Yo GM or Dev

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Frenzic, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Machen New Member

And none of those things were necessary to do what he did. Anyone who is willing to sit in one spot with a mage and hit the pet attack key for a few hundred hours could do the same, no scripts involved.
    Motherlee likes this.
  2. Vlerg Augur

pretty sure a script is necessary in order to sit still in order to kill that paineel skeleton over and over again for days, week and months on end yet remain sane. ( or to turn in several thousand bonechip in 4 minutes).

Wether or not he script isn't a question...
  3. Crystilla Augur

I guess I'd fall under that. Last time I took advantage of an exploit or "creative game play" was shrink ducking to get through the rock into the Hole.

Most of us don't even come close to those who assume 'just because it's in game means its ok to do' mentality.
    Motherlee and Fallfyres like this.
  4. Steampunk Augur

OK, how about the bone chip turn-in in Neriak? It's been a while since I did it, and I don't remember the NPC, but last time I did it I thought, "Well, that was a waste of time!" Is that one in line with the others, or does that need to be adjusted? As long as you are adjusting stuff that has been in the game for 16 years without ever causing a problem before, that is.
  5. Silv Augur

Apparently the dev team has decided to address all of the bugs in the game on TLP and Live starting with those from 16 years ago and then moving forward! Instead of like... the relevant ones now first :confused:
    Steampunk likes this.
  6. lalaloup Augur

One stack of 100 at level 1 gets a character to level 4 in kaladim. It's much less everywhere else, from what I remember of other towns, one stack at level 1 might get you to level 2.

It's not worth doing that way though, as skills seem to get stuck for long periods of time unless you've nabbed a couple levels first.

I mostly only use bonechips to keep a good level spread of charecters as I go through the game so I'm able to group with with people who don't have much time to put in to the game, or to help those people catch up a little.
  7. Steampunk Augur

I wanted to know the same thing, so I tested it out. I took a level 7 alt to Felwithe and turned in four bone chips to Yeolarn Bronzeleaf and got 2% xp. Then I ran the same character to Kaladim and turned in four bone chips to Gunlok Jure ( who has returned from being exiled for being too profligate with his order's resources). I got...... wait for it.......... zip nada zilch. Not even 1%. Sure sounds balanced to me.
  8. Steampunk Augur

With or without a script, doing this quest at level 50 is not even remotely sane.
  9. Prathun Developer

I tested this myself on progression with a level 7. The experience reward from Yeolarn Bronzeleaf in Felwithe and Gunlok Jure in Kaladim were exactly the same.
    Silv and Crystilla like this.
  10. Devante Lorekeeper

11. Porygon Augur

WHOA WHOA. You mean you have a character on the servers... Can I pl you. Are you looking for a guild?

Modest Man is recruiting!
    Silv, lockjaws and PrathunEQ like this.
  12. KumbayaMyLordNagafen Lorekeeper

If they'd just instance all raid content, none of these bone chip nerfs would be necessary!
  13. Mayfaire Augur

<Grave voice over> "And, on this date, it was the last anyone ever heard of the Everquest Developer who went by the name of Prathun. Although manhunts were sent out across Norrath, many fear the worst. If you have any info about Prathun's whereabouts, please contact Holly Longdale (but only via Twitter, omg)."
  14. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

But in this case, he's not wrong.

The arbitrary nature of the way this game is being run is pure LOL
    Frenzic likes this.
  15. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Welcome to modern gaming. The definition of "exploit" changed sometime in the last several years, apparently, to "anything anyone doesn't personally like or do." It's ridiculous. Last year playing ESO there were thousands of RPG type players calling MMO type players "exploiters" for things like farming tradeskill items and not reading all the quest dialogue. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so ever present and constantly annoying. In 35+ years of gaming, I've never seen a whinier, petty, or hyper judgemental generation of gamers like this one. And we wonder why games are all the same homogenized crap, now.

Collection quests for experience have always been a part of EQ. To actually do it to extremes one either had to do lots of work collecting or had to amass the plat to buy the items from players, both of which are time consuming. Both, as I recall, endorsed as legitimate play by Brad, himself, when he discussed the nerfing of the tonic quest which involved buying the turn in items from a vendor. An entirely different thing.

But fast forward to 2015 and enter The Krono. Now people can import resources from other servers and buy items with them on day 1 on a server. So that makes the above situation not so legit. So we have to nerf the most robust MMO down to the level of every other crap MMO...Everything must be on rails or it makes the whiners whine. Kinda like EQ2.

Where are these devs from again?
    Motherlee, lalaloup and Steampunk like this.
  16. Banuvan Augur

Not so much that he used the quest to level up honestly. It's the fact he's a known user and admits it in multiple places. It's a good assumption that he used a script to turn bone chips in since he did level up so quickly at the opening of kunark.

Then you have Praethun sitting here giving him a high five and congrats for doing it. GG on that one!
    Indrigoth likes this.
  17. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

That's cause cheating isn't illegal. If you aren't botting, scripting etc.. you aren't playing TLP EQ.
  18. Steampunk Augur

Darn.... I guess I can't play TLP EQ, then. And here I thought I had been having fun.
  19. Prathun Developer

Really?
  20. Aneuren Tempered Steel

I think some people don't appreciate the art of an excellently drafted backhanded compliment. I quite liked your original reply in this thread, but I may have been reading into it ;)