XP Updates Coming to Phinigel, Ragefire & Lockjaw

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

Hello all,

As called out in the post here, we'll be updating the rate of experience gain on Phinigel, Ragefire & Lockjaw in the February patch.

We’ve continued to watch the rates in which players earn experience on servers like Phinigel, Ragefire and Lockjaw. Based on what we’ve seen, we’ll be improving the XP for killing monsters on these servers (yes, even Phinigel!), but reducing the XP for doing quests.

The patch is scheduled for later this month, and once we have a date for this patch we'll share it with players!

For more information on this change, see the patch preview here.
    Kopuz likes this.
  2. Sheaffer Augur

I think the biggest change needs to happen in the first 10 to 15 levels. The longer the server goes on the more discouraging it will becoming to start a new character if it continues to take so long to level up. Once I got to level 20 I didn't really notice the slow xp anymore.

How much is Phinigel being boosted?
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  3. Roshen Brand Manager

As a general rule, we don't share XP numbers.

You'll notice XP is better after this update when you're clearing level appropriate content in-game, but the XP rate on Phinigel will still be slower than what it currently is on Ragefire/Lockjaw.
  4. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

Why? How is someone who quit because of the XP supposed to know whether its been improved enough to their liking?
  5. Pseudofate Augur

Uhhhh, un-quit?
    Nickatropolis, domaca and Darkening like this.
  6. yerm Augur

Can you consider tossing us lesson of the devoted?

Double xp weekends are this all or nothing madhouse that people get bitter when they miss. Lesson gives a reason to log in daily and doesn't punish people for having untimely complications on certain weekends.
  7. Slartibartfast Journeyman

Depending on how much better it is on Phinny, I may just fire up that second account.

Thanks.
  8. TarewMarrForever Augur

/inc nerf...hope it won't be something like this:

Kill xp: +5%.

Quest XP: -75%

Time will tell...but I have a strong suspicion that quest XP is going to be HELLA NERFED compared to amount kill XP will be increased.

Also, what sucks is they'll probably do this across the board for ALL quests, which just sucks. Armor quests have appropriate XP for a midlevel toon. In fact, most quests do! It's just these stupid exploited noob quests that are the issue.

DBG: I *strongly * suggest you just fix the quests that are being exploited by reducing THIER XP REWARD for those *specific* quests!!!

Most of the quests in game have an APPROPRIATE XP reward!!! It's just that fire beetle eyes, orc belts, wine, etc. that are the problem.

Fix the problem.

What I fear you are suggesting will break the system by making NOBODY want to do QUESTS in EverQUEST!!!
  9. Tulgin Augur

Too late, Phinny is already dead.
  10. Baldur Augur

Lol, this is a joke right? Phinny is far from dead...
  11. Pseudofate Augur

Tulgin's autobiography. On sale now. Good read.
    [IMG]
    oldkracow, Shiv and Punchu like this.
  12. vardune Augur

By far and away the most populated server.
  13. taliefer Augur

I still don't understand the logic of having a set in stone 84 day expansion unlock pace server be slower exp rates than the 6 months per + voting servers. but any increase is welcome.
  14. Tudadar Augur

Tons of people bought / buy the exp potions. The majority wouldn't if exp was faster. They made the decision that its more important to give people a exp boost to keep subs and still sell some xp potions since its still a little slower then to let those people quit in kunark over the slow xp.

Progression server $ income is very important to the game atm IMO. Id guess its doing really well so expect a lot more special ruleset / progression servers in the future.

I dont expect to see any more 6month servers. Its just unrealistic and the servers get ditched when new ones come out.
  15. Bobbydomino Elder

Truth is that's probably going to be reality. Prob something like kill exp +10%, quest exp -90%.

And people will still do it, and it's still going to be much better than killing rats with autoattacks.
  16. Rithlir Journeyman

WHY :(

Yes please fix quest exp or stop fire beetle farmers another way. But why mess with a server that's working so great as it is? (Phinigel) Do what you want with RF and LJ, those servers have been your lab rats since the start anyway, but Phinigel has been spot on and changes you make WILL have adverse effects.

You can't possibly "monitor the rate people get exp" and make any form of educated guesses on how the community will react to a change. And i'm not talking about the immediate response and the forum trolls. I'm talking about long term effects when everyone gets their alts to 50 much faster and there won't be any lvl 1-49 grouping anymore like on the live servers.

Ah well, since it's already in pre-patch notes i guess there's no going back.

Good bye?

PS. Since you won't give numbers, are we talking about a small (0-10%) moderate(10-30%) or huge (30-50%) increase in kill exp gained?
  17. Trevalon Augur

While I usually dont assume, I am assuming the new exp rate will be something similar to what we get during double exp weekends, which is still lower than RF/LJ but much more reasonable for those on Phinny.

I know that I never heard anyone complain in game about the double EXP rate and it seemed like most people found that rate to be somewhat more appropriate than the abysmal rate we have now.

I am hoping this new rate causes people to actually start making alts and for those people who quit to perhaps come back (I think its too late for alot of that by now though).

I do see this as a definite positive for the health of the server going forward. Now that the lower levels are thinning out and Kunark is coming this will help with that insanely large exp mountain that new players were going to have to Solo/Duo/Trio their way through with no boxes.

Any exp increase is good, I just hope it is a decent increase, such as the double exp rate.
    Bignheavy likes this.
  18. Kahlamite New Member

Do you really believe that? People who didn't like the haul to 50 and are playing 1 character will level alts. some of them multiple alts. There will be people leveling alts for at least the next 9 months as the "new hotness" classes change. Next month people will be rolling mage for CotH, who know what they'll be rolling in velious, then Luclin bring beastlords, PoP people will be rolling rangers, SKs, and bards. I know people will also roll alts when they go in to their instances and class X gear is constantly rotting.

TLDR: Chill your , its gonna be ok!
    Bignheavy likes this.
  19. kain200 Elder

Why? Why does it have to be slower than RF/LJ ? Slower exp was never an advertised "feature" of the new Phinigel server. It was never a great idea that drew all the subs to the new server...it actually pushed many away upon discovery.

Your previously stated reasons for slower exp were to avoid the dragons being killed by day two (paraphrasing obviously). Thats long done and over with. So why keep this server lower than the other two? Do you guys actually have a reason for this? Now that the dragons are dead, I'd really like to hear the updated new reason why Phinigal MUST have slower exp than the other progression servers...even though its the one with the fastest progression. These two factors are completely at odds with one another and it has always baffled me.
    Bignheavy and Zuleyin like this.
  20. Sheaffer Augur

I wouldn't mind somewhere between what we currently have and double xp...I think Ragefire/Lockjaw is a bit too fast for my liking
    Kahrul likes this.