Why wont Daybreak just make a poll for Agnarr unlock speed?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sillyfish, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Sillyfish Elder

I'd prefer 16 weeks much more than 12 weeks. I know others would.

Why wont they just do a poll to see what the community as a whole would prefer? Put it in the newsletter so everyone knows about it and then post the results so once and for all everyone can see what most people want.

If 12 weeks was the most voted option, I'd stop complaining as I'd be in the minority and I understand that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
    Brunlin and Xanathol like this.
  2. Artaserse2 Elder

This is a good idea. I'd prefer 16 weeks myself, but regardless a poll to see where the community is on this would be a good idea.
  3. Galleyan Augur

The cynic in me says, "They don't care about our opinion."

But then again, I like 12 weeks. So I also do not care.
  4. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

Yes, because every poll is always reliable, and the people who wind up on the losing side never feel more bitter than they did beforehand, and never express that bitterness by wasting many hours impugning the poll's credibility.
  5. Tudadar Augur

Settings polls won't happen again. People in charge aren't OK with giving the community the option to screw up a server / cost them money anymore.
    Fhiele and Reht like this.
  6. Sillyfish Elder

Your attitude suggests you're one of these people. You're swimming in passive aggression. There's no need for that kind of behavior.
  7. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

Good thing the forum police are here to put me in my place! Who says the system doesn't work?
  8. Sillyfish Elder

I'm not trying to police you. Instead I'm trying to convey that there's no need for hostility as I'm not being hostile to you and that it doesn't achieve anything except derail a thread that was intended to generate thoughtfulness and honesty, with the possible chance of Daybreak noticing if it got big enough.
  9. Kahna Augur

Because they tried it with RF/LJ and it didn't work. The people picked the worst possible option. DBG's has the ability to monitor population shifts in the 6 month and 12 week servers and determine which one maintains a healthy population. They made the call based on that information, not based on some random folks remembering life the way is was years ago and thinking things will take longer than 12 weeks. "The people" aren't capable of making this call in an informed manner. DBG's is.
  10. Sillyfish Elder

Part of the reason I'm such a proponent for 16 weeks is the fact that it was never offered. 6 months is far too long. 3 months is just a bit short. 16 weeks would be right on the money. Almost every person I've spoken to who has reasonable RL commitments has agreed with me. It seems the only people who prefer the faster unlocks are those who have far more free time than the average 40 hour a week worker.
    MBear likes this.
  11. Rhodz Augur

Given the toxicity surrounding controversial votes in the past I would say leave it alone.
    Nothing seems worth that.
    snailish and Galleyan like this.
  12. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

The assumption that the average EQ player is gainfully employed probably wouldn't draw very good odds in Vegas.
    Hdizzle likes this.
  13. Rhodz Augur

Retired count?
    ;)
  14. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

No, EQ's player base consistently votes for things that they end up not liking in the long run, either through being too incompetent to properly read a poll or not having done the content recently enough to make an informed decision.

Also whenever they do polls people fly off the handle when their vote loses and call for revotes and recounts which is just an extra hassle on top of everything else.
    snailish, Tudadar and Sumonerr_Tunare like this.
  15. Razzle Augur

I dont think it matters what rate the xpacs open on a server that is capped at PoP/Ldon.
  16. Donroy Elder

What Razzle said.

And this from a guy who will probably have no more than 2 hours a day to play.
  17. Hirbow Augur

16-20 weeks 4life
  18. Hdizzle Augur

No its a smart move going 3 months. Plenty of time to gear and if all their new servers are based around 3 month unlocks, it makes them easier to sync up at a later date *foreshadowing*.
  19. AgentofChange Augur

1) People who won't play on Agnarr will vote

2) A poll has never had a positive outcome in the history of EverQuest
  20. TPSTEEPS Journeyman

Here's an easy answer to the opportunity question...because they don't want to. Their game their idea their decision. Shut up play or don't. Asking the question you did was useless and made you give in to ignorance.

Baby. You don't deserve a poll this isn't entitled to you. You get the game as it currently is for 15 a month. This isn't sillyfish games it's daybreak games. Stupid thread made smart thanks to me. Your freaking welcome