Ire-Dread (Myth Hammer) Changes

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Bloodguts, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Belton Member

^ This ^ This ^ this ^ this HELL i'd rather take my three swarms resetting OVER the fervor gains especially if they are borked for pets. that's my two cents.

You do realize necros are ******* dog-taint because they can only burst every 5 minutes? ^ Selfish right here.
    Please explain your logic of "A little two much" As a conj i burst every minute to minute and a half. my counterpart every 5. Hello Balance? Team?
    Top kek right here.
  2. Enigma Active Member

To be honest here, there is no reason why the myth relic hammer should reset more/better things than the eth war runes/weapons if the relic myth hammer has both a reset component and fervor proc. They either need to make the eth war runes/weapons match what the myth hammer can reset or make the relic myth hammer reset what the eth ethereals reset to make it balanced. I would prefer they made the eth war runes/weapons reset like the myth hammer.
  3. Belton Member

100% agreed. the fact that Eth wand can reset FC and not reset dumbfires absolutely baffles me.
  4. Rarrum Active Member

Anyone know how this stacks with Phelony? Could you put this in the offhand and Phelony in main hand, for twice as many resets? They effects are different names... so it's not clear whether they stack or not...
  5. Raenius Well-Known Member

Still broken, missing resetting all beneficials on Paladin and still needs a fix.
    Resetting some AA abilities but not standard abilities which it is supposed to do (e.g. Zealots smite vs Consecrate).

Also, it should reset a variety of dps/beneficials/emergency and utility abilities, AA abilities included - no matter on which class.
    Regarding "OP" abilities: just don`t reset those which have a short recast of 1mins or less, so you still have gaps you have to deal with /fixed.

And btw: when this hammer actually worked I had a good slice of fun this expansion. Not something which is common in this game nowadays.
  6. Yards Well-Known Member

What ethereal are you talking about that resets FC. I would like to know and I'll buy it off you.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  7. Belton Member

didn't duality?
  8. Veta Well-Known Member

No.
  9. Yards Well-Known Member

I'll start off by saying at least spell what I wrote correctly, I would never write "A little two much" . I didn't think I would have to explain something so obvious but I will. Classes were originally designed / balanced ( or at least tried to be ) by their spells/ca's dmg and reuse speed. Ethereal reset in a nutshell makes it so almost all of your dmg spells at the very least are on a ~30 second reuse. Letting abilities that have a 5 min reuse be reset and essentially put on a ~30 second reuse somewhat throws the game out of whack. The whole ethereal reset makes it very hard / impossible to balance classes because reuse is essentially thrown out the window. High reuse didn't affect balance because reuse affects spells linearly, the ethereal reset does not. Long story short the ethereal reset should have never been introduced into the game however it is in game so at the very least long reuse spells/ca's should not be reset by it to limit the amount of damage the ethereal reset has to the game.
  10. Easiette Member

Maybe...that it resets a 5 min ability might offset the losing out on fervor on pets and SB resets..
  11. Belton Member

LOL kk captain grammar.
    So you are saying Horde should be kept at a 5 minute reuse? that's a joke in it's self. no need to continue while you look like a moron by calling me out for my grammar/spelling and blowing smoke out of your ***.
  12. Yards Well-Known Member

If that is all you gathered from what I posted then there is no hope for me to talk common sense into someone as simple minded as you. Anyway I didn't mean to be captain grammar just if you are going to quote someone at least spell it the exact way they did.
  13. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Well thats a good point. You could have something that effects the reuse of all abilities if it did something like lower base reuse by 50% (or maybe some sort of reuse over-cap) without as much negative impact on balance, no more than standard reuse ever had any way.

With this new reuse lowering effect the balance between classes would scale in a linear fashion without needing to add an entire new layer of 'balancing', making the need to pick and choose what skills are effected much less needed. Although I imagine defensive abilities would still need to be excluded/micro managed.
  14. Raenius Well-Known Member

I honestly don`t know why you would pull the ability-card of each class in order to maintain balance - there are so many abilities not adapted to stat inflation since Sentinels Fate you can hardly use this as a very basis to keep everything in check.

