XP Updates Coming to Phinigel, Ragefire & Lockjaw

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Feb 5, 2016.

1. kain200 Augur

Anyone know when these changes will go up on test? I think that usually they put updates like this on test for a week before putting it on live right? I'm really hankering to play but it just isn't worth resubbing before I know for sure that the exp increase is substantial.
  2. EQvet Elder

Don't do it kain! You won't get laid!
  3. Numiko Augur

it wont show on test because test already is set at 100% faster then the normal live servers....
  4. EQvet Elder

You guys realize that to raid your going to be required to play at a scheduled time and it's going to take longer than the 37 minutes your allowed to play right? Faster exp is the least of your worries. Oh and max lvl with no raiding = borrrrrrrrrring.
    Venthos likes this.
  5. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

This is honestly my biggest gripe with the "we want faster exp" argument. While I do welcome the increase in the exp rates on Phinnigel I really don't think it'll help casuals the way they think it will. I've said it countless times before on the old exp rate thread, if you struggled to get to level 50 in 2+months of playing you won't ever be able to raid anything relevant in era. Even if the exp rates are increased to 7000% of what they currently are you are just going to get "stuck" somewhere else. You can already see this with the people (already) crying over the VP key quest. Here is the only difference the faster exp will make over the people that quit over slow exp:

Slow Exp
    Level 19 Pleb: "Damn this takes too long, I'm going back to minecraft"

Fast Exp:
    Level 50 Pleb: "Damn this key quest/flag/guild app process/raid/monster mission takes too long, im going back to minecraft"
    Venthos likes this.
  6. kain200 Augur

Oh thats too bad. I'm confused though, how are they to test if the new implemented exp rates are at the level that they want them? I *think* I remember when RF had its beta period they adjusted the exp rate based on player feedback a bit. Its been since way back so I might be remembering this incorrectly.

Either way, would they just throw the change out to live without actually testing how it affects exp gain rates for people at different character levels, etc? This seems off. Or perhaps there isn't much actual "adjustment" going into all this and they're just plopping on an increase and calling it a day.

I think it would be neat of them to make some adjustments to different level ranges. The biggest problem currently is the abysmal low level rates. Even if they only increased exp at level 1-20 it would be awesome. Everyone knows thats the point of the game that just sucks hard because you don't have any of your good skills or spells yet. If they made it more of an increase at those low levels but not as big of an increase at the higher levels, that would fix a major problem and make most of us happy while not bothering the couple of people who don't want the increase quite as much since it will only majorly change the low level game.

Man I just hope the patch comes sooner rather than later in the month. I'm really itching to play again on this server. Other than the exp rate, all the other rules are pretty much exactly what I wanted in progression. I remember begging for instanced raids from way back on RF!
  7. Numiko Augur

the same way they set the exp rate on phinny in the first place:

[IMG]
    Drexll likes this.
  8. Numiko Augur

I have not been on a raid since 2005... thanks for letting me know I've been bored for these last 11 years! :rolleyes:
  9. EQvet Elder

Np. Religion is also made up. Lol not telling you anything but my opinion bruh. But mark my words people will be right back here at max level after the exp boost crying about how they need to make solo/group raid instances or something like that. Cool emoji: here.
    Venthos likes this.
  10. RealMugatu New Member

They didn't make a mistake. They deliberately set a ridiculous XP rate to net them more money in potion sales. I'm SHOCKED that they are changing it before the 50-60 grind though.
    Drexll and Meregil like this.
  11. Numiko Augur

If you had stated "in my opinion" I would have had no problem with your post, but it looked to me like you were making a blanket statement of fact the way it was worded.

And really I agree with you, no matter what the exp rate will be set at someone will complain about it, or some other aspect of the game they do not like. (pet mitigation or lock out timers or whatever)
  12. kain200 Augur

Hecks yeah buddy! Just saw that the test update is going in today. That likely means that we get the real update next wednesday!

