Wizard DPS Web App

Discussion in 'Casters' started by kizant, Mar 17, 2017.

1. kizant Augur

Enc abilities are weird. :( I never did finish test/adding something for the MR/Frostweave conflict. Now, I should probably try all 3 together too. With the extra parses from Sancus maybe I can at least skip testing the dicho proc rates and go with the formula or 73% I mentioned earlier. So, I think it'll be 10.16 charges. This stuff gives me a headache.

Thanks a lot! I still plan on doing something. It just might be a few weeks away depending on how busy I am at work.

Awesome work! Thanks a lot. That's at least three different cases I can skip testing and move on to other stuff.
  2. kizant Augur

Oops thought I'd take a shortcut but it came out to like 9.25 instead of 10.16. That really does suck.
  3. kizant Augur

Small Update

1. Added Dichotomoic Reinforcement but it works just like the other ADPS options. So, you can only add it once to the timeline. I almost have a configurable version that can repeat but it's going to take a little while longer. Trying to do something so that other abilities could work like that at some point too.

2. Updated default/min time for Conjurer's Synergy.
    gotwar likes this.
  4. Nylrem Augur

Kiz, you rock man!

Doing similar for magician would be so awesome. Don't worry about pet damage at all. Too many variables, mostly determined by individual mob/event.

Just the spell stuff should be relatively easy? Making variables for choosing number of pets on a mob would be awesome though.
  5. Nylrem Augur

Next, you should hire out your services to DBG, offer to do this for all classes, so they can properly tune all DPS classes, maybe even get necro dots right on the first attempt, lol
    fransisco, IblisTheMage and kizant like this.
  6. Chaosflux Augur

No way, I've already stocked up on popcorn in anticipation of the necro dot revamp.
    fransisco, IblisTheMage and kizant like this.
  7. kizant Augur

Thank!

If they were interested in that sort of thing I sure wouldn't mind helping. At least for wizards and possibly mages since it's just a matter of tweaking things in the app and see what happens. But do they even want balance of any kind? It's hard to tell..
  8. IblisTheMage Augur

Are we there yet? :)
  9. kizant Augur

Been kinda busy and also playing. Still need to finish up dicho and do some cleanup before starting.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  10. kizant Augur

Oh and I could use some info on what to have in the app like what spells and AAs do you need to see? I can only really guess at a few.
  11. IblisTheMage Augur

A dummy spell called "RS Plceholder", same casting time and recast time as Remorseless Servant.
    All following spells rnk 2 & 3?
    Chaotic Fire
    Spear of Molten Shieldstone
    Storm of Many
    Rain of Cutlasses
    Coronal Rain
    Force of the Elements
    Banestrike
    Blazing Jet (not sure the summoning of the 10 charge item can be easily modelled, probably not)
    Firebound Alliance
    Fickle Conflagration
    ?
  12. fransisco Augur

Its gonna be amazing.
    Even if every dot has a base damage of 20k, people will be made because its different.
  13. Sancus Augur

Here's a list of everything I can think of at this point. I included some brief descriptions; I can give more detailed ones (and which modifiers affect which spells) if needed.

Spells:
    • Remorseless Servant - Can just be an option for player to input X damage over Y duration or something of the sort
    • Storm of Many - Nuke value is based on # of pets on the mob, but otherwise it is a normal nuke
    • Spear of Molten Shieldstone (Normal nuke)
    • Spear of Blistersteel (Normal nuke)
    • Bolt of Molten Shieldstone (Normal nuke)
    • Coronal Rain - I don't know how difficult incorporating rains are, but I'd like to see it done if possible and not too much work
    • Rain of Cutlasses
    • Chaotic Fire - This is by far the hardest one, but most of the work is (hopefully) done given Claw is already modeled in the Wizard version. The main difference is the Flames of Power proc (which has two charges), but I think that could be done in a way similar to other procs? Flames of Weakness might be a bit harder but still doable.
    • Fickle Conflagration - If the Flames of Power proc is already modeled, this shouldn't be too bad to include
    • Firebound Orb - this one is more difficult to model since you start the fight with 10 charges. The best way to do it would be to resummon it after 10 uses (meaning cast the actual firebound orb spell), but I have no idea how difficult that is to code. Alternatively, maybe the spell could start the fight with a 120s timer (or 130s or w/e to account for not using it exactly every 12s), but at the start of the rotation.
    • Twincast (same as wiz)
    AAs:
    Passive:
    • Fury of Magic - 58% crit chance
    • Destructive Fury - 330% crit damage increase (or 430%, or 530% depending on how you the program calculates it, but Base 100% + 100% from critting + 330% from Destructive Fury)
    • Power of the Keepers - 1% crit chance, same as Wizards
    • Twincast - 5% chance, same as Wizards
    • Twinproc - 19% chance to twincast procs, same as Wizards
    • Focus: Storm of Many - 8 ranks, 5% per rank (40% total)
    • Focus: Spear of Molten Shieldstone, Focus: Bolt of Molten Shieldstone, Focus: Coronal Rain, Focus: Rain of Cutlasses, Focus: Fickle Conflagration - all 8 ranks, 2% per rank (16% total)
    • Conjurer's Synergy - probably easy enough to model with the code for procs already available; 10 ranks, 10% increase in proc chance per rank, procs off of Remorseless Servant
    Activated:
    • First Spire of Elements IV: 24% crit chance modifier
    • Heart of Flames XII: 85% to 135% SPA 124 focus, fire only
    • Elemental Union XIII: 85% to 105% SPA 124 focus
    • Heart of Vapor XIV: 32% crit damage modifier, shares a timer with Heart of Flames, does not stack with IoG/FE
    • Improved Twincast (same as wiz)
    • Glyph of Destruction (same as wiz)
    • Force of Elements - very similar to Wizard forces
    IblisTheMage and Vdidar like this.
  14. kizant Augur

