ZEK-a server dying-I propose a solution

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sniperfire, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I think you misunderstand. He's not saying to make Zek a Test server. Just to give it a feature to copy to it, like Test has now.

This is actually a really good idea, and I say that as somebody who doesn't care about PvP in EQ. It's a simple concept, involves functionality that already exists, and allows people to see how they feel about EQ PvP without a major commitment. I'd support it, even if I didn't use it.
    Funk likes this.
  2. Whulfgar Augur

Every single person ive ever met from Zek.. That has left zek cited 2 main reasons.. First being raid forces abusing positions of power in said raid force .. Secondly.. Way to many people use outside game stuff to help with there actual lack of skill in pvp.

Me personally its rather easy if people wanted to be there on the pvp servers.. They would alreqdy BE.. On the pvp servers. No incentives or any bribery needed..
  3. Gundolin Augur

So I currently raid two - three times a week (twice with my guild and a third time on open raids for old content). And I'm going to add another night of raiding for no possible advancement so I can try raiding the same content on a PvP server? I could see me doing it once or twice, but without the possibility of advancement I'd think it would get old fairly fast.

If they could make it so my blue account got some benefit from it though it would make it more of a opportunity. Like the coins you earn are transferable back to your blue account, or at least xp pots for wins? I could be wrong, there could be a lot of raiders out there with lockouts that would like to try raiding more and don't care about gaining loot, xp, or anything else.
  4. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

What? Why would you raid on the PvP server? Just do what you do now, and then if you have spare time and interest you can copy over to Zek to try some PvP. That's it.
    Funk likes this.
  5. Sniperfire New Member

We have functional guilds on test, and people have different interests than you do. I would suggest people try to keep the discussion on point; What do you think of the idea, not what you think of zek or pvp.
  6. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I already posted in support of the idea, I think you misunderstand. The person i was responding to basically said "i already raid 3 times a week on a blue server, why would I raid a 4th on a red server?" And I was pointing out that your idea wasn't for him to come raid a 4th night a week, but for him to be able to come check out Zek, for PvP or whatever reason.

It doesn't sound like he's interested in raiding more on another server, which is why it was odd for him to say that when nobody else brought it up. I guess I could have made that more clear.
    Funk likes this.
  7. Gundolin Augur

Strange not sure why I thought the basic idea behind this thread was to get more raiders for Zek servers.
  8. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Fair enough, I thought that was more of a background on the situation than the actual point of the thread though. Other than wanting to raid more, there isn't much reason to raid on a character copied to Zek from a live server you already raid on. I assumed the concept was that you could copy over fresh whenever you wanted so you could use your live character on Zek. At that point, the PvP would be the main draw. I wouldn't copy to Test to do things I already can do on a live server, other than for the actual purpose of testing. The same would go for Zek, no reason to transfer unless it's for PvP. Unless of course you enjoy the server and decide to stay, but then your raiding would switch over anyway.
    Gundolin and Funk like this.
  9. Whulfgar Augur

So this entire thread comes down to you wanting more everquest pvpers..

Good luck.
  10. Gerbert New Member

I think it's more about him grasping onto the threads of a server that's no longer interesting to people. They don't have enough raiders and, if you read the OP again, that's what it's really about. It's not about the PvP. There are plenty of options to accommodate what he/his guild are looking to do, but it needs to happen on Zek apparently.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  11. Sniperfire New Member

Again I am not looking to hear your opinions about pvp or Zek..

But since you wont stop..We enjoy pvp we have spent 15 years building characters on the server. Our server is dying(in part due to lack of attention from the dev team)

All I am trying to do is keep the game I love alive. Why do you insist on trolling the thread. you disagree and hate pvp, we get it.
    Funk likes this.
  12. Whulfgar Augur

But didnt op state its not about getting more people to raid ??
  13. Sniperfire New Member

I mean, I started the thread....
  14. Gerbert New Member

So run around and PvP. Your issue is with the lack of raiders. If you want raiders go to a server with a population of active raiding guilds and have at it. Asking, and now blaming, the devs for a solution to a problem that already exists is asinine.

You won't lose your 15 years of character growth so that's not even worth mentioning. Did you throw a fit when your tape collection was no longer the industry standard?
    Whulfgar likes this.
  15. Lily Augur

Didn't you post this word for word a few months ago? Regardless, the answers were basically the same. The biggest objection is that fully raid geared, level 110 players can come over and destroy most of other players.
  16. Sniperfire New Member

You are just cherry picking things out of context to be a troll. Done responding to you about something you have nothing to do with. We ran you off Zek years ago. Stop trolling my post before I really start calling you out.
  17. Bobsmith Augur

Serious question, how does player as damage work in a raid on PvP server?
    Whulfgar likes this.
  18. Whulfgar Augur

You may any time you wish. Those that know me know I am not what you claim me to be. I merely ask questions. If those questions put you or this thread in a negative light.

Whats that say about you or this thread ?
  19. Tweak Journeyman

Lol its hard to read the discussion through the rampant trolls whose only input is one of "Zek sucks and isn't worth the time"

The ones talking about raid gear are clearly not Zek players. Raid gear means squat on Zek. You can kill people to this day easily in TBM vendor gear vs raid gear if you have even the slightest idea how to play your class. Raid geared players competing on Zek is not a worry for me or most other Zek players.

As for those talking about raiding being the issue or not, maybe try using some common sense. Of course it is about raiding, its also about pvp. They walk hand in hand on Zek and believe it or not people actually enjoy doing BOTH. People who like to pvp on Zek also like to raid and vice versa. As it sits now we are basically only getting half of what we are used to and we would like to find ways to change that.

I challenge any raid geared blue toon to transfer to Zek for a week and see how far that raid gear takes you lol. The idea of a test version of Zek is awesome and can only make the server more populated..which is what we want.
    Funk likes this.
  20. fransisco Augur

These posts happen every 1-2 months.
    PvP is hoplessly broken in eq and that won't change.
    Nothing can save zek
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.