Wow, just instance the planes already

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Drexll, Aug 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raivene Lorekeeper

Long ago we had rotations on the rathe. Entering the rotation on any of it's mobs was done by means of either racing the current rotation guild for that content (don't ask, don't tell) or asking the current guild for an attempt at the mob. In either case, if you were successful you were put on the rotation. So that method can and does work. I do like the idea of qualifying days however for entering a rotation. It just makes it easier to plan.

Bringing the original threads intent, before it was moved into this one, is simply that groupable content needs to be shared outside of guilds only that can take the non groupable content out by some agreed upon method. I believe that is being worked out now by folks and I applaud your efforts on it.
    Zhutuak likes this.
  2. Solkos Augur

Why look for a job when you can just collect your welfare check?
  3. vardune Augur

No one wants instancing for poo sakes. We WANT load balance/pick zoned planed zones. The poosocking that is taking place by a dozen DB running [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] and a giant armies of mages is horse poo. Expecially after the plane of sky has been deemed off limits to all but the Uber raid guilds, what a load of poo that is. Load balance the planes, all of them, do the same thing you did with solb, only raid encounters pop in the primary instance. I for one will not active my accounts until it happens and if its not done soon i am done with dbg and eq. So of us old guys with time and money are sick of putting up with the entitled DBs that are living at home in their moms basement collecting SS and playing eq 24/7. Give the old casual guy a chance to do some raid content. I know holly said we didnt deserve it but i think after 16 years of paying the bills i think we do.
  4. Snar Lorekeeper

PnP stand for Play nice Policy in this regards.
    Horrible comparison
    1. How does 10 business monopolize a job?
    2. Of course you wont get the job if you dont interview and apply
    Unless you are saying that the 10 guilds are a business and they own the rights to the raid bosses?
  5. Zhutuak Augur

Sky content is paid for by everyone on this server, it is not free to 80% of the population. I am not a minority, as I have said I am willing to bet the rest of the server > rotation guilds, boxes and all.

Your analogy about employers and jobs just plain sucks.
  6. Snar Lorekeeper

Actually this thread was merged with another thread regarding Plane of Sky. Someone from DBG determined they were talking about the same thing would be my guess.
  7. Zhutuak Augur

That is exactly what I am doing as I have seen load balancing instancing in action, it will not solve the problems in hate. In fact, there will just be more mage armies that move in and occupy the space.

The underlying problem is the allowance of third party programs coupled with game mechanics and no pnp and here we are.

My intent is absolutely to fight for more content to be open to the average group, after all I am one. if I can kill stuff w/ my four box, I should be able to and so should everyone else. This content in question should not be the exclusive playground of raiding guilds simply because they say so.
  8. Zhutuak Augur

In a way they were right, both ideas, load bearing instancing of planes and actually fighting the rotation monopoly of the first four isles of sky are both trying to create access to content for people.

That being said, I do not agree load bearing instancing is any sort of solution, especially for hate. SolB was brought up but can you actually find a group and efreeti camp open in your alotted play time? Once hate1 opens, the mages will pick over and new ones will also move in.

People are fooling themselves if they thikl load bearing instancing is any sort of solution to the congestion. There will still be no mobs for you to kill in hate or hate1. Fear you might actually get some mobs, that is much less heavily contested as there is no need for the mage armies to be there 24/7 looking for that 18th robe.
  9. WhyNot New Member

Personally I say since DBG already has a lockout system in place on the live servers why don't they use it for raid mobs? If your guild kills a raid mob LOCK them out for that mob for 2-3 weeks, that will give everyone a chance and the possibility of guilds allying themselves to raid bigger mobs.
  10. Ghirardelli New Member

Honestly, if anyone (guides/GM's) ever spent an hour in Hate as a non-flagged member of DBG, they would know how terrible PoH is during primetime and beyond.

I main a bard and play legit. No 3rd party software, no maps, no cheating. It makes me nauseated to hear that my guild wants to try and farm PoH for armor drops. Not because I don't like to raid or spend time with my friends in the guild, but because it is so terrible to pull in that zone with the "dps brah" mentality some people have. To see non-trackers beat me to a mob running full selo's and drum with automatic update on tracking.....come on now. This is even if mobs are up as most of the time (primetime) mobs are normally popping one at a time and it can be hard to even get enough mobs to justify being up there.

At any rate, if they would take the time and see how some of their decisions are effecting the game (without doing it with a flag up, saying hey we are here, don't do anything stupid for 10mins) it would shock them.
  11. Raivene Lorekeeper

Croak,
    For the rest of us that don't have access to the discussions on this, could you post when they are likely to happen and a brief of any discussion so far and of the main discussion please?
  12. Banuvan Augur

So much QQ my head hurts. Filthy Casuals.
  13. Croak Augur

It was the last few days of the School holiday for my son, so wasn't around Saturday-Monday. (37.5C.. almost 100F - lots of time outside)

Up until then...

