Mass Mail

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Haterkham, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Raff Well-Known Member

Read it, deleted it, forgot about it.

Til now...for petes sake, people :rolleyes:
  2. Grazda New Member

Devs! Don't EVER do this to me again if you want to keep me as a paying customer! I'm an altaholic and have many toons. Now I have to go through the whole rigamaroll on every single one of them. To those of you who say "quit whining and just /mail_clear", has it occurred to you that perhaps some of us have some messages we would like to keep? We shouldn't have to empty our mailboxes to get rid of a SPAM message from the devs that we never should have gotten in the first place.
    Quillyne, Juraiya, Xephane and 8 others like this.
  3. Jellygiantjim Member

This is an extremely tacky and distasteful way of marketing and just screams of desperation from daybreak's side. When I see something like this i'm more inclined not to purchase it on principle. If you want to advertise on the welcome to EQ2 window, launchpad, website, etc. then that's one thing, but sending out a mass mail to everyone on every server with a very misleading attachment that just redirects you to the site is a very repulsive obnoxious move on your part. On top of that you can't delete it without clearing all your mail or opening it up and being redirected to website. Some of us like to keep our mailbox clean and don't necessarily want to delete all our mail or open it up on every alt just to get rid of this trash. WTG daybreak for annoying your ALREADY paying customers.
    Quillyne, Juraiya, Xephane and 7 others like this.
  4. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

Safe to say that if one hasn't logged in since September that their mailbox would be full? Good, I don't care for those telemarketers anyhow.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Uxtalzon Active Member

I'm sure they'll explain the mass mail.

[IMG]
  6. Kuulei Well-Known Member

7. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

The command is /clear_mailbox
  8. Ratala Active Member

I would love to see all the comments that were typed out to send back in that in game mail. :D

I know I was disappointed when I hit the reply key and it wouldn't send my reply.
  9. Feldon Well-Known Member

This actually happens all the time. Amway, Herbalife, Conversion Therapy.
    Juraiya, Malleria, santargria and 4 others like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thanks, all, for letting me know about that before I tried; saved me some more aggravation. ;->

Uwk
    still working on it; only.......4 more servers worth of toons to go, not counting the handful on the TLE servers (is it there, too? Or are our kids free of that?) X-P
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

People who are ACTUAL friends actually tell you what they're inviting you to ;)
  12. Lejoni New Member

I have no words for how stupid this ingame spam by DBG was.
    Juraiya, Xephane, Ratala and 4 others like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! That's okay, we have plenty to spare! :)

Uwk
    Juraiya, Xephane, Feldon and 3 others like this.
  14. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Heh, most folks in my Guild did not even know they had them. They get tired of my Guild Mails, reminding them of special events or "please be sure to harvest" :D
  15. Kittybock Well-Known Member

ROFL, Uwk have spare words??? That was sarcasm, eh? ;)
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! "[you jest]... And yet, in your jest is truth, for I am famed for speaking only when words are called for, and otherwise I am silent as the grave." --The Beast ("X-Men", called there the "mutantur" from the Latin for "change"), original 1602 comics by Neil Gaiman

"I'm waiting for your critique, Doctor. In fact, I'm amazed you've remained silent for so long. Opinions usually flow from you like Vesuvius in full eruption." --Leonardo da Vinci to the 12th Doctor, "The Swords of Kali" comics story arc by Robbie Morrison

"How gabby can a [kitty] get?" --Henry Hawk, in one of the Foghorn Leghorn cartoons (the title of which I can't recall atm ;->)

Uwk
    Juraiya, Prissetta and Kittybock like this.
  17. Alenna Well-Known Member

yep on the TLE servers too
  18. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Like devs know how to keep people entertained and sticking around to keep on getting their paychecks and staying employed? o_O
  19. Rougez Active Member

I'm just enjoying the lol factor. This thread is hilarious and a bit beyond petty. Perhaps you should in fact, find a new game to play. OMG they sent me SPAM, I'll let them have it. /rolls eyes.
    Xephane likes this.
  20. santargria Well-Known Member

6 acts - 2 Full access, 1 Silver (grand-dad), 3 free - 47 characters - Yes I mulitbox sometimes and have no problem with this marketing

Like I said, it should have been for each toon and I probably would have bought 1 for each full access account.

But, alas it's not so I won't.