Wizard DPS Web App

Discussion in 'Casters' started by kizant, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Minato Augur

At this point i think kaz is just building a resume to apply at daybreak =P
  2. kizant Augur

lol they wish :p
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  3. kizant Augur

Small Update

Changed things around a bit so Remorseless Servant not procs stuff. That includes everything MR/FW, dps augs, wizard synergy, and hedgewizards. My druid on Test seems broke so I'm not able to test some other stuff. I was hearing Mages might prefer Wildspark to Frostweave for some reason? Was gonna see if anything modifies the damage. I wouldn't think so...
    Sancus and IblisTheMage like this.
  4. Sancus Augur

No, I can't think of any reason to run Wildspark instead of Frostweave for Mages, since Heart of Flames doesn't affect Wildspark.

Also Blazing Jet doesn't look like it's twincasting or using counters of ITC, which it can do/does use in game. Not sure if that's still on the todo list, but wanted to mention it again in case it got lost in my ramblings (think I only mentioned it once briefly).
  5. kizant Augur

Good to know!

Forgot about that. Shouldn't be too bad to change.
  6. kizant Augur

Another Update

1. Enable twincast for blazing jet.

2. Fixed bug where Twincast spell would show NaN dps instead of 0 in the spell info tooltip/window.

3. Made a change so you can enable AA nukes or Firebound without having to choose a spell first.

4. Added a 'Custom' section with a few options you can change that will apply to every spell. For those 'what if' scenarios or cases where the app doesn't have the ability you want.

Also, I'm probably done updates for a while unless there's a really bad bug or someone comes up with a feature they really want to see that fits into what the app is currently setup to do.
  7. Sancus Augur

Well I'm not sure if they count as "really bad," but I did find some more bugs/issues (sorry :oops:).

The first relates to what I assume is the Syllable of Refreshment code. I think this has been present for a while, but when RS's recast was set to 13s it wasn't as visible. Now that it's 12s, it's also being further shortened by using Chaotic. The result is (Mage?) lineups don't cast spells in the same order that they do in game. For example, in game, with a multibind with Remorseless->Storm->Chaotic->Spear, you get two Chaotic casts per rotation, leading to Remorseless->Storm->Chaotic->Spear->Chaotic->repeat. However, in the app it immediately casts Remorseless following Spear, meaning you lose a Chaotic cast per rotation. Substituting in Fickle (same cast/recast as Chaotic) makes the rotation fire in the correct order. I'm not sure of the best way to fix this while still representing the Syllable of Refreshment proc. A hard refresh of timers every 17 Chaotic casts (needs to be an odd number) may be the best option (which was discussed earlier in the thread), but I don't know if there's a better way.

The others relate to cast times. Both Chaotic Fire and Fickle Conflagration are listing cast times of 0.8, instead of 1.2 (1.5 * 0.8). I think it may be trying to use 50% spell haste instead of 20% (given their cast times are <3s)? Also, while it isn't a huge deal, I think it's also rounding cast times to the nearest tenth instead of hundredth. I don't know if that's only in the display or in the app itself and I doubt it has a significant impact, but it is slightly off.
  8. kizant Augur

Ok I was thinking about adding the Alliance spells anyway. Plus it'll be easy enough to fix the cast times and I already have something crazy setup for refresh that might be an easy tweak to get it working a little better.
  9. kizant Augur

Update

1. Changed cast times on chaos and fickle. I can use whatever value makes sense for a raiding mage if there are other spells that are off. I was guessing 50% for some of them previously.

2. Changed chaos/claw to do like 1/2 a refresh every 9 casts but I don't think it's working right. Going to look at it more tomorrow and probably have another update. I was hoping for something useful over a shorter time frame than going with 17.

3. Added alliance spells.

4. Added before/after crit add options to Custom section.
  10. kizant Augur

Another Update

1. I've given up on making Refreshment more complicated. It'll just refresh every 17 casts defined by Math.ceil(1 / rate).

2. Added a control so you can choose which spell cast to start the Refreshment cycle. Maybe you have a shorter time frame and want to see what happens if it refreshes on the 3rd cast and then every 17th afterward. So, just set the value to 3 instead of the default of 17. Keep in mind that it also counts twincasts so you can't just count the spells on the timeline. Sometimes the refresh happens when it's figuring out the twincasted spell. Also, just FYI I'm doing a Math.floor() on the count so twincasts don't do anything until they've added up to 1 full spell.

3. Added a control for the Alliance Fulmination time. This just lets you decide how quickly you want to see the Alliance fulminate or not at all. Set it to 0 if you just want to see how it hurts your DPS if it never happens.
    Sancus likes this.
  11. kizant Augur

Bug Fix

Fixed the twincast rate when the spell is used with claw. It wasn't using 100% during the time when the spell is running. While I was changing that I also fixed a minor issue where Blazing Jet wouldn't work with twincast spell if it were the only thing selected.
  12. kizant Augur

I've some other apps I'm working on so I decided to add a domain name. So, it's a little easier to remember you can access this app here now:
    http://dps.kizant.net
  13. kizant Augur

I made some updates recently. Added Trakanon's Tooth, fixed some issues with changing between Improved Familiar and Kera, and fixed some belt effect problems. Plus added that Burning Sash of Ro.
    Sancus likes this.
  14. fransisco Augur

Hey Kizant
    Could you please put a link on it to switch between the mage and wizard versions?
  15. kizant Augur

Before you could change modes if you clicked on the icon but yeah that's not very obvious.

I added a button to switch between Mage and Wiz spells below the menus on the left. Then I added a cookie so it should remember which version you were using last. So, every time you go to eq.kizant.net or dps.kizant.net it should load the mage version if that's all you ever use.
    fransisco likes this.
  16. kizant Augur

Oh and BTW. Here's something else I put together recently that I suppose someone might want to use:
    http://eq.kizant.net/spells.html

I threw it together pretty quickly so the code is a mess but it's just a simple way of generating a table view of spell counts. You have to select one or more players from the Spells & Discs tab in Gamparse. Then hit 'Export to Forum' and paste it into that web page. Then you can select and remove rows you don't want to count. Oh and obviously pick people from all the same class or it might not be very useful to look at.

The Copy button just puts the HTML on the clipboard and save is self explanatory. Any forum that supports HTML should work with what gets put on the clipboard. I tried to keep it pretty simple.
    Sancus likes this.
  17. kizant Augur

Thanks. I never looked it that way. That is pretty smart.
    Brohg and Sancus like this.
  18. fransisco Augur

Just a slight thing to add on - in the equipment section - your missing the EoK t1 group staff - bronzewood mindstaff.
  19. kizant Augur

Easy enough to add. I'll see if I can do that for the next version.

I'm slowly automating the build and cleaning some things up so I can post it on github. In case anyone wants to do anything with it. Just haven't had a lot of time recently.