New Guild Halls...too expensive

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Vunder, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Azian Well-Known Member

DBG certainly is continuing to prove that they have no concept of the "micro-transaction" premise. Virtually everything on the marketplace is substantially overpriced and this is just silly ridiculous.
    Blatant, Siren, Griffon Lady and 3 others like this.
  2. Tekka Well-Known Member

3. Indy Member

4. Maevianiu Well-Known Member

We didn't change anything with the layout files with this update (or at least shouldn't have). I just saved a layout now on live and it looks the same as before at a glance but I don't have an old layout file to compare with. If you have a chance, could you look at the raw text of a newly saved one, and an old one (if you have an old one) to see if something has changed? However, the editor does crash for me complaining about converting to a 64 bit number.
    Ishuna and Livejazz like this.
  5. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

For anyone wondering what the special bonus item you get from being an owner of the Skyshrine Guild Hall...

Here it is...http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/2503201143

Instead of being no-value only, it's Lore/No-Value/No-Trade version. That can only be picked up we believe is every 24 hours.

Not worth the $400 dollars it took to purchase.
    Hartsmith and Griffon Lady like this.
  6. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

Btw, everything you try to place in this guild hall, clips through the floor.
  7. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Yet another handy dandy cash grab.
  8. Abasinolanam Active Member

I really don't see the big deal about the new guild halls being priced high. Why is it that you feel you are entitled to buying one at a lower price than that which they set? Should we go complain to BMW because we can't afford their cars, or can afford them but don't want to pay that much because they take the same amount of time to drive us to work than a Toyota?

I'd love to buy one for my personal guild but I won't because I don't have that kind of money. But I am not jealous that some people or guilds will have the disposable income to buy it. It is intended to be an item of prestige because of its price, just like any luxury item. Welcome to how the world works. Seriously, the bellyaching over this is shameful.
    suka, Spindle and Moonpanther like this.
  9. Maevianiu Well-Known Member

found it, fixed it. Details in the homeshow forum. Sorry if I derailed this a bit.
    suka, Meneltel, Ishuna and 2 others like this.
  10. Rainmare Well-Known Member

yeah but the point of the price is because everyone in your guild is supposed to chip in, not 1 or 2 people or even 10 people. Everyone.

in a guild of 100 players, that's 4 bucks a person. 50 people it's 8. yeah, it screws over the 1 and 2 man guilds, or the me and my 6 friends guilds. it does more favor large guilds and raiding guilds for sure.
    Meirril and Livejazz like this.
  11. Haohmaru Developer

Was this happening pretty much only on the grassy areas? If so, I think I found a possible reason. We'll try and have an update out asap if that's the case.
    Hiza, suka, Meneltel and 1 other person like this.
  12. Bruwin New Member

The big deal is that this is a blatant cash grab that won't make them as much money as they would make if they sold the guild halls at a lower price. A couple of guilds might shell out for this, and then nothing. 100 or even 150 dollars for the guild halls? You'd likely see dozens of guilds buy it. This isn't about being jealous of something that other people have. In terms of guild halls, nobody actually cares that another guild has a Tier 3, or a High Keep, or anything else. They care about the guild hall that they spend their time in. The Highhold guild hall looked cool, and seemed like something we might get because of that. But because of the high price point, we can't really justify asking people to spend money on something that is only "kinda" cool.
    Quillyne, Hartsmith, Cuelaen and 7 others like this.
  13. Nelie Well-Known Member

Correction: 72 Months, with the 10% discount...just noticed (10% off 400 = 360; 360/5 = 72)
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  14. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

Yes, it's the grass areas where the house items being placed clip through the floor.
  15. Ishuna Well-Known Member

It's not about being jealous, I could whip out my credit card and pay for it if I wanted to. I don't want to because I have never in my many years of gaming seen a company charge so much for pixels. There has been a lot of cash grabs by db lately and this is just the ridiculous cherry on top. It's not just eq2 either, google a bit and see what others are saying about the other games and db. We can continue to support this trend or we can speak out and decline to participate. At some point gamers have to draw the line.

Once upon a time in games, there were no microtransactions. Just expansions you bought and the odd free content release. Then little by little they became more and more integrated in games. Now? Now we have a 400 dollar digital item. If gamers say nothing but "yes please can I have another" it's going to get progressively worse until all we have are microtransaction platforms poorly disguised as "games".
    Quillyne, Cuelaen, knightowl and 6 others like this.
  16. Tekka Well-Known Member

I want to make sure I understand this - Once per 24 hours, one person in the guild can claim a lore/no value/no trade experience vial?
  17. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Before you decide to buy a BMW vs a Toyota, you have full access to all the amenities, safety features, standard features, safety ratings, warranties, and anything else you wish to know about the cars. You can judge that information for yourself, and decide if the cost is worth the difference. Also, if BMW goes under in 2 years, you still have the car.

We know NOTHING about this hall except what one person who was willing to take the fall for us was able to tell us, and it's not much. Does it still have weekly upkeep? What tier of amenities are available, and is there upkeep for them? Are there additional benefits for the cost of paying real cash for this thing? If there is upkeep on the hall, how does DBG justify locking people out of something for which they have paid in full in RL cash because they don't also have the imaginary currency this week?

AND, if the game is sunsetted, that money is gone. If you leave your guild, your part of the money is gone. If a big guild teams up so everyone only pays $5-20 to get it, and then the guild dissolves, who gets the hall? Can a person who paid the majority of it on their own petition to keep the hall if they're not the leader? Is it fair to that person if they can't? Is it fair to the guild if they can? At least in a divorce you can discuss or have a judge rule on division of assets - if you want to keep the BMW, odds are you're going to have to pay your former partner their share of the costs. Otherwise you sell it, and you both get Toyotas.

And of course, this does favor most the big guilds who have lots of people able to defray the costs. But honestly, I was interested in these because I am in a small guild of personal friends, many of whom moved on to other games when they either lost interest or could no longer play EQ2, but all of whom are still in regular contact in RL. I hoped they would be maybe $50-100 with no weekly upkeep, because those of us left are casuals with limited time, and sometimes we don't have the status when it comes due. Mind you, I don't begrudge the big active guilds the better amenities that come with the bigger guild halls they can afford. But those are also the guilds that need the least help holding together what resources they have.

edit: Forgot to say, if it turned out BMW was just taking Toyota cars, giving them a fancy new paint job and a bigger gas tank, then selling them for 8x the cost, you can damn well bet there would be protests, and possibly legal ramifications for misrepresentation of product and price-gouging. Our "free" market does have restrictions and guidelines.
    Kurogo, Hartsmith, Livejazz and 6 others like this.
  18. Ishuna Well-Known Member

To add...in my first post I omitted the new free to play models and thus the extra need to supplement money made. That's fine. I've bought stuff from the marketplace. It's the excessive greed that just seems to be getting bigger and bigger that really makes me mad.
  19. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

Any person who talks to the NPC inside the Skyshrine Guild Hall will get one 200,000 filled experience vial every 24 hours (could be less, will verify tomorrow on exact cooldown)
    Hartsmith, suka and Jaden like this.
  20. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

It's really not that useful for a guild who rarely levels any alts.

200,000 experience to a level 100 won't even give that person 1 tithe point. It's worthless for $400 dollars.
    Hartsmith and Cloudrat like this.