The lack of expert spells.

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Ayumu, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

No need. The Agents and Missions are all included in pretty much all the crate loot tables.
  2. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I don't know whether that makes me want to laugh or cry.
  3. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

It's already tied to DBC. Just like anything else you can use DBC to reset the timer on the Overseers. Now that I've got 3 fabled and a handful of legendary overseers there's for sure a reason to wait around until one of them resets before running a mission. If the provy advanced book dropped from one of those crates I'd probably use the option to purchase a reset.
  4. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I got my Advanced Provisioner book from the Overseer crates.
  5. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Advanced provi seems to be missing from most overseer chests, they should be in the bonus legendary chests along with the other 16-20 books but I don't see them in any of the listed known rewards on the wiki.
    Please, take a second if you have unlisted quests to grab the link of the reward chest (and bonus chest if you get one) and add it to the page: https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Overseer_Feature
    Tangris likes this.
  6. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

So, basically, they've figured out how to make the crafting game a p2w loot box reward: crafting books drop in mission crates -> DBC to reset overseer missions.

Sad.
    Lateana and Rhodris like this.
  7. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I don't even see the recipe books listed in the rewards for the Overseer missions now. That could be a bug because I got rewards from one of my missions that weren't listed as the mythical box for a 10 hour mission only listed one reward, a ring, but I got potions and powerlinks and got a mount gear recipe book from one of the other boxes and it wasn't listed as a reward either. Basically, at least for me, the only rewards showing for the boxes are gear.
  8. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

I know you mentioned you can't see crafting books in the rewards atm, but I'm curious.....Have these recipes been smart loot (relevant to the toon sending the mission)?
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

They are not smart loot. People would kvetch because "ALTS!!"

The wiki has most of the loot crates detailed, you can see the whole list of what's in 'em fairly easily. Thing is, is that there is a metric butt load of stiff in the loot tables for each box, and I'd be willing to bet that the items in the box have percentage rates attached so that some are more common than others (infusers!)

OTOH, sending out the Overseers isn't an onerous task, unless you have ten zillion separate accounts. So you might as well send them in case you do get a great RNG roll.
    Lateana, Breanna and Gillymann like this.
  10. Caela Well-Known Member

Something has definitely changed with the reward crates. Instead of listing out all the possible rewards, my legendary crate for doing Find the Golden Idol of the Draftling just says "You think there might be something hidden inside...". Actual reward was A Dark Ceremony quest - something I've gotten several times, and can't use more than 1 of.

I also got a Fabled Overseer Bonus Reward Crate, and it has only a list of 4 possible jewelry/belt items with 155 resolve - but actual reward was a useless this xpac Essence of Chaos. So I didn't even get one of the possible rewards.

So, that was a bust.....

I can only see Treasured crates - there are no books listed, Just `40 and 150 resolve gear, an instance lockout timer, potions and infusers.
    Argosunited and Zynt like this.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There are a couple of the crates that don't show their contents when examined.
  12. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Things have changed. No books as rewards. I got a standard The Blinding shiny from a reward crate. Not one of the artifacts of 'this place' a damn rockhopper claw. I'm getting rewards that are not listed. Crates that used to show rewards have the, "You think there might be something hidden inside..." as was mentioned above. They **** up the crates either on purpose or accidentally..
    Argosunited likes this.
  13. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Mythical crates shouldn't be rewarding 150 resolve gear. It's dumb. Same as spending 87 coins, 175k status, and 420 plat shouldn't be rewarding infusers and gear I wouldn't put on my alts.
    NrthnStar5 and Argosunited like this.
  14. Argosunited Well-Known Member

This morning I logged in to check my completed Overseer missions, and I got a few crappy collection pcs that I probably have a dozen or more of in my shiny depot.
    I can't remember the last time I received a tradeskill book from them. It's honestly pathetic that this is one of the only ways to get RECIPE BOOKS.
    Tkia and Zynt like this.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

The 'treasured' overseer mission crates (1 and 1.5 hour missions that clutter our small quest list) have ZERO chance at shadow/emphyral recipe books.
  16. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Someone confirmed in another thread that the advanced books are still dropping but not listed as rewards.
    Rhodris likes this.
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

Not shadowed or emphyral though.. ie the ones with experts.
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Ok, so basically advanced books now provide adept recipies. They're included in overseer reward loot tables, but you can't see them.

Expert recipies are not dropping. In addition, these crates contain mostly useless loot.

Whether this was intended or accidental, it's another really bad look for DBG.
    Sigrdrifa, Tkia, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  19. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

You can get empyral from legendary and up regular chests (fabled+ bonus chests). You never get some from treasured chests or bonus legendary (aka, what give every 1h-2h overseers quests and 6h misshap). Advanced 15-20 are in the BONUS chest legendary table.
    Empyral 11-12 are in the legendary regular chests (2:30 mission). 13-14 can be obtained through the bonus fabled chests of those missions. You need fabled quests to get above empyral 14.
    Gillymann likes this.
  20. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Ahh. So that's why people aren't seeing them - they're stashed in bonus chests. In short:

#11-12: legendary regular chest.
    #13-14: bonus chest (fabled) to regular legendary (and up) quest.
    #15-20: regular bonus chest to fabled quests.

So, you've got two rng outcomes to navigate: the roll on whether a bonus chest appears in the first place, and then a roll on what recipe book shows up.

So....just for grins and giggles. Assuming a robust 25% chance to get a regular bonus chest, and assuming 40 possible recipe books, that's a probability = .00625% (25% (x) 2.5%) to get a specific book. If you're after one of the fabled ones, let's say, a 5% chance to roll a fabled chest, then you're looking at 6.25% (x) 5% = 0.003125%.

Obviously, I have no idea what their check values are, nor do I know how they have engineered the mechanics of the roll, but even at a very base level of assumption, or even taking the specific books out and banking on broker inventory, the odds are not very inspiring unless you love using DBC to clear your mission timers or pay directly for spell upgrades.