The lack of expert spells.

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Ayumu, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Thanks for the clarification, Mermut. All the crates I have received so far all look identical to me and I never thought to click on a grey square as I thought those were inactive spaces. I will have a look next time I'm in game (if I remember - with their long cool-downs, I do tend to forget about them).
    Breanna, Argosunited and Zynt like this.
  2. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Which crates drop the Provy books? I've looked through all my rewards on the Overseer UI and I do not see those anywhere. I very well could have missed them, but I have yet to receive an advanced Provisioner book and I've received at least one or two of all of the others and two Shadowed Alchy books.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

There is only a single advanced provi book.
    Breanna and Zynt like this.
  4. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I still haven't seen it in any of the crates. I guess I'll backtrack if it's on the Wiki. Appreciate it.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

I got one from an instanced PQ
    Sigrdrifa and Zynt like this.
  6. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I figured that would be the case. Stupid provy and those delicious snacks.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  7. Bludd Well-Known Member

it's also named the same as the CD advanced provi book which is annoying
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  8. Alenna Well-Known Member

if you look at teh advanced studies you will find that they are recipes for adept spells and combat arts not expert DBC in order to get people to pay daybreak cash at market place for reseaching changed how the crafting works for such things. and the armor no longer is a good way to get from solo to herioc they are weaker then waht you get in solo zones.
  9. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I discoed every single level 119 caster spell expert on HoF 2 nights ago and am still the only person with any on the broker. I discoed the book 2 days after release and decided to level my sage.
  10. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I still don't have any expert spell books on my sage.
    I think I have nearly all the adept spell books.

I'm still looking for a spell that's level 114. Necromancer spell Grasping Bones VII. I think it's been missed unless it's in the wrong book, somewhere.
    Can you please see if you have a recipe for it? I feel like I'm going mad.
  11. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Yes, I know - that wasn't the query.
  12. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I don't have a version of Grasping Bones after VI, which is level 82. I have all of the essential sage books.

Also, so so many of the 111-120 spells, if any of them at all, did not get a Roman numeral classification.
  13. Arclite Well-Known Member

Completely agree with the OP.

It feels very much like a deliberate ploy to force players into paying for the upgrades. First they did away with Master drop rates and now they have made experts rarer. Combined with the "ancient" drop rates of "Ancients", this is a full express train to microtransaction heaven.

The funny thing is that for some spells you only see a major bump at celestial level and to get there you need to make the stops atleast at the Master level (to get the GM). Clever!

The game has fast caught up to the mobile games model...and think have gone up a notch in this expansion in other areas.
    Tkia and Rhodris like this.
  14. Gnomfu Active Member

The Provy book shows in the status merchant chest in the blinding. You need the marks from daily / weekly adventures.
    Think its 87 marks, 470K status and Plat. You can buy it once every 5 hours. I've not checked enough to see the actual daily / weekly quest chest can also drop that provy book.
  15. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Looks like it's missing then. Thanks for checking.
  16. Bludd Well-Known Member

at least for alchy they do get numerals when they are crafted but recipe doesnt have numeral only name, quality and level
  17. Avithax Well-Known Member

The most sad part of this thread is that it is falling on deaf ears. For DB there is a certain amount of cash shoppe sales for spells that is expected in order to maintain the profit margin. A good part of that revenue is from players who buy spell upgrades. If they all of a sudden made the resources available to earn upgrades in the game then they would not meet their goals.

I have absolutely no doubt that DB would sunset EQ2 overnight if it became a liability so with the dwindling population all we can do is wait longer for their bottom line to be met if we want Norrath to continue to exist.
    Lateana and Rhodris like this.
  18. Argosunited Well-Known Member

The saddest part of this to me is the best way to get these books is from Overseer missions. I'm still waiting for Overseer stuff to be added to the Marketplace.
    Lateana likes this.
  19. Caela Well-Known Member

I feel so cheated. I finally get a fabled overseer crate that might contain Shadow Sage 13 or 14... And you know what I get? Rosamond! For the 4th time! She's not even fabled... she's legendary. And I already have her!

Why are these books gated behind such a game of chance that we have no control over?
    Lateana likes this.
  20. Argosunited Well-Known Member

So we buy the upgrades.
    I personally think they'll lose more than they gain with this stupid change.
    Lateana, Tkia, Rhodris and 1 other person like this.