When it comes down to balancing this specific item just compare it to other available weapons or ethereal runes which provide somewhat a same benefit.
    From that perspective with it`s rare dropchance I still believe it is not game breaking in its original state.
  15. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I'm sorry, but giving a fighter an item that can basically make them invunerable to all melee attacks forever is pretty game changing, and that's just if you give it to a monk.

'Special' abilities such as defensive abilities needed removing from the hammer, and that has been done. It just needs the correct offensive abilities adding, and the beneficials that aren't totally overpowered if they reset once every 30-60s.
  16. Raenius Well-Known Member

Well, I said a few posts back that defensive abilities with lower recast of 1mins should be excluded.

But I also think melee-damage is not the type of damage getting you killed mostly, it is magical stuff + script fails.
    ToT just made an end to melee-hits which you have to heal against - at least this is my impression when I look at my incoming damage.
  17. Raenius Well-Known Member

Also: any actually fix incoming for this hammer? Could a dev confirm, please?

There are several abilities listed on 20th January patchnotes which haven`t been reset in the first place (Faith, Lay on Hands for example) - so I guess there were some other abilities broken, which should be reset.
  18. Raenius Well-Known Member

Just for clarification Paladin-wise

According to patchnotes it was saying:

Aura of Immolation, Ethereal Conduit, Ethereal Divinity, and Ethereal Onslaught will no longer reset the following abilities:

Altruism, Ancestral Avenger, Ancestral Channeling, Ancestral Savior, Battle Frenzy, Bladedance, Bob and Weave, Brawler's Tenacity, Channel, Channeled Focus, Class Mythical Spells, Cloak of Divinity, Coercive Shout, Crusader's Faith, Cyclone, Deadly Dance, Defensive Minded, Devastation Fist, Diamond Flesh, Divine Aura, Divine Guidance, Draconic Shout, Dragon AA Death prevents, Dragoon's Reflexes, Equilibrium, Faith, Faith of the Fallen, Feral Tenacity, Focused Casting, Hateful Respite, Holy Aid, Holy Salvation, Holy Warding, Howling with the Pack, Ignore Pain, Impenetrable, Impenetrable Will, Inner Focus, Last Man Standing, Lay on Hands, Manashield, Manawall, Manaward, Mend, Mind Control, Nature's Renewal, Pact of the Cheetah, Perfect Counter, Perseverance of the Divine, Prayer of Healing, Predator's Final Trick, Protect Me!, Provoking Stance, Rampager's Resilience, Redemption, Rhythmic Overture, Shadowknight's Furor, Smoke Bomb, Sonic Barrier, Stand Firm, Stoneskins, Stonewall, Tag Team, Temporal Mimicry, Time Warp, Tortoise Shell, True Faith, Tunare's Watch, Unholy Warding, Unshakable Grip, Victorious Concerto, Wall of Force
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Marked red abilities are the ones that got excluded for the reset, but there are quite a few which got reset before the change, aren`t in the patchnotes but won`t reset now either.

Which are:
    - Consecrate, Divine Favor, Aura of the Crusader, Holy Ground, Sigil of Heroism, Heretics Destruction, Holy Warding

Furthermore patchnotes are saying that Faith, Lay on Hands and Prayer of Healing wont be reset - but they never were in the first place.

Sumarition:
    Would be nice if you actually make the hammer reset those abilities again which aren`t excluded in the patchnotes.

Additional:
    Would be nice if it would reset at least one half-decent beneficial as well, like Crusader`s Faith or Lay on Hands - that should`nt be that OP as some claim.

Thank you for reading, since there is no TLDR version.
  19. Beee Well-Known Member

I'm sure it was not intended, but logmessage of the hammer was removed with the todays patch (Build 12485L Feb 19.2016 14:57:43)
  20. Beee Well-Known Member

seem not to work only in regular zones - not in guildhalls .. strange