Wizard DPS Web App

Discussion in 'Casters' started by kizant, Mar 17, 2017.

1. kizant Augur

New Update

1. Increased default length of time for Heart of Vapor, Heart of Flames, and Elemental Union. Plus changed changed stacking order for Heart of Vapor so it doesn't conflict at all with IOG or FE.

2. Added Storm of Many and a configuration item in the left pane for choosing how many pets on the hate list you want it to go by. Is there a better way to estimate that? Are there like summon pet abilities that could be on the timeline that would have some idea of the count?

3. Implemented AA Force Nukes to work for mages. It's just like how it works for wizards except it only does Force of Elements every 20 seconds.

4. Added Firebound Orb as an option you can enable just like AA Force Nukes. It basically just tries to use one between spell casts or sooner if no spells are available just like the AA nukes. I also have it setup the same as far as focus/twincast, etc. Not quite sure that's correct? Let me know. It seemed like should be like that but Blazing Jet itself is level 102 and I don't really know how the game decides when to use data from the spell or the clickie item or whatever.

5. Also added Summon Firebound Orb to the spell timeline when it's needed. I'll probably add Twincast spell to work like this too in the future. It currently does try to account for its casting time when you add it via ADPS menu you just don't really see it unless you look closely. Also, added spell casting time to the spell info window. If you can check on the cast times that would help too. I just went with 50% haste. That's the max right?
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  2. Sancus Augur

The issue is it's based on the number of pets on the mobs hatelist, which includes every swarm pet from every person in your raid. It's possible to estimate your own contribution I suppose, though even then you run into the issue that most non-RS swarms are going to die long before they would expire.

It's not perfect just setting a number of pets either, given even if your guild generally has 15 pets on the mob, the first storm cast definitely isn't hitting for the highest line. I don't really know of a great way to model it more accurately since there really isn't any way to check in a parser or w/e the actual number of pets over time, and even then it would be different for each guild.

Firebound Orb is a bit of a special case. It is casting Blazing Jet, so the cast/recast from blazing jet are what to use for the actual calculations. It's calculated mostly like a "normal" spell in that it is focused by SPA 124, can twincast, etc. However, it cannot proc any procs (this includes weapon procs, AHWB, and MR/FW). Also, SPA 413 (Augmenting Aura, Eyes of Life and Decay) doesn't work with it because... reasons. It will use counters of ITC.

Yep, we have 50% haste for summoning things, so 3.5s cast time on Firebound Orb.
    IblisTheMage and kizant like this.
  3. kizant Augur

Well I need to rework something to get Fickle working right taking into account the Flames of Power AA. It effects the claw proc/twincast logic too and a few other things. With work and raid tomorrow I may not finish till Tuesday or so.

Also, is there anything that makes the weakness debuff last longer? I was reading 2 ticks in the spell description on EQR and I think you mentioned 3 earlier.

And for Remorseless Servant is there anything you want to show up on the spell time line? I could add an RS icon every like 6 seconds to show 6 seconds worth of damage. At least it would be something easy to plot on the current graph.
    IblisTheMage and Sancus like this.
  4. Sancus Augur

No it is 2 ticks. I said 18s which is probably longer than it lasts, but it seems to vary between 12 and 17? seconds (a bit like how twincast lasts at least 18s, but often lasts longer).

That sounds fine.

Again, thanks for the work on this!
  5. kizant Augur

Ah ok. That makes sense, I'll go with 18s since that's I'm doing the same thing for some other abilities. I had a few doing 12s and few doing 18s that all look like they're supposed to be 2 ticks and now I remember why I divided them up like that. I think I was seeing the extra time if you cast the spell or ability on yourself and if its proc'd on you by someone else it was doing 12. Maybe I was just imagining things but I think that's what the enc abilities were doing.

It's no prob! So far it hasn't been too hard with all the wiz stuff being so similar. I've got fickle/chaos updates all figured out it's just going to be tedious refactoring things to make it work. I'll have to re-test a bunch of unrelated stuff that'll be affected. That's really the slow part in all of this.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  6. IblisTheMage Augur

I am in awe :)

Thanks again for working with this.

Tic-hypothesis:

Duration of a 2 tic effect is two full tics plus remainder of current tic. Remainder of current tic can be from something close to zero, to something close to a tic = 6 sec, determined by when the key is pressed, so it will likely average out on half a tic. So always add half a tic to the nominal duration...
  7. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

What's the default for Rains # of waves? 3?
  8. Brohg Augur

Rains on a single target will hit 3 times.
    Rains on two targets will hit both mobs twice (total of 4 hits).
    Rains on three targets will hit all mobs once, and then on the second "wave" just hit your primary target (total 4 hits).
    Rains on four+ targets will hit four of them (primary target and 3 random others) once (total 4 hits).

