Shattered Seas: Temple of Doom

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by TrulyVexed, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Mashef Member

This is broken, no combo of spells works for me at 98 as a wizard. The abilities don't do enough damage and the heal doesn't heal enough. Might be easier on my SK.
  2. Corydonn Well-Known Member

Ok, The mobs actually move really slowly so you can run around the room and hit the 3 attack buttons while staying out of their range.

The problem? Hitting the defensive buff will kill you if you do this because when you gain in combat movement speed, Epic mobs will match your speed... So don't use it.
  3. sarasi New Member

After gaining 30% exp dept, checked what ToV gear i was wearing, removed Fanatics Stud, easy after that never had to heal myself, just kept the defensive buff up...hope that helps someone x
  4. Gharyn Well-Known Member

Kiting doesn't work. Yeah, they move super slow until you move and then they move as fast as you do. I've tried it with and without the defensive buff - doesn't matter. The description on the buff sounds like it is meant to be kited but if that's the case then it's not working right. And as soon as they reach you, you die so I'm not sure the 75% damage reduction is working either. Not sure if 55 billion hps is excessive for an x4 but there's no way I'm going to kill him before he gets to me. Think I got him to 70% on my best try. And as for the 10% heal... HAH!!

Don't have to kill me two dozen times before I figure something isn't right. One dozen is enough, thank you very much!
  5. Gharyn Well-Known Member

Oh, and I'm wearing a mixture of ToV overcharged and raid gear and nothing that does damage to myself.
  6. Spurn Member

This is an incredibly annoying fight. Even wearing the best mitigation and stamina gear I can, in defensive stance, I just can't soak the damage long enough. The closest I've gotten is kiting them around the outside (10 percent or so) but eventually you start to fall behind on the healing and get stomped!

I've tried kiting, with or without the defensive buff. Nope!
    I've tried standing in the blue beams and its fine until they get close, but when they do you get stomped. If you try and switch beams, they stomp you faster! Doesn't really matter if you let them get close, or switch early...you get stomped.
    Doesn't seem to make a lot of difference what order I do them in, still get stomped.

There doesn't seem to be a way to push them back or hold them - in a beam and they are slow (but not slow enough), out of a beam YOU are fast, but not quite fast enough!

Maybe on a tank with damage prevents and oodles of health, but on my breakable scout? Nuh-uh!

I know, I know, it's easy and I'm missing something but for the life of me 30 deaths and multiple strats later I have no idea what...
  7. Lenolian Active Member

Are you guys using something else thant the abilities on the new hotbar ? just trying to guess what could be diferent between people that manage it and people that get one shot every time.
  8. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

After taking a closer look at the event, I believe I know what the issue is. I need to confer with the original designer to make sure I'm not missing anything, but we should be able to get a fix in relatively soon.
    Glundar and Loredena like this.
  9. Frazzled New Member

I don't believe the quest spells on the hotbar are working correctly. As the one spell is NOT knocking back its target, nor is it slowing them in anyway. The middle mob (Shissar) is working correctly. However the other two East and West do not. They are not affected correctly by the debuff.

However this isn't the end all... I was able to complete it with a twist as a 98 Wizard in ToV fully gemmed Potent gear.

I used a healer merc the Templar or Inquisitor works. Kenny and the new Merc wasn't enough to keep me healed.

Just my two coppers..
  10. Trickykell Member

I went in with a wizzy friend, we were both 100, potent gear plus ethereals etc. Was one shot the first couple tries, basically just spammed the defensive buff after that with the heal while damage spell, used the heal in between and spammed the other 2 damage spells if we had full health. Not sure why we were one shot the first tries, also I seemed to take more damage than my friend even though I'm a templar. I think it's because I was 100 on threat meter.. but seemed to go really smooth and easy our third attempt, got them all down no problem, think zoning in with a friend is a bonus since 2 of you can work on them. Not sure if having someone with you is by design or an accident, but we were able to zone in as a 2 person group. Also we did the side adds first before doing the big guy in the middle, no clue if that made a difference or not.
  11. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

I was having trouble here, but after reading this thread, cleared the three epics easily. Here's what I did:

I stood right next to the researcher, didn't move at all. Popped stamper, but I don't know if that made much difference. I started with the rhs mob, opened with shield and heal, then spammed damage ca's making sure to prioritize the heal and shield every time it was up. Never got below 90% health on first mob.

