Mass Mail

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Haterkham, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Try 7 dozen! :D

Uwk
    Prissetta and santargria like this.
  2. Arieva Well-Known Member

Except I don't see you people with a gazillion alts on here pounding your fist in outrage everytime a holiday rolls around and they mail you about an event starting..how dare those developers send me a rose which then takes up a bag slot till I get up the energy to delete it....

Lets face it...no different really. Alts can deal with the mail the next time they are logged in and if you never play em its a nonissue if mail fills up (and it probably already has from the holiday mailings).
    santargria likes this.
  3. Conifur Well-Known Member

The fact is it is tacky. The MOTD also talks about spending extra money to help improve on the horrible XP they made that server. It just screams "We nerfed it so bad to get you to spend money to get it back near normal; and here is where you go to do it."

They are more concerned with milking their customers then putting out a good product. That is what is so wrong with that mail, not the fact they put it out. They just don't seem to care anymore.
    Prissetta, Aeryiana, Pixistik and 2 others like this.
  4. Malleria Well-Known Member

This ^

Spend more time putting out decent content and less time trying to milk us for more cash with a, frankly, extremely underwhelming benefit. $30 for that pack is absurd.

Mind you, SOE/Daybreak never did understand the "micro" part of microtransactions.
    Prissetta, Aeryiana, Juraiya and 4 others like this.
  5. Alenna Well-Known Member

That rose or the coin you get can be used in game to get ether an acheivement(as in the case of the rose) or buy something from the holiday merchant. this one only opens your browser to a page selling you something for real money. and it isn't even for every on one that account. I collect all the roses and give them to the alt i'm trying to get the achievement on. as well as consolodating all the coins to buy something.
  6. semisus Does not play this game

If this pack was actully one pr character i might actully buy it
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Say what you will about WoW's Marketplace equivalent, I do think theirs is better (don't get me started on the in-game economy there, with the Auction House, etc., because it SUCKS compared to ours here); frequently, while you may pay more for items, such as mounts, for example, they almost always unlock (or show up in your in-game mail) for every character you have, automatically...or every character you'll ever create. ;->

Uwk
  8. Cuelaen Well-Known Member

For Heavens sake! Don't say that! lol-I once said on these forums, "next thing you know, you'll be able to buy an exp potion vending machine for your guildhalls..."...then bam! Purchasable guild halls with clickable dragons for exp potions...lol
    Xephane and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Y'know what I wouldn't mind seeing on the Marketplace (devs, are you listening?)? Since they're not going to sell us those XP "vials" for tradeskilling (and correct me on this if I'm wrong; be dead embarrassing), sell us something instead that can turn all these leftover /claim XP potions from my crafters grinding to 100, let me attach something to those bottles that can let me turn around and make them HEIRLOOM for tradeskilling ONLY for my baby toons, or my mid->almost high level crafters that weren't quite as parsimonious when they had the chance. Not to sell on the Broker. Not to convince some evil plat-farming bot to pawn. Just to give the rest of my alt kids that little bit of help (and help clear out my inventory of them, when they no longer have any relevance). :-/

Uwk
    Prissetta, Juraiya and Cuelaen like this.
  10. Cuelaen Well-Known Member

Thats actually a really good idea..
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  11. Dude Well-Known Member

Don't worry, you'll need to use them when the level cap goes to 110 with the next expansion.
  12. seneth Active Member

I have been with EQ2 since preorder and I agree with Uwk. EQ2 has never been promoted like it should. They actually promoted EQNext a whole lot more, (oodles more) than they ever did EQ2 and look where EQ Next is,,in that trash bin.
    While EQ2 continues to do well for a game this old. Listen to your players for once DB, key word here is ADVERTISE to the world, not to your loyal players who you may eventually run off with this ingame mail tactic. Reminded me strongly of the
    gold seller bots. Push it on them, push it on them, some will take the bait. I won't, I didn't, and I spend quite a bit on the marketplace as many here do, so that kind of marketing, does not sit well. Please learn from this.
    Respectfully,
    Seneth
  13. Loresinger Active Member

The exact word that came to mind when I opened that mail today. Sure, it's not the world's biggest issue to claim the item and close the tab it opens, but it's an annoyance that just does not need to be there. If nothing else, people paying subscriptions shouldn't be seeing this junk in their in-game mail. (And people not paying subscriptions already get a pop-up while playing, and redirected to the store after, so they probably don't need to see it, either!)
    Alenna, Aeryiana, Juraiya and 4 others like this.
  14. Ummmyeh Active Member

I know right!? Just yesterday I was watching television and all of a sudden this weird thing called a commercial came on. Iirc it was Geico telling me how to save on my car insurance. In fact 2 minutes out of every 15 minutes there was someone trying to sell me on something. Everything from ****** to razor blades. I pay like $100.00 a month for cable and yet they bombard me with stuff like this. It is unacceptable!

Then I open up my eq2 client and guess what? I had a mail that told me about this thing. I did what I normally do with an ad. I ignored it. It was not that hard at all. I just saw what it was and that it did not interest me and I deleted it. In fact, it took way less effort to do than it did to come and write this post.

Moral of the story? Just move the f on and let it go. People complaining about this stuff are petty individuals with nothing more to do than complain like little old biddies. 12 years in this game have taught me one thing! You all are some whiny teary eyed babies just looking for something to complain about. :rolleyes:
  15. Conifur Well-Known Member

Do you own Geico? Where do you get your razor blades, do you buy them from that company? The difference is they are trying to get new customers by going outside their current customer base, not milk the ones they currently have. If they would spend some money and market outside the game then maybe it would not be so bad. Heck, even their survey they send out is the free one you get, they can not even spend a little extra to find out how their consumers feel.

If your cable company you pay like $100 for started sending pop ups to your T.V. asking if you want want to spend $30 to get an hour free of commercials would that be cool? How about your cable company sending those pop ups offering services that used to be part of the package but are no longer? You just have to push exit to get out of them, but your fine with that? I doubt it. The fact you revert to calling people babies, petty and biddies is really all I need to know.
  16. Loresinger Active Member

Yeah... See, the thing is, I don't have Geico, so I'm probably a good person to advertise to, and it's not as if the ads on TV are exactly personalized anyway. On the other hand, a while back I was using an app to watch a show, and I kept getting ads for the same show I was watching. Like, you all don't have to sell me on binge watching this I'm already doing it right at this very minute. Now, I don't know how hard it would be for the app to recognize that. But, it's pretty freaking obvious that I'm actively playing EQ2 if I'm getting this mail in the game...

I'm not against ads in general, but I don't think this one was focused to the right bunch, or in the right place. Like I said, world's biggest problem? Nope. Annoyance that didn't need to happen? Yeah, I think so. I don't expect everyone to feel the same way, but I'm killing time on the forums anyway, so figured I'd toss my two cents in.
  17. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Advertising isn't going to help at this point. The small dev team simply can't produce enough new content to market to new players, and, there is so much duct tape holding it together that it's just not far off from being done.

Imo, only thing can save it an investment of staff resources, and that is not likely to happen.
  18. Ummmyeh Active Member

19. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Man, it feels good to put trolls on ignore! And yes, this spammy mail was an ill-advised move on Daybreak's part.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Alenna like this.
  20. Ummmyeh Active Member

lol--:( That persons opinion is valid and different I am going to ignore them! HAHA Thanks for hammering home my point. WAAAAAAHHHHHH

It must be getting a little crowded in that echo chamber. **just in-case you see this on an alt or a friend sees it and informs you of course. Have a good day.