I really hope we get it next week. I was worried they would hold it back till the end of the month.
  13. kenmei Augur

Here's what gets me, I posted a nice heart-felt post in a thread that no longer seems to exist or got merged, but the post is gone too, no access to it.
    Basically, summing it up... DBG has lied, exploited the lie for even greater gain, and now forced to...
    You know what?
    Forget it, I'm not giving money to liars, and those that go around changing and deleting posts for calling them out for their bad behavior.
    Didn't realize I was still supporting SOE.
    Well, I'm not any longer.
    Though I did notice today, Phinny at 11a pst, was same pop as FV. Seems your great plans are working out well. Not a full server on the list.
    Drexll likes this.
  14. Trevalon Augur

I don't really think this is true at all. While there are some outlier zones such as VP and Vex Thal that many people wont see, this isn't because of low playtime. Those quests are quite doable with only 10 hours a week playtime. What makes those quests impossible is that certain people on this game think they are still 15 years old and its "cool" to purposefully block other people from doing things in the game. EQ is the epitome of a bunch of 30 year old guys acting like 15 year old boys.

As it is, you can accomplish everything in era with 10 hours a week and it is scheduled time, so it is easier for that casual to make it because he can schedule things around those 10 hours he has to play.

Faster EXP just means that the casual guy will actually get to 60 in a timely manner and then can spend his 10 hours a week raiding instead of exping.
  15. Tulgin Augur

Playing 2 hours a day will take 2+ months to get 50. Playing 2 hours a day will allow you to kill pretty much any raid target in classic.

So I don't see your point.
  16. Rhodz Augur

Here is the thing about all these folks saying that the xp must be slow.
    Game mechanics require a certain amount of time between levels for skills and the like, beyond that its just filler. Boring grinding filler we have all done a thousand times before, oh-the-joy.

How easy is it to play this game and level slowly even on a live server on a double xp weekend?
    How easy is it to die and forego a rez?

But not one of them will ever purposely do this unless some other factor comes into play like the old necro rez.
    See they insist that everyone levels at a glacial rate because that's what they claim to want.
    There is a huge character flaw there.
    Your option to level slowly is entirely in your own hands even in a high xp environment as long as the grind doesn't bore you out of the game.

Anyone yet to see any one stop playing due to the xp being too fast?
    Too little grinding?
    Not enough boredom?
    Not one.
    Cant say that about the other can we.
    Boredom is easy, it's interest that difficult to maintain... sheesh

I know this has all been said before its just that it doesn't seem to stick with these clowns.
  17. Venthos Augur

"Not One"

Right...

Please refer to the population of Lockjaw and, to a lesser extent, Ragefire. Lockjaw had an absolute VotingGate drama fest over how bored they were when Velious got pushed back, thanks to their accelerated XP rate.

You're not seeing the "boredom" complaints (except for those in the top few raiding guilds) on Phinigel because, surprise, the current XP rate is deliciously fine. If the pending XP Boost for Phinigel is significant (the rate of what we experienced during double xp weekends or more) I guarantee you we'll start seeing the same boredom CommonlandsQuest complaints as RF/LJ.
  18. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Boredom complaints were more so because the top guilds monopolized the content which doesn't exist on phinny because of instanced raids, not leveling speed.

If you are 50 but all targets are dead = bored
    if you are 50 but targets are available to raid = fun times

If you were right on level speed then phinny would be the least populated server, but it's not.
    Starr likes this.
  19. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

You are right about classic, unfortunately for you, classic ends in 3 weeks. I'd LOVE to see anyone playing 2 hours a day get into VP.
  20. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

I respectfully disagree. Any guild that raids in era content is going to require you to work on certain things outside of raid time. This can vary depending on the guild's dedication but past Luclin I really don't see how someone with 10 hours a week being able to raid in a relevant fashion. That person is likely to be lacking important AA's, spells, group gear, keys, clickies etc. Now will a person like that be allowed in a semi-competent raiding guild only to be carried by his guild mates? Maybe. I expect this person is very likely to quit the game sooner rather than later because they "can't keep up".

On another note, I really don't understand why people think it's so bad to raid out of era content. If you have less time to dedicate to the game than people in the "more serious raiding guilds" why stress over it? Just join a guild that has objectives more in line with your playtime Asking for the game/server to slow down and walk at your pace is an impossible task and quite frankly pretty selfish.