Most frequent topics from most of the guilds included
    1. Who invited an unguilded player in here
    2. How can he be removed
    3. I didn't read what he wrote, but everything he wrote is wasting our time
    I have a CASE 1 for mediation where a mistake was made in the rotation giving FO 2 qualifier days in a row... as it wasn't rectified for over 30 hours then based on their own timetable for mediation I should already be issuing petitions for all the rotation guilds with access to be suspended... but I haven't and I won't.

I raised a CASE 2 which is Zhutuak in Sky when he had his charmed mobs being dispelled by MiM, but I suggested that it would go a lot more smoothly if my proposed compensation for CASE 1 was quickly implemented (it would have given non-guilded some days in Sky instead of qualifier days).
    There is an issue with MiM that there isn't a viable way to mediate with them as they refuse to use the forum.

There is a CASE 3 as well, but as I haven't mentioned the potential of CASE 3 to the person involved, I am not going to discuss it here.

One of the proposals I have suggested is for there to be specific information on filing complaints in regards to the rotation posted in the Lockjaw rotation thread.
    From what I have seen, in game and even verbal mediation just doesn't have the ability to convey enough information and can be done in a rush, which is detrimental to unguilded players who haven't got much of a clue what is going on.

The mediation process gives rotation guilds some kind of "smoking gun" advantage to steamroller non-rotation members and from what I have seen they really only care about "due diligence" and "in good faith" among themselves.

Since I have been back online there seems to have been another incident, and my assessment so far is that there was no "in good faith" mediation.
  14. Zublak Augur

Think you got me confused with someone else there. I never said they were doable with 1 group. However I do remember someone saying that in an earlier post. It wouldn't surprise me. A lot of things are possible with a small number of Mages. You don't need 3rd party software to chain summons pets either, so that's not the issue.
  15. Aneuren Tempered Steel

The only reason you are technically correct in saying this is that several representatives from the rotation guilds reached out to the offender but were all told to f off, if not outright ignored.

But, of course, that is what you would expect from an offender who was intent on violating the rotation and did not care about anybody other than himself.
  16. Croak Augur

Mediation has to be visibly seen to actually work for everyone on the server and is a requirement.

If the offender is who I think it is, then he has reason to believe that the rotation rules are very much 1 sided in favor of the rotation guilds, not just in allocation but also in enforcement.
  17. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Yes, and I'm sure you support him in his crusade to grief one of the newest members of the rotation, who had worked very hard to join the rotation. It's funny how that works out.

People (legitimately) want Daybreak to take a stronger position and enforce "rules" like PnP and engagement, but when there's a rotation that has been explicitly stated to govern the entire server, those same people are the first ones to break the rules.

Here was an offender that cares only about himself, what's best for him, unwilling to work with anybody else, because it's all about him. Screw the rotation and all the people - some of who hate each other - nevertheless working very hard to ensure a better system than pure FFA. But screw those guys, as long as I get mine, right?

edit: since the title of this thread actually concerns instancing:
    #instanceRF #instanceLJ
  18. Croak Augur

Unilateral protest in the face of a previous incident being handled with excessive force without subsequent mediation or justice?
    We now probably have another incident of excessive force before mediation.

Siting out in the sun I was reading The Laws of Our Fathers by Scott Turow which focused a lot on student and other protests in 1969/1970 in the US - I haven't studied history for over 30 years, most was European.
    I am more familiar with apartheid because it affected my family.

I don't want to upset anyone by claiming some direct correlation but it seems quite often direct protests are only undertaken by a smaller percentage of the population, and can escalate.
    Whilst a work of fiction, "The Laws of Our Fathers" featured various ringleaders taking action in various ways.

My own contribution/protest was "non-violent" and still heckled and trolled into oblivion by rotation members.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/lockjaw-trade-sanctions.226178/

I don't support actions that might negatively affect a "negotiated peace", but I have made multiple warnings in the private thread that if action isn't taken promptly, things will escalate.
    I had no direct knowledge of any plans, no direct communication in game, via forums etc since 27th August.

Negotiated peace isn't being expedited in good faith

And if you think there is some kind of "collusion" between me and the person involved, I can prove that in many ways we are direct competitors, and I would no doubt benefit financially if he was suspended.
  19. Aneuren Tempered Steel

It's very simple. This was an individual who had no interest in engaging in mediation and, according to Darth, actually asked for DBG CS to get involved. This is different than filing a petition without bothering to reach out and attempt any kind of mediation whatsoever.

Like I said, keep defending the griefer. It's fine. Separate but equal right? Different rules when it's something you feel strongly about, screw the other guys.
  20. Croak Augur

As I have just written in the private Guild Council chatter

Good faith mediation isn't optional, even if the other party isn't aware of the rules, and tells you to submit a petition.

It is akin to a defendant saying "Shoot me now officer"

By pulling the trigger you are guilty of murdering a shoplifter
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.