who planing to transfer to lockjaw?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by toxist, Jun 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taliefer Augur

having played on lockjaw a fair bit, i really dont see this. maybe at one time it did, but i dont think its the case currently.

the low to mid level game is already scarce on lockjaw, where as on ragefire its still pretty strong.

just my experiences of course.
  2. Dark_Intentions Augur

I've been trying to think about boxers, and who will go where.

I imagine that boxers would move to LJ, simply because RF might be perceived as the "p-socker" server, and LJ the more casual. Like someone else said, casuals are probably a better market to sell gear and krono (I guess?).

I want faster Kunark, but slower every other xpac. Decisions, decisions....
  3. Jezzie Augur

I don't know if you were on Vulak but you just described it to a tee....and it was toxic.
    Don't have to take my word for it, plenty of old EoE members around here!
  4. Wispur Elder

So... you do understand that large percentage of the "less than 6 months" group was the multi-boxers, right?

That means if the vote had been just players, and NOT accounts, 6 months would have won in every possible way.

This whole thing was a big Cluster#$%& that screwed the majority of their players.
    Templeton likes this.
  5. Wispur Elder

I don't want to move, but I feel I will be forced to if I want to actually get what I'm paying for.

...but it's very upsetting that they've chosen to rip apart the 6 month community like this, even though it won the vote.

...and to those saying they will stay on Ragefire and vote "No" on Kunark, you'll be a drop in the bucket against the 3 monthers, just move over to Lockjaw and be happier. :)
    Templeton likes this.
  6. TarewMarrForever Augur

Wrong on two counts.

First, DBG skipped it because the first poll allowed them to spin the (unpublished) results to the predetermined result they were going to go to no matter what. The servers were going to split no matter what, because that is what is best for their business. The poll is note a vote. It is a data gathering technique.

Second, there is absolutely NO guarantee that the result would have been 3 months on RF. In fact, it almost certainly would have resulted in 6 months voted for on BOTH.

How?

Why?

Because that is how run-offs actually work. The further on the rounds go, the larger the effect of polarization.

Let me explain, because it is actually really quite simply when you look at it and think about it.

Let's look at the actual round 2 polls that *should* have been conducted, given he two top choice earners from round 1:

Lockjaw: 6 Months vs. 3 months.
    Ragefire: 6 months vs. ASAP

Those would have been the choices. Those were the two top vote earners.

In both cases, I *guarantee* that 6 months would have won.

Why?

Well for LJ that should be obvious, but since LJ didn't change, let's look at RF as that is the more interesting one.

So, again why? Because that is how political science works.

You and DBG (and many other people on these forums that have no clue) have *INCORRECTLY* assumed that on RF every vote for 3 months would have AUTOMATICAILLY been a vote for ASAP.

That is a 100% *incorrect* assumption that is taught in every single book on political science.

You are saying that "kunark early" and "ASAP" are the same thing.

*THEY* *ARE* *NOT*.

I would just as soon bet, that *at least* 25% of those who voted for 3 months on RF would have voted for 6 months if the choices were 6 months or ASAP.

The "No Prefernece' folks are irrelevant, how they break in second round is immaterial.

The "ASAP folks keep the vote the same. They start with 30%

The "6 months" folks keep the vote the same". They start with 49%.

The ASAP folks need to pick up VIRTUALLY EVERY VOTE from the 3 month voting block to beat 6 months.

*IT* *WOULD* *NOT* *HAPPEN*!!!!

Thus the idea that you can simply "combine" different results is a complete and total farce if what you are trying to do is determine the *actual* will of the majority. It just flat out *is*.

Think about it!!! These are RF people who have already said, by not voting ASAP, that "I am not currently ready for Kunark". That is a fact. 1 out o 5 people voted that way. 1 out o 5 people on RF said "I am not ready for Kunark ASAP".

So why on *earth* would *anybody* assume that EVERY SINGLE ONE of them would choose "Kunark ASAP" when given a choice between that and 6 months? Hmmm...???

*MANY* *WOULD* *NOT*.

Hell, in fact, MOST would not.

25% is a CONSERVATIVE estimate!!! More like 60% to 75% would break towards 6 month!!!

Thus, we saw no second round run-off. It would not have supported the predetermined solution that DBG wanted to use. Thus, the poll was constructed in *proper* runoff fashion for round 1, but only limited to 1 round of voting. That's a derp, folks.

That gives you the maximum spin potential. Smoke and mirrors baby. Smoke and mirrors.

Given a choice between ASAP and 6 months on RF, RF would have gone 6 months by *at least% 55%. Guaranteed. It would have been a *landslide*.

MINIMUM.

In realty it wouldhave been 55% to 65% for 6 months, and 45% to 35% for ASAP.

Spin it all you want DBG, but basic fundamental of political science tell us that, without a doubt, the will of the people were NOT listened too. And that's ok. As I've stated in another thread, this wasn't a vote. This was a data gathering poll. I's your right to spin it how you see fit. And in this case, I do think the right decision was made.

But I *hate* seeing people keep trying to justify is decision with the INCORRECT ASSUMPTION that the "majority of people didn't want 6 months". That is just not true. They were not ever given a binary choice between 6 months and 3 months on RF. IF they had been, they would have gone 6 months. Without a *doubt*.

If anybody disputes any of this logic, they are just blathering. The logic and facts are not disputable.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.