The New Ethereals

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by ZUES, Jun 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foretold Well-Known Member

Busted.
  2. Stoplanerphs New Member

It would be cool if we could hear from a dev on the drop rates. Are they what you guys wanted?

this appears to have spiked game play, followed by a drop off (anecdotally).
  3. Raenius Well-Known Member

@Ingerimm

Please feel free to answer Caith`s question, I am pretty much looking forward what you have to say.
  4. ZUES Well-Known Member

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!

PWNED!
  5. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

@Caith

This is very interesting and no I do not have second account, but I have done every day between 10 and 35 instances with this account does not work so your log? Funny.

We simply take the average of 10 + 35/2 22.5

They say from the beginning of the month?

And what is a fraction of 450 or 500 with them? because I estimated one day times have lol

So you're saying from the beginning of the month ie 24 days at an average of 22.5 instances are roughly => 540, so even if I did not exactly come to 527, because I probably counted provided in the ACT the open instances, I'm still on close to 500 instances, if they want to improve the transfer petty.

But yes you can also write how many I've done, I have no problem not to have 100% accurate counting.

Write how many it like the quiet after knowing your login exactly would I were having logged number.

At a fraction of I even say absolutely ridiculous and since I have not done the instances alone there are people who can confirm this.

I wonder then just what I did the last 20 days, dreamed? Well what the heck I wanted not eh withdraw from this discussion as I wrote.

The 10000 Ferrin I've earned since start of the month with a character are probably only dreamed of. And I have made more instances where there was no more Ferrin because the quests were done for the day.

Oh no, I look in my window currency are there still 14056 and the 10K mount I have and also potions for 2000 ferrin ... weird where only come from? Gotta have probably found somewhere. Especially since I only own a level 100 character.

Ps. And do only funny people I know what I have done since the beginning of the month. Change it anyway nothing what anyone who thinks of us.

But with such a statement can be me of course abslout ridicule Caith I am grateful for you. / bow
    Breta likes this.
  6. Serenaheq2 Active Member

I would like to chime back in and say thank you for the new fabled zones. We can now completely skip the stuff that was not giving us any reasonable reward and at least go back to grinding out chances at ethereals in zones that are giving other upgrades and interesting tidbits. This has had the effect of not feeling dissapointed when an ethereal does not drop and instead being happy at whatever other random upgrade we have gotten instead.

And if an ethereal did in fact drop from one of these zones in the meantime well that would just be the cherry on top.

How long this feeling will last i suppose is directly related to how long we continue to upgrade from here. But at least for now we are looking forward to running heroic zones again.
  7. ZUES Well-Known Member

/e Takes away Ingerimm's shovel and hands him a ladder.
  8. berendor New Member

@Caith

it's realy funny that you didn't bring up the real facts.... ingerimm is at ~530 inis , i am at ~300 inis ....
    This is realy funny to see that some crapers are looting one ethernal each the other ... and when you spend you time to run the inis without some result .....

so please bring the facts in some posts ....

@each other funny people ....
    funny to read some posts ...... no comment to the ... MIMIMIMIIII from you ..

Cya

Bere
  9. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

Well I think the log will already know. You can watch your Sarka must somewhere else stuck Irgin/Raenius, I know what I've done and what is not.
  10. Raenius Well-Known Member

Well, in fact it doesnt matter anymore - because from this day on no matter what you say/claim: there will always be doubt.
  11. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I lol'd!!! Twice...
  12. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

@Raenius aka Irgin

This is the only time in 11 years where I will prove them right.

I now, please delete directly in the same train also about my Forum account, which I will now need due to the destruction, whether true or not no longer, that contrary to prove what a developer is claiming unfortunately impossible for me.

So does well love EQ2 community, it was a nice time together.
    Very probably there as a last greeting from me.

Best Regards
    Ingerimm of Valor
  13. ZUES Well-Known Member

I think that's what he said.
  14. berendor New Member

It's realy sad that such incorrect posts are done @Caith ....

@raenius
    think what you want and keep it for you ...
  15. Caith Developer

You have entered an AoM or fabled instance 260 time since the start of the month, not including raid or solo instances. That includes instances you entered more then once for whatever reason. It also includes the times you zoned into an instance for less then 5 minutes before zoning into a different one. You have looted an item, including coin, currency, or status, in 193 unique instances.

That is still an impressive number, and it's against the odds that you haven't seen an Ethereal drop in them all.

You have entered an AoM instance 129 time since the start of the month, not including raid or solo instances.
    You have looted an item, including coin, currency, or status, in 102 unique instances.
    Siren, Ingerimm, Neiloch and 5 others like this.
  16. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Perhaps they were 'Man Zones'. Where what females would class as 4, is really 10?
    Kryvak likes this.
  17. konofo Active Member

Or perhaps some kind of metric-to-imperial conversion error, Errrorr?

kono
  18. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

If the server and the logfile say it so it will be so. I can not quite understand, but it does not change anything.

So be it so, and I apologize for probably unintentionally false statements made. I will continue my instances also about the specified seasons, which they may like to confirm to Mr Raenius well or disprove, since he doubted this.

The distillery and distillery events they have then certainly expected to AoM, I hope again.

You could give us in return even give an indication how many instances because Mr. Raenius made to have plumbed 1 ethereal weapon to his own statements and saw 6. How much truth is there because right there behind it?

This would only be fair poetic justice, to obtain such information.Just why they are not a few people who have written here on, for example, with 600-700 instances Mr. Noobtroub and other?

I would not be surprised if a lot of numbers out come more out of the feeling of all people. I can as well understand.

I thank you nevertheless for having finally obtained a statement from a developer.

And her testimony "That is quiet an impressive number, and it's against the odds did you have not seen on Ethereal drop in them all." let me at least a little hope.

Thx
    Mr. Caith
  19. ZUES Well-Known Member

"You have entered an AoM or fabled instance 260 time since the start of the month..."

Man, even at 260 that is a crap ton of heroics to have done. You deserve an ethereal in my opinion. Caith is only trying to give data and see if this Ethereal drop rate truly needs a tweak. I don't think his intention was to launch any kind of personal attack on anyone. Relax guys, devs have opinions too.
    Ingerimm and Neiloch like this.
  20. Neiloch Well-Known Member

This faulty premise of 'you can get a group any time you want, you just have to try' is getting really old. Obviously this isn't the case or there wouldn't be so many people complaining about grouping problems. Both realities can't exist and since the one with the superior iterations and sample size is 'groups are hard to find' that's the more likely truth. Furthermore its supported by development resources being allocated to server merges and a DF.

And yes botting does hurt grouping. I know of more than 12 people who are perfectly capable of grouping and do so on occasion but OPT to run zones with bots and I am no where near 'inside' the community that does these sorts of things. AT LEAST 2 groups running almost every day, more if you mix them in with 'non-botters' that don't exist because it goes completely unchallenged. Do you really think other games crack down on this type of thing to shoot themselves in the foot? Or is it because its healthier for the game to not have it around?

Although I don't doubt a reason why its allowed to go on is because of the money it makes for the game and its been allowed to go on for so long it could very well be a 'point of no return.' Now with the new raid zone being cleared on day one on bot crews this really is the summer of botting, it was just kind of a joke at first but now its getting really sad. I thank the botting crews for farming what little ethereals there are and then immediately taking them over to AB to sell for several hundred thousand plat.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.