Cool. Thanks for the lists.

I think rains will be OK and if you really want it could be configurable to count 1 to 3 waves each time. Plus I already have spells setup to handle a crit rate cap because of arcane fusion. The rest doesn't sound tooo bad.
  15. Sancus Augur

Quick correction, Fury of Magic is 57%, we have a 58% total crit rate, with the extra 1% coming from DoN.
    kizant likes this.
  16. kizant Augur

New Updates

1. Reduced the size of application data files. Make sure you shift-refresh or clear your browser cache if it doesn't load completely. I've started to compress the json files to keep the network usage to a minimum. I'm not really sure what I'm going to get charged for S3 hosting.

2. Added the first version of 'Mage' mode to the application. Either click on the wizard icon in the top left and select the mage icon or you can access the URL directly here:
    http://aws-website-dpscalc-h7kq8.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/?class=mage

The Mage version only has some basic stuff done but there are few things I need help with testing since I don't have a mage to use. So, if someone could check that the damage calculations are correct that would be a big help. The best way is you configure spell damage, remove sleeves from the equipment section, and configure whether you have the type 3 augs or not. And of course it'll only work right now if you have rank 3 spells. Just add one of the spears and look at the spell details popup window. The 'Calc Base Dmg' and 'Calc Crit Dmg' values should be exactly what you see when you cast. It shouldn't even be off by 1 unless I messed up something.

Also, check how I have IoG/FE/Heart of Vapor stacking working. Does Heart of Vapor get completely overwritten by FE or anything special like that I should know of? Right now FE overwrites IOG completely just because I know that's how it really works. The buff literally gets overwritten. But I have Heart of Vapor and FE working together in that you just get the best value from each. Which is what usually happens with other stacking issues.

For Fickle I came up with something that may not be the best but I'm not sure what else to do. You'll basically get 1 counter of power at 25% rate and 3 ticks of weakness at 0.25%. Then I'm just calculating the difference between your current focus and what it would be if power or weakness were applied. So, like if Elemental Union is on you'll get a focus of 0.95. Then power would give you 1.05 but only 25% of the time. That's 10 more than Elemental Union so I'm taking 25% of 10 and adding it to the 0.95. For weakness you're getting your current focus * 99% + your focus if weakness was on * 1%.

I never really played much with the wiz version of Fickle. I mean I've parsed it a lot and concluded a long time ago that Mana Weave/woven spells are a completely waste of our time. But I never noticed how bad it really is. From testing today it looks like when weakness is on you completely lose all current spell focus and then it adds the weakness amount to that. So, like if my Familiar is giving me 50% after crit focus when weakness hits it drops down to -25%. I still get other SPA 124 from arms and our AAs but losing pet entirely in addition to a 25% penalty is just mean.

