Don't Miss This Summer's Ethereal Weapons Drops!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Ratza Well-Known Member

Why only allow each set to drop for 1 month?.....why not let them "all" drop over the summer....they are already hard enough to get without making them even more restrictive/rarer.
  2. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I fully understand the dilemma facing those trying to make that transition from Solo to grouping.

In the old days, we had a lot active. These days, not so much. I have helped multiple guildies get to level 100, with the intent of running Heroics as a team. As Guild Leader, I didn't want to go run Pugs, while someone needs help in Guild, that is my style. My goal has been to run these as a Guild.... As Rocket says, "I did not have time to work out the"minutia of the plan" It is hard to get enough peeps online at the same time to run. *sigh*

Since we roll with a friendly atmosphere, I don't want to just add folks to a group that will harass someone (ofc I can kick, but the damage is done). Some players just know they are good...others, you kind of have to coax into running. Those folks could end up being so uber if they try! They just need support, not picked over like a dead duck mount. ;)

Kitty
    Charlice, Belenos and Furrow like this.
  3. Rawl Well-Known Member

I think it has been the philosophy of EQ ever since the beginning to encourage group play. That being true, they've promoted grouping and raiding to encourage people to do those things. I'm pretty sure, if people could get the ubber loot gear by soloing, most people would go that route rather than the longer, more involved and time consuming route of raiding and/or grouping.

If you want ubber loot and/or gear, the only options have always been to group or raid. I don't think changing that would improve the game. I think making adjustments to the stats of solo obtained stuff, making it a bit better, but not quite as good as group/raid obtained stuff would be a reasonable request. If one is seldom going to raid or group, the gear they wear doesn't have to have stats that are necessary for grouping or raiding.

Here is a suggestion: How about making the stats on gear adjust according to whether you are in a group or soloing. If you join a group with another player character, then the stats convert to stats appropriate for grouping. When you leave the group, the stats return to stats appropriate for a solo playing person. (They currently have conditional stats on stuff already, so I think this idea may be something that could be implemented.)
    Rynda likes this.
  4. rutro Well-Known Member

Here is the thing- They don't encourage grouping. To encourage grouping would be something like putting good, useful drops in ALL low level and new zones. It is designed to give the whining raiders that pawn these zones something to do. What they will find out is that is all that is going to be left playing this game.
    With that said, the only reason people did the old dead zones was to pwr level. People do not even do that anymore. The class Epic Weapons haven't been updated in forever....anyway....later! They create these for the few that do heroic dungeons instead of improving drops in the older zones and or updating the Epic Rep....quest....amazing...looks like the Japanese got out of this game right in time...LOL!
  5. cherica Member

Thank you Longstocking, one more class of player not getting a lot of love are the solo peeps that want to raid. I was in a busy raid guild that has only a couple of people on at any time now just no way to put enough together to raid and gear has deteriorated to the point I am not competitive on any of my 10 level 100 toons. Not having the time to make a Full time job of chasing gear is where I got lost. I think it is where many people finally tossed in the towel . There only seem to be 2 groups doing heroics on our server judging by the auction channel for the most part. Sorry Daybreak guess you should have checked this old hoss' teeth before you bought it. Personally I think you can revive it but not if you plan on following the path it is on now as that is what got it into this shape
    Rynda likes this.
  6. temptrss New Member

I see several people complaining about not getting groups. Join an active guild instead of sitting in a dead guild. Get people together. Start the group yourself. You have to be active and not sit on the sideline and wait for something to happen. Our guild isn't huge but we raid and run groups constantly. Gearing up the ones who don't have good gear and running hard zones for those who do have the gear. Instead of complaining make a difference and do something.
    Goreganis, Ratza and Akathu like this.
  7. Akathu Member

To all the people complaining about not being able to get a group and get the ethereals.......you can do the dino zones in ad solo gear with handcrafted jewelry easily. Also, don't you see that these weapons are good for pugs? Not only are they items that can benefit any class and be an upgrade, but they drop in all aom heroics so they've made zones like dinos and pirates relevant to people who don't normally run them anymore. And lastly, of course the best stuff is gonna be for 100 toons, but guess what? Not only are the lvl 100s PAYING customers, but there is lvl 95 ethereals in game, lvl 80 mythical weapons, and fabled weapons for every level so complaining that the lvl 100 toons are getting all the good loot is silly. Imagine that, people who invest in the company get a few perks.....
    Goreganis likes this.
  8. cherica Member

I see several people complaining about not getting groups. Join an active guild instead of sitting in a dead guild. Get people together. Start the group yourself. You have to be active and not sit on the sideline and wait for something to happen. Our guild isn't huge but we raid and run groups constantly. Gearing up the ones who don't have good gear and running hard zones for those who do have the gear. Instead of complaining make a difference and do something

sigh lol obviously not from GUK
    Goreganis likes this.
  9. Seriously Member

Um...what?

