Two handed

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Jedicake, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Duele Active Member

Done it. Not even close. And we are talking about 6% that I take potency over 6% CB. At the numbers we are getting to in CB that is nothing.

Sure, CM would be nice and would help close the gap some. But there would still be a large difference. And unlike Brawlers that get to TANK while keeping their avoidance while DW'ing or using a 2h Crusaders have to shield up for survivability which than causes their auto attack DPS to plummet (despite having 25% base mod). Not to mention no sane group/raid is going to group up a Brawler/Crusader in the same group. Thanks though for pointing out the overpowered buff Brawlers provide for utility.

I love how you talk about 2h is definitely inferior to DW and I mention the most simple, logical solution to make 2h viable for the classes that can't DW, that 2h is supposed to be the max DPS option for them. And once again you are so afraid that other tanks might actually catch up to Brawlers in this game that you immediately try to negate it.

Same old tricks.

PS - Dragonfire is OP'd
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

Really Crusaders suffer from 2h because of the imbalance from them. Brawlers are lucky in that they can DW or 2H and not lose any defense. Warriors and Crusaders alike lose out by doing so. The whole 2H VS DW argument has been around since KoS (and probably before). I am not sure what they could do to fix it, how can 1 weapon hittnig 8 times (assuming 1000% MA) be better than 2 weapons each hitting 8 times?

To compensate a 2H would,
    - have to proc twice as fast as DW (so a 1.2 Trigger becomes a 2.4 trigger)
    - Have to have twice the Blue Stats
    - Have to have 2 White and 2 Red Slots OR Have 4 white slots.
    - Have double the Green stats.

And that is just on paper... to which I am probably inaccurate on some points.
  3. Bchizzle Active Member

Same old tricks is you trying to re-tso your class. Dragonfire is crazy OP I agree but so is chaos cloud whats your point. A brawler at max dps doesnt have any avoidance and you know this. Knight stance exists as a replacement for not dwing it shouldnt be available with a 2 hander plain and simple. Are you saying as a sk you arent parsing at the top end of all tanks if so then you probably are just bad.
  4. Davngr Well-Known Member

the answer is to fix 2H. yes, allowing crusaders to use the 25% bonus for now would not be overpowerd but if they fix 2H down the line it will be and further more before any buffs to damage they need to fix/change/remove reckless stance.
  5. Duele Active Member

Ya, because catching up on auto attack DPS while using a 2h losing avoidance is going to go back to TSO SK days. Heck, we could roll back to TSO SK days and Brawlers would still be the tanks of choice in todays game.

You and your silly arguments. Let me guess you only want 2h to do more damage if your class can use them for more damage right? Just like it kills you to see them improve Crusaders at all by allowing them to cast on the run...SO GAME BREAKING.

I mean if the 25% to base multiplies out so well why aren't Crusaders auto attacking anymore than they were before while going 1h+shield? I mean with your Blanka math Crusaders with 1h+shield should be doing more auto attack DPS than anybody because of how OP'd it is right?
  6. Genghes Active Member

i would like to see some love for 2h weapons, those weapon types should be given some sort of bonus to at least be on par with dw. I'm not against crusaders getting some bonus as well as warriors with 2 hands weapons. those classes lose a lot of tanking when using them.
  7. Bchizzle Active Member

Again. If you are gaving so much trouble already parsing at the top of the tanking chain as an sk then maybe you just arent that good.
  8. Duele Active Member

No, the problem is that as arguably the most defensive tank in the game YOUR class can parse just as much on AE and significantly more on ST. Lets not even talk about when a SK has to shield up for tanking. Bruisers are just as broken due to being too defensive.

So ya, maybe its not what Crusaders parse. Its what Brawlers get to do that is broken.

Unless you want to see both Brawlers nerfed hard if I were you I would just sit back and enjoy being the most OP'd tank for the longest duration since this game has launched.
  9. Bchizzle Active Member

Sorry I don't play bruiser. I play monk, but you do have a history of trying to lump the two classes together as one but I understand how that is a hard concept for you. Also guards are easily the most defensive of tanks, you would know this if you had any knowledge about this game that spread beyond you consistently just trying to get your utility tank Sk more and more dps every expansion.
  10. Duele Active Member

2h =/= DW

2h should = DW

At the least should fix it for the Fighter class that can't DW.

Easy fix is taking away shield requirement on Knights Stance which is not OP'd.
  11. Bchizzle Active Member

Actually no they arent arguably the most defensive. Guards have been better hands down since immunity to strikethrough was put on temps only and they were pretty close even before that. I am lol'ing so hard that you are claiming your SK is underpowered, what a joke.
  12. Duele Active Member

Not suprising that what you "know" is completely wrong still. Fortunately I have never expected you to know anything and have never relied on anything that you think you know.
  13. Bchizzle Active Member

SK is underpowered right? Needs more faceroll.
  14. Duele Active Member

Your denial is so strong.
  15. Bchizzle Active Member

I like how you say DW should equal 2H then you proceed to only want it to be equal for crusaders, you are a champion of imbalance nothing you ever say serves any purpose but to make your class OP.
  16. Epixz Member

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... wait for it

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA NO
  17. Boli Active Member

Lets be honest.... as long as recklessness stays how it is benefiting crusaders more than other tanks there is no chance of anything being done to adjust 2handers.
  18. Duele Active Member

You do realize that both Brawlers get just as much out of Recklessness as Crusaders right?

Really even if they made 2h = DW for DPS the classes that can are still going to DW with equal tier weapons due to the increased number of procs they get. Not to mention for a Warrior it is faster to switch from DW to 1h+shield.

25% base to auto attack is not nearly as much of a DPS increase as what a couple monk-eys on here want you to believe. Even if that is not the answer something should be done to put 2h weapons where they should be for Crusaders, which are the 2h wielding class. In EQ1 there were specifically Crusader only 2h weapons that were better for tanking having defense on them and with a much longer delay you took a lot less damage from damage shields. There should be Crusader AAs that customize using 2h for both more DPS and for being able to tank with.

Brawlers need nothing more in this game for a while, and Warriors should have reasons to focus on DW'ing.
  19. Bchizzle Active Member

It is impossible for him to be honest.
  20. Boli Active Member

Recklessness gives a "significant increase" to Brawlers, but it almost doubles Crusader DPS.
    two-handers are not gonna change... deal with it.