For you guys, at least Mages don't have a Familiar all the time like us and it looks like the damage/cast time ratio of your spell is actually way better than ours. So, it probably is worth using but if you have Heart of Flames on when you get a weakness I bet you're losing the entire Heart of Flames benefit and then paying a penalty. If it doesn't work like that let me know. It shouldn't be hard to test. Just take off sleeves and see what your damage is with weakness. Then hit Heart of Flames and see if the damage with weakness stays the same.
    IblisTheMage, Sancus and gotwar like this.
  17. kizant Augur

More Updates

1. Added Rain spells for both Mage and Wizard.

2. Fixed bug with Dichotomic Reinforcement Strike doing too much damage.

3. Changed Spell Info around a bit since it's harder to make sense of things with rains. But for rain spells you will get all 3 waves listed with the first wave receiving procs and using ITC/FD counters. The other waves it varies but I think I have the right checks in place. One of the odder things is dichotomic reinforcement benefits each wave while using the extra counters and FD benefits all waves but only uses 1.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  18. Sancus Augur

Thanks kizant!

I checked all of the listed spells against my spreadsheet and in game, and the vast majority check out. The one area that I had some confusion on was with Fickle Conflagration. The crit/non_crit values are correct, but the total damage seems a bit off. As an example, with 1435 spell damage, no type 3 augs, no foci, and Eyes of Life and Decay, it gives an average damage of 73523 (non-crit of 21043 and crit of 11527), which checks out. However, it's giving a total damage of 77452. Just doing a rough calculation (twincast chance of 5%), 1.05*73523 is about 77199. Also, even for the first fickle cast, it's listing an After Crit Focus (of 25.7% in this case), though it isn't actually adding it into the calculation.

So for Heart of Vapor, I was completely wrong about how it works (which exposes how infrequently I use it). First, it's 35% rather than 32% at max rank. Secondly, it appears to somehow stack with IoG/FE, both the buff and the effect (meaning you get an extra 35% crit damage on top of 155%/12% respectively). I honestly couldn't explain why or how, since they clearly have the same SPAs in the same slots, and I have no idea when they were made to stack. However, they do seem to stack.

Another point regarding Heart of Vapor, Heart of Flames, and Elemental Union is that they are extendable and the first two have some AA extensions. With max AAs, Heart of Vapor/Flames last 4 minutes and 36 seconds each, and Elemental Union lasts 2 minutes and 24 seconds.

With Fickle, we have some AAs that make it a tad more complicated (AA line is called Flames of Power). Basically, at max rank, it gives Fickle (not Chaotic) a 34% chance to proc it's recourse again, which is what gives a 25% chance for flames of power and a 1% chance for flames of weakness. This brings the chance of proccing Flames of Power to ((0.25) + (0.34 * 0.25) - (0.25 * (0.34 * 0.25)) = 0.31375. The same happens for Flames of Weakness, bringing it's total chance to proc to 0.013366. The second and likely more important part is that, at max rank, it adds an extra count of Flames of Power (meaning 2 total counters), which affects Chaotic's proc as well.

For modelling it the way you used sounds reasonable. The main issue is that, because Flames of Weakness lasts for 18s, your chance that it is on you when you cast a spell is really greater than 1%. Taking into account the new AAs, I think the probability that you have it on you if you cast three fickles in the last 18s is ~3.956%. That's just (.0134) + (.0134) + (.0134) - 3(.0134^2) - (.0134^3). I don't know if there's an easy way to incorporate that into the program, though.

As far as stacking, yes, Flames of Weakness completely negates any spell SPA 124 modifiers, meaning for its duration you get no benefit from Heart of Flames/Elemental Union/Flames of Power procs.

I'll play around with it some more later.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  19. gotwar Gotcharms

[IMG]
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  20. kizant Augur

Thanks for checking! And yeah that first cast is a little confusing and part of the problem is I shouldn't be printing out the 25.7%. That just makes matters worse. The real problem is that I don't have a good way, yet, to show any visibility into the twincasts or proc damage. What's happening is that the twincast damage is based off an average of 78584 which you're not seeing. The twincast is actually a 2nd full spell cast that I'm taking 5% of. I do that way so I can base it off what the updated counters for everything will look like.

Then the reason it's doing 25.7% while spells afterward are doing 24.4% is because that first twincast is the only time when 100% of the power bonus is applied. So, it gets the 78584 and only takes 5% of the damage as well only using 5% of the counter it would have used. So, the next spell only has 95% of 1 counter left to work with and the damage goes down a bit. And if you only have Fickle in the lineup only the twincasted spells ever work off the 100% and the ones you see in the lineup are getting 95%. It might be more of a headache than it's worth but that's what it's currently doing...

In the future I'm hoping to let you click on the Twincast damage in the spell window and it takes you to a view of the twincasted spell so you can see everything that went into it and maybe it would be clearer.

I'll add the Flames of Power AAs to the DPS AAs section and try to work that in. Thanks for point that out and I'm going to upload a new version in a minute with some more stuff.
    IblisTheMage and Sancus like this.