweler 15
    Shadow Sage 19 (WW disco)

Various WW, tailor, WS, and AS Empyral which are worth less than advanced books.

All of those shadowed/empyral were from Overseer missions. Some of the advanced books were from solo instance loot, overseer, etc.. I still haven't gotten anything but infusers and 150 resolve gear from PQs and the lotto crate. I just want my provy book.
    Argosunited likes this.
  8. Arcos Active Member

Three books so far doing 10 quests a day split over two alts who have most agents.
    Empyral Tailor 12
    Shadow Sage 12
    Empyral Jeweler 20
    But no experts books for at least the last week
  9. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Got a tailor and a weaponsmith. Couple of useless runes (nail of experimentation ^^). No spell at all. It sucks. Big time. (this was me trying to be gracious about it instead of shouting a bunch of expletives)
    Tabri, Zynt, Sigrdrifa and 1 other person like this.
  10. Argosunited Well-Known Member

The only Shadow books I have on my Sage are the two I've bought on the broker.
    My Alchie and Jeweler have none.
    Tabri, Zynt and Sigrdrifa like this.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I finally scored the provisioner book. What I keep getting are carpenter and woodworker... I have at least one of every type of crafter, but I'm just socking the duplicates into the Guildhall Book Depot.
  12. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I scored my provy book today too. From the broker. I also stimulated the EQ2 economy by making someone a million plat more solvent. A million plat really isn't that much at this point and now I can quit obsessing over it. All I got from my 10 hour missions today were common shineys (this is so damn stupid), infusers (Also stupid for a 10 hour mission), and planar fragments (I'm just gonna leave this alone cause I'll get banned.).

I also got another Essence of Chaos (Mouth shut, too old to go to jail.)
  13. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I'm swearing with you.
    Rhodris and Whilhelmina like this.
  14. Balcerak Well-Known Member

My tradeskill expert books have mostly been gifted to guild members. My main crafters are an armorsmith and a woodworker so no big loss as the new books do little for them. I do see the expert books selling for a lot on the broker, but by doing a lot of solos and overseer quests I've gotten a number of these to drop too. I think I've gifted 4 books (a mix of experts and shadowed) and have some duplicates left, I sold one tailoring one on the broker since no one wanted it and I have a lot of the non-spell type books just from solos and mostly overseer quests.
  15. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Okay, the recipes are funky. Its like the recipe "remembers" what the main ingredient USED to be.
    If one were to fail a scout expert, all you would get returned is a Humming Sapphire Gem. (all previous scout experts required the rare gem but BoL experts require NO gem).
    Arcos and Argosunited like this.
  16. Tabri Well-Known Member

My sage has two expert books one I got from overseer's(before they changed it to now trash apparently) and one given by someone in guild. Our entire guild has a total of only 5 sage books in all I am not even sure if the 120 sage book has even been discoed yet on our server from anyone. My provisioner has zero books, my woodworker has zero books, my jeweler has zero books. The only books I have gotten are tailor expert books which I gave to our guild tailor, this doesnt help anyone in guild really unless someone wants uncommon lunar mats or something.