Ire-Dread (Myth Hammer) Changes

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Bloodguts, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Its a bit of a tightrope. If it doesn't reset cool abilities whats the point, and 'cool' abilities tend to be synonymous with 'powerful.' It just can't reset ALL the cool abilities or we are just asking for some fundamental design shifts.
    Dreadtalon and Yoube like this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Alas the 'cool abilities' for healers are mostly the defensive ones that were removed.
    It is frustrating that DPS gets to feel awesome by having their cool stuff reset and that's okay, but healers doing the same with their cool healer abilities is 'too powerful'.
    Not trying to take away from the dps, just would be nice for it to be useful for healers. (It's still good for shaman, like the healer ethereal from AoM), but the new myth is equally as useless to druids and channelers as the AoM myth.. resetting heals that already have a reuse less then their duration is... totally useless.
    Dreadtalon and Bloodguts like this.
  3. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Would be nice if it could add more ticks onto Druid HOTs, more triggers onto cleric reactives, and perhaps a % increase on the channeller intercept, to give it more value for healers. These wouldn't be game breaking changes, but could enhance classes nicely.
    Dreadtalon and Bloodguts like this.
  4. Yards Well-Known Member

People read too much into the hammer. It was made to combine 2 procs the reset proc and the fervor proc. They messed up on the reset proc making it reset everything a brew does and that was an obvious oversight. Asking to put all this other stuff on it is a little over the top. Just take it for what it is which is basically 2 ethereals combined into one and imho is way too overpowered to begin with.
    Tharrakor and Yoube like this.
  5. Raenius Well-Known Member

Although the hammer was very very nice to begin with, it wasn`t actually gamebreaking - there is/was no content which got trivialized if you got that hammer.

Wearing it as a Paladin, I pretty much concentrated on dps-abilities when it procced, there is just no need to cycle all defensive temps all the time - if you die its a script-fail most times, the hammer didn`t save you there.
    Bloodguts likes this.
  6. Raenius Well-Known Member

Also: back the day in EoF/RoK there was jewelry which pretty much made someone immune to any control-spell, which was really overpowered back the day since the very essence of any fight was a detrimental-curefest.

And guess what: there were only like 1-2 guilds per server to grab those since it was avatar loot noone else had access to.

Kyrus can be killed by pretty much any half-decent raidguild that has a clue, and the hammer droprate seems to be way higher than last summer ethereals which are nearly as good.
    Would have worked for me I guess.
  7. Yards Well-Known Member

Look at the hammer how it was and how much it reset. Go down the list of all the classes in a raid and what it reset for those classes and then tell me it didn't break the game. How/why a paladin got the hammer before most/everyone else in your guild is mind boggling to me though as it is a lot more useful on other classes.
    Yoube likes this.
  8. Raenius Well-Known Member

Simple: I had the dkp and I know for myself I will keep playing - I made the mistake in the past to let really good stuff go to others who quit after a time - hence I grabbed it.

And I am still convinced it doesn`t break the game - because you won`t see the day in ToT where everyone in the raid has that item, it is still too rare.

A way better change would have been that any offensive ability which got used while the 100fervor got up can`t be reset for another minute - hence all that insame billion damage won`t come up so often - but that is another story/approach.
    Bloodguts likes this.
  9. Kioske Well-Known Member

In my opinion, the reset ability and 100 fervor Ethereals, Runes, and this hammer should just be removed from the game. Those cool downs are there for a reason. Having them all come back every 30 seconds ruined the way this game was played. The game went from guilds having to figure out strats to kill raid bosses to which guild has the most ravaging procs and can burn through the strat faster. The difference between a beastlord that does 100 million DPS and one that does 200 million DPS is as simple as having the ethereal weapons from last expac or the runes from this expac. 2 piece of gear adding 100 million DPS is a flawed system and needs to be rethought.
    Yoube likes this.
  10. Isult New Member

Leave the Hammer as it was originally and just make the proc group-wide. Do the same with the stupidly rare ethereal runes from contested.
  11. Enigma Active Member

All they need to do is make the eth reset weapons have the same reset functionality as the myth hammer meaning it will reset all the abilities the myth relic can do that way its easier to balance and fix. The myth hammer bonus is having two ethereal effects in one weapon which should be the hotness of having that weapon. You can then add a 100 fervor mage weapon down the road somewhere.
  12. kluxor Well-Known Member

Hammer is essentially THREE ethereal effects in one. Fervor, hostile reset, and beneficial reset. For everyone who regrets spending their dkp...I'd gladly take it off your hands if I could!
  13. Swanga Member

Do you understand how long it took this game to make an item APPEALING to Necro's? I have struggled for many expansions to justify when to use my 5 minute cool down of Undead Horde. YES, 5 MINUTE COOLDOWN!
  14. Swanga Member

And stacking Fae Fire's isn't an issue? Dumbfires contribute to zero game-time lag, and actually, while watching a meter, the times the game would lag is when a warlock or wizard would drop all increments.
  15. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

Aura of Immolation is not resetting any beneficials with today's patch.
  16. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

Warlock and Ranger beneficials don't get reset at all from Aura of Immolation.

Any other classes getting the same results?
  17. Entropy Well-Known Member

Yep, none of my Warlock AA line beneficials are being reset. Looks like they nerfed it all the way back to profession spells only, regardless of how powerful the individual ability was.

So... drop the hammer for a +1% to all incoming damage proc now? Probably better for the raid at this point. /sigh
  18. Raenius Well-Known Member

Just revert Aura of Immolation to its original state - might spare us another 5 patches until it is actually fixed.
  19. Twisty Well-Known Member

So does the hammer have identical behavior with the old Duality wand? Or does it at least reset all offensive abilities (specifically dumbfire pets)
  20. Vasco Active Member

Which warlock beneficial a are you referring to.