Windowed gameplay

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by uberkingkong, Jul 12, 2022.

1. Metanis Bad Company

Been holding back from commenting so as not to inflame the usual suspects... but a certain "legal" 3rd party program has had emulated full screen mode for years. It was one of the perks that allows for nearly instant screen switches.
  2. Angahran Augur

You don't need to put legal in quotes, yes, it is allowed.
    [IMG]
  3. Tappin Augur

Was that the response to those who ate a suspension for claiming to use only isntboxer?
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Here we go again. The statement is not related to the topic at hand.
  5. Tappin Augur

Someone changed subject... so why can't I comment on it?
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It's called a derail. It can lead an otherwise constructive thread to a lock or deletion.

If someone wants to go off topic, they can start a new thread which would be subject to its own moderation.

Edit: In anticipation that someone will reply only to me for "hypocrisy", this is calling it out and not engaging in an actual derail. Thereby de-escalating and saving the thread. (Meta-cognition).
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I wonder if that fullscreen bug happens because new systems are not properly compatibility tested with DX9 anymore. Supporting and initializing fullscreen is usually a trivial matter(afaik), IF the used version of DX is properly supported....

It would explain why they had to resort to this clumsy workaround...
    Stymie likes this.
  8. Zunnoab Augur

I don't agree with the snide attitude, however I really hope that's not true.

You mean ResetDevice() failed? The one solved by setting your in game refresh rate equal to the Windows setting? If they really messed up full screen mode over that, when if I'm correct synchronizing refresh rate is the solution, ouch.

I haven't used exclusive full screen in years and it's pointless in modern Windows (they really need to add borderless window settings) but years before going windowed I almost never got ResetDevice() failed errors after making sure my refresh rate was in sync.