If the caster is in the AOE, then caster is a freebie extra target that will be hit with each wave (3 single mob target, 2 with 2-3 mobs, once with a crowd).
    kizant likes this.
  9. kizant Augur

I could believe that.
  10. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

What I meant is, what # of targets is the web app using for rains? Unless there is a place to input that and I can't find it
  11. kizant Augur

Oh it's just doing 3 right now assuming single target. I could add an option for 1 to 4.
  12. kizant Augur

Update

1. Fixed a bunch of bugs that were created when trying to combine wiz and mage settings. There were mage abilities available to wizards and a few small things.

2. Added Twincast to the Spell Timeline when it's added to ADPS so you can see the effect it has more clearly. Before things would jump around and you didn't really know why. It tries to fit the cast time and gcd into the timeline.

3. Added a configuration for Rains where you can choose the number of hits you want counted. You just choose 1 through 4.

4. Included AA options for Flames of Power and reworked how all that's calculated. I'm still testing but I also have a Mage to use now so hopefully I'll get through that in the next few days.

5. While working on Flames of Power I realized a mistake with the claw twincast proc implementation. The increases were lost far too quickly when twincast rates went up and we're quickly cut off like when the twincast spell adps finishes. Which reminds me I should probably figure out a special case for ITC. So, that's all been reworked again and compared to a 3hr parse I did accounting for crit rate differences and avoiding random spell focuses it worked out close enough. Still needs a lot more testing.

6. Added Chaotic Fire for mages and it's using exactly the same code that wizards use for spell refresh and twincast. Plus it's the same flames of power code as Fickle so if anything is wrong it effects both those spells equally at least.

7. I think I fixed an issue with spell refresh. I forget there were a bunch of other small fixes over the past week that I didn't take any notes about.

I need to read back and see what should be worked on next besides more testing. Got some more feedback recently on mage ideas so I know there's a few more things that are needed. Something with Remorseless Servant that I'll probably remember once i click post...
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  13. kizant Augur

Update:

1. Added Remorseless Servant. I talked to mage friend of mine about how it should work andI think I remembered what we talked about. Anyway, you got a few different options.
    • It's a spell you can add to your line up with cast/recast time. The info window should tell you how many pets are up at time of cast.
    • You can configure the Hastened Raging Servant AA in the Focus section to reduce the recast time.
    • You can specify the average DPS you would like each servant/pet to do while it's alive.
    • You can specify the time to live for each pet.
    2. Updated the statistics section to handle damage that comes from pets vs spell casts. Could probably use this in the future for other kinds of swarm or regular pets. Also, the damage graph plots the dps you specify per pet at 1 second intervals in case that's not obvious. In the rare instance the a DD spell cast lands at the same time pet damage needs to be plotted I'm adding them both together for one plot point.
    IblisTheMage and Sancus like this.
  14. Sancus Augur

Thanks kizant!

A few bugs I've encountered:

Selecting the checkbox for Blazing Jet causes it to cast Summon Firebound Orb frequently, rather than casting blazing jet.

I've also had a few issues with the tooltips (is that what they're called?) on the spell timeline. A couple of times I've had a tooltip for a particular spell get "stuck" up, rather than only displaying when I hover my cursor over it. If I hover my cursor back over the spell, it adds the information to the already existing tooltip. Here's a screenshot:

[IMG]

I also had an issue where each tooltip except the first two spells had the exact same information on it, listing the same damage/DPS/cast time etc. Unfortunately I didn't screenshot it, but I do remember each spell was shown as having a .50 second cast time.

Regarding the addition of RS, I'd probably decrease the average DPS a bit given the calculator is generally geared towards raids. For reference on our last EoK clear, here was my swarm pet DPS:

Combined: A flame assaulter in 3725s, 85329k @23031sdps -- #2 Sancus`s pet 85329k@(23031dps in 3705s)

I cast 217 RS pets during that time period, which gives them an average damage of 393k if all of that damage was from RS pets (I do use other swarms, though tbf their damage is quite low). Counting only slashing damage brings it down to 381k (~9525 DPS if they live 40s). It's worth noting that, in general, they aren't living their full duration, but I think 15k dps is probably still too high. It's also worth noting that more than 1/3 of my total swarm pet damage for the night is done on queen, and if I ommit queen the average damage per pet drops to only 290k.

IMO 10-11k DPS is probably an accurate reflection of dps in raids, and then people have the option of reducing life time if they choose.

Edit: Eventually RS should probably also proc Conjurer's Synergy similar to how (I assume) Shocking Vortex currently procs Evoker's.

Edit 2 (Sorry, keep thinking of new things): Force of Elements seems broken-ish; with RS->Storm->Spear->Spear it only fires once, and with RS->Storm->Chaotic->Spear it doesn't fire at all.

