Ire-Dread (Myth Hammer) Changes

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Bloodguts, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of the recent changes of blacklisting abilities to the Mythical Hammer.

It's an extremely rare drop from a one shot mob, where if you fail to kill him within one attempt, you don't get any more attempts on him until you fully reset the zone.

Seeing as how support players and tanks have next to no use of this mythical weapon anymore with the recent changes, i'm proposing to have a second look at these changes and overturn them back to how it was before.

If that's not an option, then it is extremely important to keep this hammer balanced towards ALL classes, not just some classes that had their abilities blacklisted.

With the patch note changes, other than tanks and support classes (Bards and Enchanters), Predators and Warlocks were hit the hardest with this change. It makes it so that other T1 classes get the most benefit out of this Myth Hammer.

If you're not going to overturn this change from this rare Mythical Hammer, then these abilities should be considered for the blacklist as well to keep it balanced for all DPS classes.

1. Wizard: Fiery Blast (considered the Focused Casting of Wizards)
    2. Beastlord: Savage Howl (beastlord's Smoke Bomb counterpart), Savage Blaze and Unchained Ferocity (unlimited permanent savagery is nuts, combo that with Unchained and you're a DPS god)
    3. Swashbuckler: Dance of Metal (I'm only considering this because Swashbuckler's Dance of Metal adds 24% damage reduction to the group for 30s, and with Myth hammer you can potentially make this a permanent 24% damage reduction)
    4. Brigand: Blinding Dust (if you blacklisted Bladedance and Tortoise Shell, you'd have to blacklist this one as well)

These are some abilities off the top of my head that should be considered for blacklisting. If there is anything else that i missed, feel free to reply.

Edit:

Would also like to add to the list Ethernere Chains from both Wizard and Warlocks, since it's a similar spell like Smoke Bomb from Predators that got blacklisted.
    Sliceberry, Raenius, Lare and 2 others like this.
  2. Igotwardzforu Member

These aren't dps abilities but..

Monk - Tsunami
    Berserker - Adenaline
  3. SacDaddy420 Active Member

odds are FB wouldnt reset anyway.
  4. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Combat Mastery.
  5. Mogrim Well-Known Member

The key thing is that BLs already got way more out of a Myth Hammer than anyone else, and as long as the notes are to be believed, they had their biggest "DPS gainers" protected.

TLDR: With no changes at all, BLs were stronger than Warlocks even without Myth Hammer. Give them both the Myth Hammer, and the BL gains a lot more. Then you take away Focused Casting from what the Myth Hammer resets, and its sort of silly.
  6. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

Myth Hammer was able to reset ALL CAs/Spells from any class, so it would have reset it as well.

Also, would like to add to the list:

Necromancer: Undead Horde
    Conjuror: Communion
  7. Arieva Well-Known Member

I have spoken to a summoner in guild that has the myth hammer. He reports already that no swarms are being reset by it. Your information is false
  8. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

What information?

Like every other ethereal that clears reuse timers on abilities, the Myth Hammer currently doesn't reset ANYTHING at all.

These suggestions i'm giving are for when Myth Hammer and the Ethereals get fixed, to add these abilities to the blacklist in order to balance T1 DPS who use these items.
  9. Arieva Well-Known Member

No when it was proccing correctly before it broke and was resetting nothing...swarms were never reset. Your assertion that the item was resetting everything for everyone is false..at least I can confirm conjurer swarms were NEVER being reset by it..even before the list of abilities was due to be cut down as per the patch notes.

This is first hand information from a conji I specifically asked to watch it and report what was and wasn't being reset.
  10. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

I don't have a summoner to test myth hammer with, but the information i got from everyone i knew who has the Myth hammer, all different classes, was that Myth Hammer was actually resetting every single CA/Spell.

Either way, if that's the case, i hope Undead Horde and Communion stay blacklisted, if not, then they should get added in order to keep classes balanced.
  11. Bamboozle New Member

Why not just delete the item from game since cherry picking which abilities to nerf sounds time consuming. FYI Savage Howl is no where close to smoke bomb in terms of damage.
  12. Enigma Active Member

Undead horde and Communion won't suddenly make summoners op as the damage from those abilities are not game breaking.
  13. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

If you're going to delete that item, you might as well delete all the Ethereals.
  14. Veta Well-Known Member

The myth hammer does reset the swarm pets; however, the swarm pets do not receive the benefits of the fervor gains, neither do our primary pets. So the gains people are perceiving will happen, are just not there. Even it does not reset FB, but think about all the abilities that will be reset with fervor gains into a FB. I think the least of your concerns is Communion and Undead Horde.

Dropping communion and undead horde would be like dropping your sniper shot resets. Your sniper shot also receives the benefits of fervor, while our swarms do not, because the damage from sniper shot is based off your damage. Communion's efficiency would only slightly less than double due to hammer resets. It already has a 1minute cooldown. That is only 1 additional cast per minute at which the minute point would be the most spike/temp oriented phase in order for sync with other classes to maximize efficiency, without fervor gains.
    Enigma likes this.
  15. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

I don't know about summoners much, I was just told by Daray to add Undead Horde and Communion to the list, so I did. It was all his suggestion.

If there is something from Summoners that should go into the list, then someone can make a suggestion.
  16. Enigma Active Member

Daray does not know what he is talking about. You can ignore him.
  17. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

Lol okay :p
  18. Bamboozle New Member

Seeing how I never got any of them during the Horrible Summer event...and how common they are now I fine with deleting them all, esp if this gonna turn into nerf this and then nerf that from every class. The hammer is a Relic and its not a common drop it should be %$#%$^ awesome not gimped leave it be or delete it imo.
  19. Veta Well-Known Member

People can make suggestions that fine. I can not justify anything not resetting for summoners, except for a few exploitable abilities (which I do not know if it resets those), because we do not receive half of the proc, which is just as important, the fervor.
  20. Daray Well-Known Member

My comment was with reference to Undead Horde only - and partly because I imagine the additional overhead from high-uptime UH swarms all over the place is going to cause other issues.