Yo GM or Dev

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Frenzic, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Random_Enchanter Augur

Man them dwarfs sure did love there bone meal mead
    Crystilla and PrathunEQ like this.
  2. Steampunk Augur

Can you, or someone, explain one thing to me. I didn't realize the disparity was that extreme, but I knew it was pretty big and there is certainly room for a middle ground. However, I'm not seeing that middle ground at the moment. Or maybe I've been doing things wrong. I have been turning in bone chips to Gunlock Jure for, literally, years. Now, he is gone. That's not bumped down, that's bumped off. Or is he going to return with modified numbers? Or should I have been turning in to somebody else all this time?
  3. taliefer Augur

any chance we can get this logic applied to pet walling?~
    Fallfyres and PrathunEQ like this.
  4. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Sad earring of exploitation for life imo.
    Protocol and PrathunEQ like this.
  5. Kearstin Elder

the near instant respawn on skeletons in paineel was definitely in place in 2000, bone chip stacking means 5 times less storage space but is largely a non-factor and turning in stacks is irrelevant to the op who ran a script. you congratulated him for running that script and it would have had to run 100x longer without being able to turn in stacked quest items but seeing as the turn ins required no manual input the "worst case" would be the op would be unable to use that account for hours while it most likely still leveled faster than just about anyone else on the server without any human activity taking place.
  6. Porygon Augur

The issue was they couldn't change the exp levels for the quest without server reset I think. He eluded to that when he mentioned the"live zone blah blah"

I'd imagine you would see a server reset in the next few days. And this fixed.
  7. Banuvan Augur

So if I dload Questing for Macros and use it can I get a congrats from you too Praethun?
    Silv and Indrigoth like this.
  8. Machen New Member

Is the middle ground closer to what Felwithe used to be, or Kaladim? Even if you cut Kaladim's exp rate to a tenth of what it was, couldn't someone still do the same thing Frenzic did, only with 10x more bonechips? Might take 40 minutes of turnins instead of four... I am pretty sure there are people on Lockjaw who will still be collecting bonechips for Kunark launch if so, now that they've seen what it can accomplish.
  9. Blankslate Elder

So the Kaladim quest was an obvious "exploit". Why don't you show the rest of the EQ population that this kind of blatant exploitation will not be tolerated and roll back those that egregiously benefited from this obvious game bug. You will be saluted by 99.9% of the EQ gaming population. I'ts time to take a stand against those who continuously look for ways to game the system. Those of us who play the game as intended deserve this kind of integrity by those in charge.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  10. Machen New Member

Nice job reading the part where he said it wasn't an exploit.
  11. Xanumbik Augur

bone chip quest is a newbie quest and should stop giving exp at like level 10 its beyond cheesy to still get exp from this quest at max level, at least make people have to get bone chips from skeletons in their level range lol
    Steampunk likes this.
  12. Lotusfly Elder

You guys forgot how EverQuest works(ed). WoW has really tainted every ones mind.
    Motherlee likes this.
  13. Machen New Member

You know that there are now a lot of quests in everquest that are level restricted, right? Sure there weren't in 99, but we aren't in 99 any more, and these servers resemble how EverQuest work(ed) very seldomly.
    Xanumbik likes this.
  14. Xanumbik Augur

I dont play WoW but nice try !
  15. Silv Augur

So... it wasn't an exploit but it obviously wasn't supposed to still be working how it was in '99 but it was okay because... reasons?
  16. Machen New Member

Burning woods gives 2-3x more xp currently than it did in 1999. Is it an exploit to kill things there for xp?

The game changes. Players are constantly looking for the most advantageous ways to level. As the game changes, those most adventageous ways change.

In this case, the xp rate was not the result of a bug. It was the result of deliberate design changes that were working as intended but had unintended side effects.

If players were punished for taking advantage of things such as this, there wouldn't be a subscriber left standing, because every single one of us is "guilty" of it to some extent.
    Motherlee and Bigz_Zupdarty like this.
  17. Fallfyres Augur

--------------
    Admittedly the assumption on my part was made specifically because it is/was a normal quest turn-in. I disbelieve that this was brought to the attention of and a decision made to change it in its intended form. Something was being done in some sort of unacceptable way, comeon.
  18. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Most players aren't trying to abuse game mechanics at every turn just to get a leg up. We all know he uses M-Q, we all know he scripts his army, we all know he'd probably sell his family to be the best in a video game 15+ years old on content and claim it's an accomplishment....

Let's get away from saying "all players" most aren't here as a last shot of redemption to be "great" at some old video game.
  19. Nuttmeg Augur

Dev: Hey guys, we're going to allow pet casters to store reagents in stacks of 100. Others: Cool

Dev: Hey guys, NPCS are eating quest items that are stacked. We should change that. Others: Agreed.

Bot Farming Cheaters: Hey, the devs made a couple changes that left a gaping exploit for us! Yay. Let's level thorough Kunark in a couple minutes.

Dev: Ummm. No.
  20. Nuttmeg Augur

Whiny: But I've done it for 16 years, is not fair!

HATE cheaters and afk farmers.