The New Ethereals

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by ZUES, Jun 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

Posted earlier in this thread:

2. Margaritas Active Member

Weapons and effect. Are the stats going to be greater, equal or lesser? That is the question.

How stupid would it be to make these items ridiculously rare to turn around and make them easy drops later on with better stats? Oh wait.. that's probably the exact logic going on. Oops, MY BAD!
  3. Veta Well-Known Member

They aren't being fixed, I told you some of these issues are claimed by devs to be non-fixable. It also does not justify the drop rate issue. These items are not sought after by everyone, therefore in a sense also unwanted. When I say amazing/wanted that means they are good for everyone so that everyone wants them. So, yes, these items are unwanted by some. As stated before these items are arguably amazing for some classes, and others not so much.

Ya I think the drop rate should be increased, but I do not care until the items are good for everyone, not just a few.

These items are a prelude of whats to come. I think they should not go with the hostile recast because it does have issues. There are plenty of other stats they could have gone with for the item like base potency, crit bonus, intelligence, double cast/flurry for the group. Yes, some people can cap on these stats, but with the static items coming out or changing of current items into static they will not have the same stats as a fully incremented uplifting item; therefore, this opens some room for these stats to be used besides inserting new mechanics that are buggy or unwanted by people.
  4. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

A great pity that is not really received or responded to our proposals throughout the ever an opinion of the developers would be a start.

@Raenius

Your suggestion is simply exaggerated only for a time limit, yesterday was too tired and could no longer count correctly well, just gambled too much and slept too little in the last 3 weeks.

Would you grab it to ferrin dealer where the items are available there then no time limit so would also 20000 ferrin or 20 ferrin safes ok.

20000P I think, however, even massively exaggerated, because the normal way one needs about 3 to 6 months and more this amount of platinum to elaborate.

As long as one does not press on everything needed and then sold for huge sums broker what fair players do after all.

20000P obtain through quests and through sellloot lasts longer.

But as ethereal things in the show are still temporary, so it does not make sense to seek such a solution, as is, for example, my proposed solution much more meaningful and sufficiently challenging.

One can not always assume that everyone go out the same time how to invest themselves, a certain amount should be for a reward, yes, but a 100% play time per day version is nonsense.

For a great challenge it will do just fine if every day about 4 to 5 hours active play are necessary to obtain this reward, because most people are already doing it have problems to bring with her real life in harmony.

Just because you yourself are unemployed or have to work out for whatever reason you can not consider as a prerequisite for a good reward.

Most people are put in a position their priorities, so that their real life works.

A game should mean relaxation and fun and the goals in a match should all be accessible by a normal effort, without having fully assume his real life for the game.

People like me run more than 500 instances of itself in 3 weeks, have a massive time and effort invested, more like most of the players from her real life can put out at all, because you have to not aggravate it further and exaggerate.

That players like to get items, which is giving them a character progress completely understandable, as these are then angry when the odds are at close to 0%. Character progression is the life or the content in any RPG.
  5. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Hum.... those threads did bring up a wish i had sometimes before.

Bring back those good old long hard questseries and put in some lore weapons, to each of those, who are willing to contribute to the quest. (RNG out, Time in). ((Havent seen such quests in a while))
    hm... later on:
    1. Supprise
    2. Content
    3. Weapons (above normal)
    Ingerimm likes this.
  6. wazul Active Member

Don't Miss This Summer's Ethereal Weapons Drops!
    yes we miss !

Ethereals can be found as rare drops in the Altar of Malice and Rum Cellar Heroic dungeons off of the end bosses. Don’t worry if you don’t see the drop you’re looking for; these are Attuneable so players can trade (and sell/buy) Ethereal weapons between each other!

