Mass Mail

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Haterkham, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Dude Well-Known Member

I would buy it if the items were one per character.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And that was one of their biggest errors. Maybe pare down the package a tad, if they were leery about these things being "widespread" (or, I dunno, make them No-Trade...), but why limit their chance to make more money on this?? :confused:

(And to think, I've never been to business school, even... ;->)

Uwk
    Dude and Prissetta like this.
  3. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

I'd be happy if they could just limit these mass mailings to once per account, not every single toon. I still log into old alts finding multiple polls, which is annoying enough, but being directed to a browser add over and over and over was annoying as hell. There is a slash command to delete all mail, but I have mail I want to keep from when my hubby and I met here in game, friends, funny NPC letters (Yes, I kept the "So long and thanks for all the fish" letter lol).
    Having it pop up on every single chat window open is plenty to keep me from forgetting, thanks. (I have a window for the regular chat channels, a window for group chat, a window for guild chat, and a window for tells, and a window for harvesting/notifications, etc... All in a column on the side of my screen so I can keep track and not lose things as they scroll off. The whole column turns yellow with "Buy this overpriced bag, potions, and boots that don't stack with other speed buffs"...

If it didn't cost nearly as much as an entire base expansion, I might consider it...

Why don't they start a "support our game" type thing like some games do? People with the extra cash can buy different fluff items for various amounts of money with out throwing the game out of whack for people who can't afford much. They can still put forth outrageous prices like the guild hall skins for $400.00 or $350.00, but in a way that is just more strait forward. Giving credit to people who just want to keep the game alive just seems a bit more honest. (although, making reasonably priced variations would be nice too.) Just a few tweaks to the RBG for a different look on a various items, pets, houses, and gear and it won't even take too much Dev time.

Example Path of Exile supporter packs
  4. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. At that price, I assumed it would be. o.0
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That last "support our game" bit's a brilliant idea! :)

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  6. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

I've also been begging them to make a side program that allows us to make 3d screenshots for 3D printing, either buy the print file or order a 3D print from DBG. They said the way armor and characters are all separate objects, it wouldn't work (particularly where they clip each other), but if they put a team on making a "screenshot" side program for all their games that only took what surfaces were exposed as the screenshot to be transferred to a solid 3D print, I think they'd make quite a profit weather they sold tokens in game for only a file of the screenshot, or actual 3D prints to be shipped to the player. I'd love to get a foot tall statue of my first character from 2004. lol
    Also, since the normal in-game files have the clipping issue, they wouldn't have to worry much if at all about people getting around the need for the screenshot program. If they make it a DBG wide feature, every one who plays any title they own could have access to 3D prints of their favorite characters, weapons, etc.. They could even allow targeted mobs to be screenshotted this way. (AND personally, I'd adore being able to print a few of my favorite rooms from houses I've decorated. Maybe there could be an adjustable cube to screenshot areas? Some lovely overland zones and dungeons I wouldn't mind having as a shadow box for a character 3d print.)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Not to mention...FURNITURE. I can't imagine the process that our Player Studio folks go through to make something look 3D in the first place in a 2D medium wouldn't be somewhat similar to what the Art Dept. of song and fame (;->) go through to make the items in the first place. Plug the dimensions into a CNC shop instrument, and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if you could crank out one of those fancy Castellum or Cherry wood pieces from the Marketplace, or a High Keep lovely, all the way down to even Elm and Maple stuff for the nostalgic. ;->

Well, maybe not the cheesy warped things, like the original crates and "bookshelves"... :-/

At any rate, if they do the "adjustable cube to screenshot areas" (which is brilliant!), even if it's "just" for houses (including the prestige places), we'll always have Paris--er, Poet's Palace, or wherever. ;->

Uwk
    who once bought an expansion on a DISK, in a BOX, when the Collector's Edition was AFFORDABLE, just to get the li'l 25mm figurine of the Ykeshan (sp.?) Riding Bear that came with it...which is staring at me even as we speak :D