Pulled lhs mob next. This one definitely hits a lot harder, and he had me down to about 20% at times, but i got him doing same thing i did on first mob.

Then I pulled middle mob, same thing, and again, never got below about 90% health.

Note: I ran this in tov potent gear. Also, I took off my fanatics stud. Encounter was no problem.
  12. isest Active Member

I can say as a matter of fact, I am not getting the new hotbar with spell when I talk to the NPC. None of my spells work, I been told by others to use the new hotbar and only those spells. Well I deleted the quest 5 times tried 5 times, and reset the instance each time. I am not getting the new hotbar, is this a problem with running drums UI possibly. However you would still think you would get the new spells in your research book, and I did not even get those. I am in raid gear from last xpac on my coercer all of it gemmed up, and a couple of overcharged potent pieces. So the problem is not getting the new spell bar for the instance and the new spells. Oh well love getting stuck on the quest line, turned in a ticket. I guess I will have to run DM to get the last 2 levels.
  13. Shonshazzitt Active Member

That worked for me, stood in a blue circle, center one, right one then the left one, thanks for this walk thru =)
  14. Basta New Member

Possibly....I was running drums and never got a new hotbar or spells. Deleted Drums today and reset the zone to no avail. Later I will go back and delete the quest and see if that changes things.
  15. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

I use Drums, and hotbar was right there....
  16. Shmogre Well-Known Member

One thing to clarify: you get the hotbar and new spells *after* you kill the first batch of snaky guys. They look bad when you first see them [heroic ^^^], but when you target one, you'll see they start out at 7% health and are essentially "normal" mobs [as long as you take advantage of the blue pillars of light]. After you kill them, talk to NPC to get the hotbar, and back off and wait a bit...they slowly populate the new hotbar one spell at a time.

The fight is like Tabri said: use *only* the new spells, start by popping the shield first, then hit the longer duration attack, heal, short, short, then just cycle through them as they refresh, keeping a very close eye on the shield and heal, using them as soon as you can each time they pop.

Sounds like SOE is actively working on getting this balanced for squishier classes...with luck, between that and the strategy Tabri gave, more folks can be successful.
  17. Tabri Well-Known Member

No Problem worked with me I was also using the Skyshrine Archon inquisitor mercenary I dont know if that helps or not for anyone.
  18. Sepiriz New Member

Did it easily with my Defiler 2 days ago. Just using the spells on the bar, keeping the shield buff up and pressing other buttons as they came available. Never dropped below 90% (after getting one shot once for forgetting the shield buff ;).

Today with my Dirge it is totally different. I get destroyed in 3-4 hits no matter what i do or what combination of spells i use. There is something seriously iffy with that encounter. Both chars were wearing the quested equipement, nothing special or fancy .. pretty much 100% identical stuff.

I'll just lean back and wait for that to be fixed. It caused enough frustration already :(
  19. Gargamol Member

This is terrible, please fix this today, don't wait for Tuesday when your big signature quest line that blows up at the end here.

650k+ dmg in 2 seconds with the "75% dmg reduction" on, died about 30 times trying different things, stuff with the glowing pillars, kiting, different specs, my raid gear from last xpac, full resist and mit gear from this one... its just totally broken.
  20. Gargamol Member

Bleh, I give up... I thought I'd try kiting and all, randomly it goes well, I get hits for 70k or so which I'd think is what it was meant to be. But most pulls I"m getting 300k+ hits and every second (sometimes twice in once second) and I'm dead.

Oddly they seem to be snared or slow or whatever when you pull them, but the second you move they fire out at you at top speed and eat your face. I can get them to 60 or so just standing and trying to kill them as they slowly get to me, but then they do and I'm one shot (yes with the protect spell up.