Also, The RS cast itself can proc procs and MR/FW/etc.
  15. kizant Augur

That tooltip/window bug is pretty annoying. If you're careful it doesn't happen too often so I haven't spent a lot of time trying to fix it yet. If it gets stuck try clicking on and moving one of the charts and it'll at least go away so you don't have to start over.

The Blazing Jet and AA nuke issue might actually be related. I had to change how the spell lockout time is handled so I could plot pet damage every second. I'll fix that tomorrow and at least adjust the default RS DPS. Maybe add Conjurer's Synergy too since I do have most of that implemented anyway for the checkbox version. Then maybe try to figure out that tooltip/popup window issue.
  16. kizant Augur

Updates

1. Fixed AA Nukes and Firebound Orb. It was the same issue related to how I'm handling spell lockout time. The new version is a lot simpler for me so it's kinda good I had to change everything for handling pet damage.

2. Added Conjurer's Synergy to proc off RS use but also removed the option for Mages in the activated abilities section. It's going to take a little more work to have both work at the same time.

3. Made a small change to the popup windows so they at least not have the problem where the same content gets displayed over and over like in the screenshot. They still will probably get stuck sometimes though. That'll have to come later since it's actually kinda hard to repeat so I never know if my fixes really work.

I'll have to do some testing when I get some time. For the moment things like Blazing Jet are benefiting from Conjurer's Synergy and after we talked about allowing SPA 124 focus and the like to work with it that probably makes sense? I don't know. I'll check that and RS procing things like MR so I can get that added too over the next week. Oh and I did change the default value for RS DPS.

Another idea I have just FYI is at some point I'm going to add a custom options section. I don't know if anyone else will think it's useful but for testing I'm always changing defaults via java-script to verify things are working plus with that thread about AE Rains I wanted to see what it would look like if the crit cap was raised a bit. So, if you're interested in 'what if' scenarios like that I'll probably let you change the default innate crit rate, crit dmg mod, maybe add additional effectiveness, beforecrit, aftercrit values, etc to every cast.

Then you can do like what if next expansion they add focus AAs that give us another 16% effectiveness. What would the DPS increase look like? Change one input box to override the base effectiveness and you'll be able to see the change quickly. Not that any devs will listen to our opinions though...
    Sancus and IblisTheMage like this.
  17. Sancus Augur

Thanks, seems to be working a lot better now.

That sounds good for now. Another thing that would be cool eventually would be allowing Mages to check off Evoker's Synergy similar to how Wizard's can currently check off Conjurer's. I don't know if that might be a bit tricky since it won't proc off of our actual spells, but rather from procs (since it won't work w/ fire)? Also being able to allocate Shocking Vortex counters could be useful if other Wizards are using it.

Thanks, this seemed to work (still had one get stuck, but didn't have info added repeatedly). Also resizing the timeline like you suggested earlier worked to get rid of it, which makes it a lot more manageable than having to refresh.

Thanks for that change and the upcoming MR/FW change. And yeah, Blazing Jet benefits from (and uses the counter of) Conjurer's Synergy.

This sounds very cool; I know I would use it personally, especially, as you said, during beta or when major changes are being made.
  18. Sancus Augur

Also, do you have RS' recast set at 12s? It's kind of hard to tell, but the gap between RS casts seems a little bit high.
  19. kizant Augur

Oh yeah, you're right. I forgot to subtract another 1s if type 3 augs are selected. It's just doing the AA right now plus it counts the 0.8 second cast time so you should be seeing 13.8 until it's fixed.

Awesome. One less thing to change. :) Agreed on having Wizard Synergy available too for mages and we'll see about Vortex. It probably won't be too hard to do.

Good point. I'll see what else I can make adjustable like that. Thanks!
    Sancus likes this.
  20. kizant Augur

More Updates

1. Updated RS recast time to take into account the type 3 aug.

2. Added Evoker's Synergy to the Activated Abilities section for Mages. It will proc off augs like the Boromas belt but the damage shows up under the aug/eqp proc damage item in the tooltip window. Don't really have a better way to show it right now.

3. Added more stats to the tooltip windows for each spell. You'll see counters for all the synergies now when they're being used. So, like in the cast above you'll see Evokers Synergy using like 0.4 or 0.46 of a counter. It's based off the aug proc rate plus spell twincast chance. Also, added stats related to the spell cast and recast times. It should be easier now to see the time between casts of the same spell.

4. Cleaned up a lot of the tooltip/popup window code so it really should never not work at all or have all the wrong data. It may still get stuck once in a while though, I'm not positive but nothing I changed really messed with how that works yet. I want to see how all the other changes work first.

5. Fixed some issues with like the abilities section getting out of sync when you try to hide/show the menu options. You'd get mage spells added to the wiz section after re-showing it.

6. Added an old wiz spell to the list of choice cause I wanted to test something. Figured I might as well leave it in for now.
    IblisTheMage likes this.