Mass Mail

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Haterkham, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Malleria Well-Known Member

Wow. Just wow. Agree with everything above - having to claim the attachment to delete it, which forces open the sales page, is utter crap. When we told you to hire a marketing team, we didn't mean hire that one guy who failed the class...
    Svenone, Quillyne, Tekka and 10 others like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

ROFL! :D

One thing I will say about this...since it's forcing me to check on all of my alts (and I have over nine sets of crafters...), at least this way I can check on their 12th Anniversary Mounts ("It's the same mount, you stupid notice, what do you mean the Appearance doesn't work with it?!") and house rent. ;->

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

On top of everything else, they have the official Message of the Day mentioning it...they didn't think that would be enough? :-/

Uwk
    Feldon, Mizgamer62 and Prissetta like this.
  4. Arieva Well-Known Member

Good god you people will complain about ANYTHING. No wonder the devs are starting to lose patience with players. It took you longer to come here to post than it did to delete the offending email ffs...even with the redirect.
  5. Haterkham Member

Arieva , you may be correct. Sometimes taking a stance or voicing a concern isn't about time or difficulty, its about sending the message of what should and shouldn't be acceptable behavior for setting a standard of future practice. what if this becomes an every week thing for advertising within the community where people have to log on and be re directed to a website 30 times because they have 5 toons on each of 6 accounts? why cant the re direct be optional and it be acceptable to delete the mail without being FORCED to look at a market place page? and them it grows into more internal adds for subbed members like un subbed members get?
    Mahrsalla, Svenone, Ozymundas and 8 others like this.
  6. Alenna Well-Known Member

Dude I suspect you don't get very many ingame mails from people in game. if they send mail like this more often it will fill up hte mail box and other ingame mail that is sent wont' get sent because your mailbox is full. now tell me it isnt' hurting anything.
    Pixistik, Leonitas, Juraiya and 2 others like this.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

You get something like five full pages of mail until it's full. If your box is full, then I can see that it would be an issue, but more than likely that's just a made up situation and isn't really a problem. I get that people don't like it, but it seriously isn't like the world is coming to an end.
    santargria likes this.
  8. Doomravin Well-Known Member

Wow,

They seriously did this mail thing with a redirect token and spammed it to every toon on peep's accounts. Didn't believe it at first and had to log in a toon just to check and it is real o_O

Do you reckon the devs have got someone standing over them with a club screaming "More money NOW!" ?

Reminds me of those gold farmer mails you used to get back in the day - it's beyond words that the development team themselves have done this
    Sambril, Svenone, Quillyne and 7 others like this.
  9. tinklepee New Member

Lol I was excited to be getting mail, the even more excited because I thought DB was giving me something for free. Low and behold it was this advertisement.
    -Soteria-, Svenone, Xephane and 3 others like this.
  10. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

That's a two way street and it really needs to be stopped on both sides for this game to continue.
    Xephane, Livejazz, Alenna and 2 others like this.
  11. Kokorobosoi Active Member

before i go and log in....i would really like to point out that my rig just cant handle opening the browser and the game at the same time. game crashes, internet freezes, everything goes sideways. I have to shut down and reboot. AND sometimes when i come back into game my UI settings are wonky. So....i second the idea of maybe finding a way we can delete this thing without opening it. how about just the same pop up box as salvaging? are you SURE you want to do this? Or even the type your own name box? anything but this....

Wish me luck...Im gonna need it.
  12. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Selling is a part of the marketing process. This is selling.
    santargria likes this.
  13. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Except that there IS no attachment. Saying it is a "gift" when there isn't actually anything there that is being gifted to you is misleading, as well as being in very poor taste.

How would YOU like to be invited to a party given by a friend, and be told that you'll be given a gift, and instead be given a two hour lecture on something you aren't interested in? This is pretty much the same thing.
    Mahrsalla, Pixistik, Xephane and 4 others like this.
  14. santargria Well-Known Member

Personally I have no problem with this - they've sent us other things via mail for years - gifts, surveys etc. and for some us this marketing technique may work in purchasing the Adv Pack. Not me personally, but others

The issue I do have is the pack is one per acct - after all the issues we've had this year with downtime etc it would have been a very nice "bone" if at least the item was claimable for each character.

But otherwise, it's their game and they can do what they want - it's not that much of an inconvenience to read the mail, close the browser tab before it gets to the site and get on with the days game.
    Dude likes this.
  15. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Actually, more precisely:

1. The purpose of a for profit business is to make a profit. There are many ways to do this.

2. The purpose of marketing is to generate sales. There are many ways to do this.

3. Selling is a part of the marketing process. There are many ways to do this.

I suspect what is frustrating people is there seems to be a great emphasis on the part of DBG to extract as much money as possible from the existing customer base at the same time the quality of the product is deteriorating.

I also suspect others are insulted by the poorly disguised manipulations to get people to do it.

If this is how DBG has chosen to generate sales revenue, so be it. Those people it offends will simply have to exercise their right to choose from whom they buy their gaming.
    Tekka and Prissetta like this.
  16. Raenius Well-Known Member

I am already a customer and a veteran of this game - I am the wrong clientel you can come up with such a thing since if I feel the urgy to buy something I am fully aware where to get it.

/stop advertising ingame mails
  17. Conifur Well-Known Member

Welcome to Evergrab - where they will do anything to grab your money - except put out a game people want to play - or one not filled with bugs.
    Malleria and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Conifur Well-Known Member

19. Luziana Member

Maybe i can help you.
    Try /mail_clear
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  20. Luziana Member

This mailing made me worry about my favourite game.
    It gave me the impression of a desperate try to get money to prevent them of going bankrupt.
  21. Alenna Well-Known Member

the survey's nor the gifts redirected and open the browser how is this going to make those like on of the posters stated about her rig can't handle having game and the browser up hmm? they will have a crash every time they accept the do called attachment on their alts. I suspect some of you who don't' see a problem with this only have 1 or 2 alts right. there are those of us who have 30+. this is not good marketing and they should not do it again.
    Sambril, Juraiya, Pixistik and 4 others like this.