Why wont Daybreak just make a poll for Agnarr unlock speed?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sillyfish, Mar 25, 2017.

1. smash Augur

The set up some meters on how it going to be.

And if they should put up a vote, then some will be mad because they did not get what they wanted, and if they dont make vote, same wil happen.

I will also bet with you, Sillyfish, that if they had from start said 16 weeks, and then said, we going to hold a vote for how long, 12 weeks, 16 weeks or 18 weeks. Then you would have been mad as well
  2. Filnydar Journeyman

Easy answer on the poll thing : at first, people voted for 6 months of Classic on Ragefire. Then many of these people were done with levelling to 50 in less than a month, and stopped logging in.

DBG can see that, assuming they monitor the polulations.

It sounds nice to have a server supposed to stay for X weeks in an expansion, but that very server isn't so nice anymore when there aren't enough people to support any group game.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

It's never been true of the average EQ player. There have been some nut jobs who obsess over pixels but that's true in a lot of games. Most of us are just average Joes with a job (or school).
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

I would hope they don't do polls anymore because they suck at writing polls. As a result they end up with totally erroneous conclusions. Frankly, they should fire whomever created that Ragefire unlock interval poll. Or was that Lockjaw? I forget.

Edit: Poll or unlock vote... same problem, same result.
    Hdizzle and Bobbybick like this.
  5. Rhodz Augur

Yeah the polls were horridly done and just as badly voted.
    Good riddance
    Hdizzle likes this.
  6. Tachyon Augur

At this point I'd like to see a set schedule for a new server every year at the same time. The best place for new players to start is on a new server with the basic game. Start a new one ever April 1 every year with a 12 week progression standard and it would give everyone the ability to plan and to jump into whatever their favorite era of EQ they want.