"...leveling in EQ2 is not as insane as WOW or other MMOs."

10. Goreganis Member

No complaints here, thanks for the new additions DayBreak, looking forward to more soon. Keep up the good work. :)
    Akathu likes this.
  11. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I'm sort of at the top of these suggestions and its really not working out lol. Only thing left is to xfer to a 'high' (properly) populated server like AB. How cross server DF isn't at the tip-top of the list is a mystery to me.
  12. Gemo Member

Would be nice if there was some kind of way to track how many times you kill an end boss and then raise the drop rate based on how many times you have ran it vs how many non drops you get. I guess for some reason or another making these common or more common drops would break the game or something. I understand you have to work for stuff, I've had pretty good luck finding ethereals when they come out, but crappy luck on the last ToV jewelry, but I ran as many zones for that as the others, if not more, and ended up with NONE. I don't even think I SAW any of the ethereal jewelry drop in ToV, and that really sucks for the amount of time I invest into this. Everybody wants one of these, you know it, we know it, why not just throw the people a bone who run the instances over and over, helping keeping this thing running during the SLOW summer months, that's the whole reason for them anyway, and give people more a hope of getting one. Hell I haven't even seen on my server anybody loot an ethereal, how do you think that makes others feel about their chances to get one? This is just like the mercenary crates with random chance to get what you want. We don't play this game to play the lottery, or gamble, which is what that is, legal gambling with real money, not sure why it's even allowed to happen other then you don't get money back for your efforts. This is turning into one of those con games, with the three cups and the ball, with DBG always knowing where it is, and I hesitate to say, making sure it's not found more then found. Frustrating people during the most miserable months of the year for ANYBODY to spend indoors and on a computer is not going to help. Thanks for reading the Rant if you did, if not you didn't miss much. I go now to run these damn zones over and over with a 1% or less chance to see an ethereal, and then the whatever chance to win the roll between 6 people. Oh and making them able to trade is nice, but selling on the broker, anyway to prevent that? Then all that's going to happen is people who don't want them anyway, sell them, and the only people who can afford are the dupers or krono sellers. Guess this is turning into a pay to win game too. So much potential and it's getting flushed. Okay now the Rant is over haha, for now...
  13. Merriel Well-Known Member

Not interested...nuff said! I don't do heroics and won't be paying the hundreds or thousands of plat other players will be selling these for, so again, you have not targeted my play style in this update. Still no incentive to renew my AllAccess on my secondary account. :/
    Halanna likes this.
  14. Shesaz Active Member

15. hwy101 Active Member

Classic Whine about the whiners.... Holy crap is right. Lmao yer funny!! o_O Go play dead.
  16. chattie Well-Known Member

Just one statement, maybe two or three, lol I do some group but solo by are the most. So, my statement, I can do the advanced solos with the toons that I have finished the questline on, so why would I complain about gear that comes only from Heroics if I don't need it to do what I am doing alreay?

I think some folks are constant complainers and last thing I have to say on the subject. Life isn't a free ride, there is a cost to everything, if you want it you have to be willing to pay the price.and I think today's mentality of "You Deserve" has inspired a bunch of crybabies who haven't learned that yet. Just MHO folks.
  17. Bludgeoner New Member

Those complaining, about players whining, uh... those whining players are conveying concern for a game they ALSO pay to play.

Having significant weapon drops, dropping so rarely, and for such a short time, and to only be able to use said drop for such a limited time, is nonsense. They should have been available from AoM release.

Can't wait till you who B*tch about players voicing their concern, have no players left to play with. You Elitist bunch, ruin every single game there is, and look around afterwards shaking your head saying: "what happened to this game I love...?"
    hwy101 likes this.
  18. hwy101 Active Member

But are you not complaining about someone complaining? One time someone who payed a sub considered what you are saying to be the voice of a "Crybaby" Yer Funny Just MHO o_O
  19. Frey New Member

Why even add lvl 100 it just makes it easier. The heroic characters are just like that. EQ2 is getting way to easy. Give it a challenge by reducing the max down to lvl 95 again or something like giving lvl 100 enemies a higher lvl. Just please make it harder.
  20. WrongAccount New Member

Actually, it would be neat and likely make a lot of players happy if appearance versions of the ethereals dropped in Advanced Solo zones. Then soloers wouldn't feel left out, and groupers wouldn't think the soloers were getting something they didn't "deserve/earn".