Wow, just instance the planes already

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Drexll, Aug 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bandok Augur

While those may be accurate descriptions for such a person, none of those are punishable offenses.
  2. Asheran Augur

FFA Sky worked early on this server, as none of the top guilds had enough geared, leveled members to completely lock it down 24 / 7. If it went FFA now, it would be VERY different. Since the last time Sky was FFA we have had a massive influx of players from Ragefire, plus a ton of people that started late, leveled slow, or have leveled up more boxes.

Between the top 3 guilds, there are likely 150-200 characters online during the off-hours, and ~400-800 during prime time. FFA Sky = Sky that is more camped than Hate, with only the biggest guilds getting any kills.

We will work out a better system than that. One that actually allows others to go to Sky, but doesn't result in the kind of toxic environment that pure FFA would create.

I'm sorry if you don't like being dictated to, but that is the nature of the beast. There are rules here, just as there are rules in all aspects of life. The PnP may not exist anymore, but we have been given the authority to create our own policy via the rotation. You are free to qualify for a vote, and have a say in it.
    tofu stir fry likes this.
  3. Zhutuak Augur

You are missing the point of my proposal, that guild who have agreed to the rotation would not be allowed to participate on ffa and only allowed to do sky on their day. Getting caught unguilding to harass, monopolize content if proven will get you banned.

The proposal changes nothing that you have now worked out amongst yourselves, what it does do however is open up the qualifying KoS and the loot and quest/key drops to everyone because, they can kill the content too. You just have it monopolized in your rotation for rotation guilds only currently with the threat of suspension banning deterring anyone from finding out quite a bit of it is actually groupable again.
  4. Zohan Journeyman

Thread #2 that you are spamming
  5. Steampunk Augur

Perhaps they should be. How about this, then:

6. Zhutuak Augur

Original thread that was merged into this one for no good reason. Both threads now contain rotation information, not spamming, starting constructive dialogue over contested content.
  7. Zhutuak Augur

Do you not find it ironic and hypocritical that you rotation guilds can zone disrupt any zone you wish at any point in time w/ no repercussions? We all know they are not enforcing this pnp, hence the dps race.

If you really stop and think about it, the rotation monopolizes content for guilds in the rotation only, content that can be downed by one group.I should not have to ask your permission to kill anything up until actual npc`s that are deemed on rotation. Saying that the whole of sky is not good enough as some of that content can be downed by one group...
  8. Steampunk Augur

Ummm, I'm not saying you don't have a point, but you are making it to the wrong person:
    a. My highest level character is 12
    b. The highest level character I have ever had on any server was upper 30's.
    c. I am not in a rotation guild or raiding guild and never have been.
    d. I am not currently in any guild.
    e. I have nothing whatsoever to do with rotations on any server

As to your second point, they are enforcing the pnp, just not as enthusiastically as they should. This is the part you are talking about, which is in the pnp:
    hence the dps race.
  9. Zhutuak Augur

Except now you have forced rotations...

If we need them to enforce a first in force or engagement, maybe they will since they are enforcing the rotation. We will not know until we ask, or at least determine it is the path that makes the most sense. To me it does at least.
  10. Solkos Augur

Any english experts know if what he is claiming is a funny oxymoron?
    Essentially what I am hearing him say is that the 10 guilds up in sky are sharing a monopoly on this content lol.
  11. Zhutuak Augur

Bingo, that is what it is. If it was not 10 guilds it would be one. Since it is ten guilds and the content is doable by just about anyone, it should be accessible by everyone and not just ten guilds.

They should also be able to access the content w/o asking for your permission, on their own time.
  12. Steampunk Augur

Knock yourself out and ask away. You'll have my full support, for what it's worth.
  13. Solkos Augur

By your same argument, almost 10 guilds can do Lady Vox and Lord Naggy too. I guess by that logic, there should be no rotation on these mobs because everyone can do them.
  14. Snar Lorekeeper

This is off topic but wouldnt this mean there are no camps and that one person cannot claim a specific camp?

mo·nop·o·lize
    (of an organization or group) obtain exclusive possession or control of (a trade, commodity, or service).

Guilds in rotation are getting exclusive control.
    And DBG is enforcing it

That is confusing isnt it.

I cant monopolize a spawn as an individual but I can as a raid force?
  15. Zhutuak Augur

Solk, I am not equating 10 guilds being on rotation to making Naggy and Vox FFA.

If it can be proven that naggy or vox can be downed by your average group, then yes I would say take them off rotation. Zublak has stated he thinks it is possible for a single group to down them and I concur, with the right set up. Not everyone has that right set up (well there are a load of mage armies), I know I dont.

I have however proposed that once a guild group, box team, open raid has killed a qualifying npc for Naggy Vox then Naggy Vox then become 100% open ffa to that particular qualifier. This means that the qualifier can engage Naggy or Vox on any guild rotations turn, for any reason. Or not, they still have the option of working within the system, which I am betting most people would.

I know if I ever got to the point of actually contesting raid mobs, I would communicate so I did not cause anyone problems. So really thinking about it, there will come a point where there will actually be no ffa because natural selection will bear out that you can not out play the guild above you on the food chain, you would never qualify for the next tier of raid via ffa.

So I am retracting thinking the idea should be applied to anything other than anything up to isle four in sky. It just wont work, however for the first four isles, it is great and should be considered.
  16. Zhutuak Augur

Yeah pretty funny, about as hypocritical as enforcing a rotation but not a pnp policy.
  17. Ruined Journeyman

Omg, another thread spammed by zhu. Please stick to one or none kthx

Also PnP means politics and propaganda. The enforced rotation is a result of pnp not a side issue.

They enforced a rotation because of complaints like yours, and certain people/guilds are dealing with it.
    Also not sure how 10 guilds = monopoly. Maybe get some of your terms straight for the future of this lackluster conversation.
  18. Zohan Journeyman

He is spamming multiple threads to get attention. That is all he is doing
  19. Zhutuak Augur

Am I able to enter sky and kill stuff right now w/o having to ask anyone else if I can and w/o the threat of suspension from dbg based on the rules of my peers that I did not participate in forming or agree to?

If the answer is no, then your rotation effectively has a monopoly on content that can literally be done with one group.
  20. Ruined Journeyman

Sigh...something that is free to 80% of the population is not considered a monopoly. You are the very real minority here, that is why your proposal makes absolutely no sense. Just because you cannot go out and get any job you want doesnt make the employers of those jobs have a monopoly on them. Ten businesses offer the position, but since you wont apply and go to the interview means you wont get the job.

I firmly believe you are in fact a 12 year old now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.