ZEK-a server dying-I propose a solution

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sniperfire, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Sniperfire New Member

That sir, is all I ask =)
  2. Aurastrider Augur

I realize this which is why in my logical rankings it would be Zek (or someone familiar with EQ pvp)>Raid gear with no pvp experince>group gear with no pvp experience. That last group would just get steam rolled and odds are they would never even have a chance to develop in a pvp environment. If the middle group was removed from the equation it might allow for more balanced encounters and let people learn the pvp system. I still don't think this is going to be a hit but I won't object to keeping those who enjoy pvp around. Who knows maybe a creative approach might suprise us all.
  3. Scorrpio Augur

First two years of EQ (99-00) I spent on Rallos. It quickly turned out to be a lit less exciting than originally anticipated. It was more of an annoyance. Like those drakes in SF... except everywhere. Oh and the drakes don't trash talk in haxx0r speak after nuxx0ring U.

Anyways, idea is not new. People who like to work on improving theur characters will continue doing so on their home servers, be it raiding, grinding, TS or what not. They have zero interest in padding out your flagging raid numbers. They often got flaghing raid numbers at home. People will zekcopy for one purpose only: to seek out and kill other players. Just for fun and with absolutely zero community backbite. For anyone still trying to do any kind of self-improvement in static zones it will be hell. Those who were on the fence about leaving are very likely to take tge free ticket and never look back.
    Now those who do come for PvP will be looking for easy pickings. They are used to steamrolling content in their raid gear. If said gear does give them heavy PvP advantage, any remainning locals will just have to bend over any time raiders log over to 'vent some steam'. If raid gear does little for PvP and visitors find their rears handed to them by the locals over and over, they will go home where they 'rule', never come back and things will be back at square one.

So while I frankly don't care either way, I think your idea will not improve the state if things on Zek. In fact, it might cause an exodus among whatever population is left.

Just my 2¢
  4. Zamiam Augur

Do we really need another 20+ page on Zek ?
  5. Sniperfire New Member

yep
    Kierrah likes this.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

Bingo.. This x1000%
  7. Titanuk88 Elder

let it die and wipe it clean

start a fresh zek server
  8. Sniperfire New Member

Welcome to the conversation,
  9. eqzekisdead Augur

They should have a final Best of the Best tournament before closing it.
  10. Funk Augur

Loved those, I stalemated with a Paladin in an all class death match way back, I was a Monk and we could not kill each other. GM finally called it. Damn I wish I could remember his name. And old guild wars were fun too.

There needs to be at least 1 active pvp server till the game dies in my humble opinion. And since it would be a little tough to get up to par from scratch there this idea of a /zekcopy makes perfect sense.

All sorts of people would /zekcopy just to try it at least...and who knows maybe some will stay! Players group and raid alike who have completed all the normal stuff and want to spice it up will check it out.

If you don't want to be a part of it..no problem! Stay where ever you are and continue to enjoy the game your way.
  11. Zamiam Augur

I wouldnt
  12. Sniperfire New Member

It looks like most people support the /zekcopy.. Come pvp with no commitment. I think this would be a fair compromise.
  13. eqzekisdead Augur

It's a good idea but the current EQ team can barely handle live servers, TLPs, and the problems with the new expansion right now. Asking for them to add in something that huge is too much.

I think the most realistic option they can do to help zek would be to give free gold access to the server.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. Caster Lorekeeper

We have suggested this as a fix for Zek, and for the dwindling group game on non-PvP servers for years, I have no idea why it hasn't been implemented. This would create new engagement for people who raid and group on their server but have downtime and want to try something new from time to time. There is zero risk to character progression, and essentially just makes Zek one big arena. In the years of these threads, I fail to have seen any constructive criticism of the idea.

If anything, FV would bolster this platform in allowing people to make and gear alts of all levels and copy them over to Zek for PvP.

Anyone against this idea really isn't engaging in any critical thinking; unfortunately no surprise in today's world.
  15. Aurastrider Augur

There is a new TLP PVP thread started all the time. Maybe post something on the TLP forums also assuming you can come up with a way to incorporate the TLP players into this server. A server like Agnarr where people will be perma locked might find this idea as an interesting alternative to making new alts to level to end game over and over. The trick to this again would be about balance since those people would not have access to defiant gear so if they went up against a level appropriate player from live with defiant it would be a challenge. Maybe in old world zones modern gear would not be useable?
  16. Titanuk88 Elder

17. eqgamer Augur

18. Kiriath New Member

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...for-blue-servers-and-zek.242442/#post-3564613

There's the simple logical answer linked above.

Personally I wouldn't transfer my main characters off of Zek, as many others wouldn't either. Nonetheless, allow bluebies the option to use the guild hall portal to travel to Zek as 99% of camp/content is unfarmed. They will have to deal with PVP but better than waiting for a camp you want to open up. =)

It's all around great for everyone. If it doesn't work, nothing is lost. If it does work whoever uses the option is happy, whoever doesn't isn't bothered.
  19. jeskola pheerie

I'm with the guy with the magnet.
  20. Critts Augur

TLP PVP wouldn’t be bad. Not saying I would ever go there for any reason what so ever.