ZEK-a server dying-I propose a solution

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sniperfire, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Ok, I missed the line in the first post about having more people to raid with. So I have to revise my original opinion. This idea is still a good concept, but it's not going to do anything for raiding on Zek. Why would you transfer all the people on Zek off to blue servers just so they can copy back to raid there? I thought the point was that they could go to blue servers where they could raid with other guilds, but still would be able to use their fully geared toon for PvP on Zek. If it drew enough players to Zek then maybe it would flip back the other way. But as soon as you move everybody over to live the ones who want to raid are going to go find guilds to do that with. Seems counter-intuitive if the point is raiding. If the point is more PvP, then it makes perfect sense. That's all I'm trying to say.
  2. Sniperfire New Member

It is for both guys...it will cause an influx of blue and red players..

It doesn't have to be one or the other.
  3. Sniperfire New Member

Instance go "blue" so same as any other server... Open world raids pvp flags are on and you can hit guildies with spells and aoe abilities
  4. Funk Augur

It's amazing to me how forum junkies come in just to shoot down an idea knowing full well they would not even participate. Why even post in here? Just stay on your blue server or whatever server and this affects you in no way. Instead you feel your opinion of this idea should be heard!...even though you would never /zekcopy. Go play the game as you are obviously not meant to be in this conversation, since you have nothing constructive to say.
  5. Maedhros High King

My thoughts about PVP servers in EQ.
    [IMG]
  6. Gerbert New Member

I think you're a bit out of touch with reality on this one, not you personally, but your expectations of what a fix like this would actually achieve.

Those who want(ed) to participate in PvP content, those who value that gameplay higher than raiding, would already be active on Zek. It should be of no surprise that as the player-base dwindles people have a tendency to move around, hence why they've done server merges and paid transfers in the past and to this day.

It's an unfortunate part of the life cycle of a game. I really liked playing Half Life online deathmatch. I played it religiously and I was good. Other games came along and peopled stopped playing it. I had to make a choice. Play with the same few people everyday and servers filled with meatsack bots or move to another game where at least I'd have people to play with.

I applaud you trying to do something for your dying server, I really do, but you'd be better off with a recruitment thread or having a serious conversation with your guild about the future of your server.
  7. Gerbert New Member

Sorry dude. When you take your opinions, criticisms, thoughts, facts, to a public forum expect people to voice the same. That is after all what a forum is:

a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

I could say the same to you. If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen.
  8. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

And I'm saying that it could be effective for one purpose (more people for PvP), but doesn't seem like it would be effective for the other (more people interested in Raiding). What would be the purpose of moving everybody off of Zek, if the moved toon was just going to sit there and they were going to continue to raid with the toon they copied back to Zek? If you want to improve both, maybe skip the move-off part of the idea and keep the copy to Zek part of the idea.

I still haven't said anything opposing your idea, I've supported it twice over at this point. But now that I understand it better I'm pointing out a potential flaw in one of your goals, not crapping on the entire idea. This is a discussion after all.
    Genoane likes this.
  9. Funk Augur

No, because I already stated I would participate and /zekcopy. I support the idea and would use it if implemented.

The people I was referring to however stated they would never participate as they believe pvp is broken or raid geared players would have advantage or just shut the dead server down....None of which is constructive. See the difference? So they are simply adding their two cents to discussions they should not be a part of. This qualifies as trolling sir.
  10. Sniperfire New Member

I actually meant to apologize for my earlier response, I was not directing it to you just being lazy and using your post to reply. I think you have been constructive and helpful through the process.
    Thankyou.
    Niskin likes this.
  11. eqzekisdead Augur

To give you an idea about how broken zek is, there is a level 18 mage right now with a fire pet that nukes for 17k damage.
    These broken pets have been in game since 2005.

Shut it down.
    Kierrah and Whulfgar like this.
  12. Bobsmith Augur

You called me out by name and I was in no way trolling. My first post was about the code aspect, then offering another viable solution. Your 2 post have been gripeing about others and a one liner about how you support it.....
  13. Sniperfire New Member

I see you are proud of your stats(they are in your signature)

You should come over to zek and get rounded.. You might find that player vs player is more of a challenge than following some other guilds raid strat on Fridays.
    Kierrah likes this.
  14. Aurastrider Augur

On idea would be a quarm style server where every 6 weeks or what ever time frame they decide the server would reset and all toons would poof. Maybe there would be a goal based reward or it would just be an event server. The content would also rotate so it keeps things interesting. But for this it would be all fresh toons and not a copy paste. I know this is not the perfect solution the OP is asking for but could be a neat experiment to see if there is even any interest in the PvP game. I don't object to them trying the copy paste I just think it will be to difficult to provide balance for someone in group gear who has no experience in pvp. It will be hard to even learn if you are dead before you even know you are in combat.
  15. Maedhros High King

Did you start a new forum account just to make a post about Zek? ROFL!
    You're cute cupcake.
  16. just_some_bard Lorekeeper

You 4 dudes who play on Zek still and who quarrel with eachother in general every night are out of your minds, truly. When my life is at its lowest point, I simply join Zek.General and I am immediately thrust forward to the highest, most optimum emotional state. A comaprison; the notion that it could always be worse.

No one gives even the slightest care about Zek except the 4 dudes who still play there and feed off each other's insanity. Get with the program. They need to revoke y'alls ability to post here. These circkle-jerk psychosis threads are getting old.
    Gerbert likes this.
  17. Sniperfire New Member

Everquest pvp has more to do with skill and situational awareness than gear. While gear matters; skill, understanding mechanics and general familiarity with pvp are far more important.
  18. fransisco Augur

is it locked yet?
    The best case sceenario of ANY of these threads (and they are all the same) is that more fresh meat appears on zek for a few weeks.
    Then everyone realize pvp on eq blows and is a case of who can 1 round who first.

Why is zek even open?
    Whulfgar likes this.
  19. gotwar Gotcharms

I support a once-per-character /zekcopy, so that I can run around spamming twincasted Mind Tempests on people. And like, raid or something. But mostly the first thing.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  20. Tiggold Augur

Give me NET every raid night first.
    gotwar likes this.