2 way : farm or buy.

way 1 : drop rate with 1 month event > you need 200 or 500 or infinity try to grab it.
    and for players inside server like storm , how ? prime time (raids) 70 players.
    not prime time : 15 players. how we can farm ?

is unfair.

way 2 :

i juste create lvl one for each server:
    atm in brok for the one above : nada for all, expept 2 servers. 330k on AB, one unit. 165k on freeport, one unit.

for poor ingame players but rich in real life : 165k and one transfert token : 450 dollars !! for a game with 80% server empty.

for many of us , 99,9% players base, etheral = nice screen in game news. and another bad experience to add in a bag full with anothers bad experience. (wiz no patch since 2 years, grind and evergrind for all mecanics, storm empty since 3 years, no group, everLFG, items like earing double cast bugged...) where is the fun finaly ?
    Ingerimm likes this.
  7. ZUES Well-Known Member

So much bad english here that I can't even read this page. Grammer FTW!
  8. Gathlaine New Member

Oh, the irony.
  9. ZUES Well-Known Member

10. wazul Active Member

I am a french old .french few of my generation enjoyed a good English education level .
    But french people in eq2 , it's been a long time that they are forgotten. international forum ? dead.
    Server storm : 70 players raid time , 15 players the rest of the time.

So these items , how with so few people can get them.
    ( this sentence is extracted from google translators )
  11. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Pinch wast not fun.
  12. Eles Well-Known Member

I miss my Grammer :( she used to make an awesome soup :)
    Gathlaine likes this.
  13. Raenius Well-Known Member

Got mage ethereal dropped today in Fabled Clockwork instance, so I can acknowledge they actually do drop in those new zones.

@Ingerimm

First of all, any other person would have recognized I tend to ignore you.

Second, the 20k ferrins / 20k plat was an example, which you didn`t recognize in the first place (not a surprise at all, tho).

And finally, while telling you I am indeed working 40 hours a week during all the lucky years I seemed to have had, I try to ignore you again, because you arent`t worth any effort hence my time.

I dont want to deal with you, really: I dont want to.
    But if you keep your little side-stabs upon my person in all that crying you force upon us I might change my mind.
    Believe me, you don`t want my attention.
  14. Foretold Well-Known Member

Another one? You are seriously the lucky one...
  15. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Every botted group is roughly 5 more people left out and the impact varies based on what classes the real players are.

Its a matter of fact more real people would be getting groups if people couldn't bot.

And 'boxing' doesn't include using third party programs forbidden by the ToS (even if its not enforced) to control other characters. That is simply botting. But there is really no reason to debate this since its been repeatedly established in the past and opinions on it are irrelevant.
  16. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

I prefer here back from this useless discussion. If the developers, with the given indications, do not recognize where the problems lie, so I'm sorry. My English is not good enough to put it better, but everyone can read and evaluate the situation of the people should recognize it.

In this sense, a more cheerful and constructive discussion but apparently unsuccessful.

Best Regards
    Ingerimm of Valor

Ps. Now, after 527 instances still not seen any ethereal weapon, it makes no real fun.
  17. ZUES Well-Known Member

You know enough english that we can understand you buddy.
  18. Serenaheq2 Active Member

Probably not. Every botted group does not leave out 5 people. Those 5 people are technically one person short of their own group.

I know of quite a few people who run more of these zones on a daily basis than any bot group is likely running. The thing is though they are good or great players... the second they come on they are scooped up for a group or put one together in seconds based on their reputation. There is nothing stopping anyone from being one of these people other than not being particularly useful in a group or not being vocal enough if they are good enough to make themselves known.

Stop blaming botters and boxers for your inability to get groups. People who box and bot are most likely introverts who wouldn't be grouping anyways.

If no one boxed and or botted it would just mean less of these zones ever being run is all. And even less of these items ever seeing the light of day. But those people sitting on the sidelines waiting for a group would most likely still just be sitting there waiting for a group.
  19. Caith Developer

I'm trying to figure out where you are coming up with that 527 number, because your account has run a fraction of that since the start of this month. Heck, this month your account has run a fraction of your original number of the instances you reported you have run last week, and it doesn't appear that you have connected to any other accounts in that time.
    Siren, ZUES and konofo like this.
  20. Stoplanerphs New Member

This made my day. Whats the fraction? 1/2 or lower?

I have run about 100 or so and I have quit. It's not fun. Frankly, it sucks and am taking a break from the game.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.