The New Ethereals

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by ZUES, Jun 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammdaddy Active Member

You don't understand, no amount of skill i have on an templar will be able to beat someone have permanent 30% max health and unlimited reactives. whydontyouunderstand, And you do need this weapon, for the moment. They have NEVER released an ethereal in waves like this with best in slot characteristics, have they been good weapons? Sure. But never have i been required to get one. And not to mention this rare heroic item is better than raid items.
    Pixilicious, Koko and honeybush like this.
  2. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

RNG sure is funny sometimes. Ran 3 blue Quick zones. Got me two rare nameds, two master drops, the wizzie discovered an wizard ancient (lvl 92 spell) and my dirge got the ethereal bow...... Im happy, so is the wiz but i can totally feel your frustration guys!
  3. ZUES Well-Known Member

Ethereal farming prep!

4. Serenaheq2 Active Member

We made a concentrated effort today. 50+ zones and counting with 2 seperate groups, 6 rare named, 5 leathery eggs, a handful of masters. We tried to make it fun by racing and that was cool for a little while but ehhhh....

over 200 zones total now since the "event" began.

0 ethereals sighted.

Nothing like feeling you are just throwing good time after bad at this. It really feels like gambling at this point. Just hoping for that payout to make all the time you've thrown away worth it. Really should just cut our losses. Not sure how much we have left in the tank to be honest.

We are willing to do the work. But knowing that everything you did before hand has no bearing on the chances of that next chest having an ethereal in it is rough. Also the real kick in the *** is the fact they are limited time only. So you have that clock ticking down and your chances become smaller and smaller. Congrats to the folks who have gotten theirs, especially those that got it early. Be smart and call it a day. Once the RNG turns on you it's not a great feeling.
    Pixilicious, Malleria and Neiloch like this.
  5. Neiloch Well-Known Member

The whole idea of BiS being ultra rare heroic is silly. The time frame really doesn't matter unless its only a matter of weeks before better more common ones drop, not months. Otherwise you could use the same excuse for xpacs (which some people do); 'Why get awesome xitem when its just gonna be replaced by a better one in 6 months lol'

On the other hand more common BiS items in a limited number of slots can be great equalizers, much like the collection ring and charm which I think is great since it helps close the gap and ease entry into raiding. If they aren't interested in raiding it gives them some 'uber power' in doing heroics or solos. Given the impact of these items I would be fine if they were as common as fabled, and unless they are nerfed they very well may need to be to keep large gaps in power from occurring. If they aren't toned down I hope these type of effects will be common come the 'compansion' or we are gonna have some serious problems. 'Recruiting healers with eths for raid guild...'

I sincerely hope this rarity isn't a preview of how they want drops to work since its already obvious its not sustainable. If it is I would love to see some proof to the contrary because it sure isn't happening on butcherblock.
  6. Eles Well-Known Member

Awesome! Now I don't want an Ethereal weapon. I will leave eq2 and do some fitness :) I'll dedicate 3 hrs to bodybuilding instead 3 hrs to farming mythical ethereals :p, well at least 1 hr.
  7. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

This is worse than camping a rock in Feerrott that spawns once every 30 days for a stupid cloak.
  8. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Camping mobs isn't nearly as bad no matter the rarity. You just have to kill 1 mob, and possibly its PH and surrounding trash and wait. This you have to ACTIVELY farm the ENTIRE time for a 1% chance at something you want. Every second not spent killing is wasted time. This is 'slave labor' level farming.

Maybe they can market this as 'hardcore farming.'
    'Camping the cyclops, farming for the jade reaver or HQ lion skin is BABY S**T! Come to the EverQuest 2 Ultra-hard core Ethereal Farming Event! You could play for dozens of hours and get NOTHING! Do you want extraordinary effort to yield extraordinary rewards? GO PLAY SOMETHING ELSE! EQ2 farming is where the REAL farming pros get proven. BE THERE!'
  9. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

now 448 zones and 71 rare nameds => 519 theoretical chances
    5 RC waists
    22 Leathery eggs
    0 myth weapons
    0 myth helms
    0 ancients
    0 ethreals

Instead, the drop rate of the ethereal weapons into positive correct it seems to me rather than this was left and corrects the drop rate for mythical items into negative.

That's not funny, some very unfavorable run 35 instances and have the desired, then make this still fun of others and we are running instance for instance, every damn day from morning till late at night and nothing. :(

Every damn ethereal event what ever in EQ2 was always the same.
    Pixilicious and Beee like this.
  10. Tru of Guk Member

yeah i gave up...played maybe 3 hours total in last 48 (2 of those on beta)...priest eth still not disco'ed on Guk...bahahahahahahaha.

As another poster said "Congratulations DBG on the most epic failure for a promotion in quite some time!"
    Malleria likes this.
  11. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Best in slot, sure. Rare, sure. But if you clear the content almost 10 times a day its not unreasonable to expect that a handful of those runs will drop it and get a lot of use before they are trivialized by new content and items. 'Not everyone' is fine. Even 'most.' But almost nobody who are completing dozens of runs? It really seems like the grouping rate is falling off WELL before even the targeted 'low' amount of eths enter circulation, especially with a time limit.

Every player wants to be a hero. Few want to realize that they can do everything correctly and still are almost guaranteed to never get it.
    Pixilicious and Malleria like this.
  12. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I gave up as well unless people I know specifically ask me to help them on groups, even then its not really going for eths, but helping friends. In the mean time I am playing another 'Fantasy' game. They do this weird thing where all of the best items have established tasks to complete to have a much more than 'rare' chance at a reward. Its fun and quite literally rewarding.
    Gillymann likes this.
  13. Wurm Well-Known Member

Well over 200 zones ran, 1 ethereal drop. So much for the "SUMMER ETHEREAL EVENT!"
  14. Tru of Guk Member

what game neiloch?
  15. Margaritas Active Member

This is depressing. After taking some vacation, I don't even want to play anymore. :(
  16. Ynnek Well-Known Member

There's a lot of that going around.
  17. Matttx Member

just wanted to give an update:

303 instances ran so far:

8 RC waists
    19 Leathery eggs
    0 myth weapons
    0 myth helms
    0 ancients
    0 ethereals

Fixed the drop rates my ***....... I don't even want to play anymore.
  18. Raenius Well-Known Member

Personally I only had the mage one drop. I traded it for the priest one for my wife, while I bought my tank one from a guildie.

And I doubt letting them drop from mission crates are a solution, because if you did your daily pensum and none dropped you are finished for the day and you dont have any more chances.
    After all, it will still be RNG.

Altho most people will think I am a troll now, in my opinion the droprates are okay. Weapons are tradable after all, you get lots of plats by running zones / selling shinies and/or gear.
    So in the end you might be able to buy the one or other ethereal from the lucky ones.

Plus, there are at least 2 more weeks for 1st wave and a few more waves are incoming during the next months - so plenty of time/opportunities incoming to grab a weapon.
  19. Margaritas Active Member

Yes, the drop rate is excellent because you already have what you want and you won't be missing out when these go away.

I'm not counting zones, but running every zone 3x a day and not a single drop is just .. mind boggling. This isn't a summer event. It's summer RNG failure.
  20. Tru of Guk Member

Raenius says " in my opinion the droprates are okay. Weapons are tradable after all, you get lots of plats by running zones / selling shinies and/or gear.
    So in the end you might be able to buy the one or other ethereal from the lucky ones."

you do realize not all the ethereals have been disco'ed across all the servers yet right? glad you were able to get the 2 you needed though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.