Which class is the most powerful currently.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by iamgreatness, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Knight stances are so powerful they caused guilds to start booting their warriors en masse and therefore broke the game!

So for group content Shadowknights, for raid content Paladins.
    Xinj and shik like this.
  2. Wizdons Augur

you in the wrong place to get answers like that.
    Xinj, RPoo, Nniki and 4 others like this.
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Lol wut?
    1) Wizards have always had the highest base nukes. That's what the class is.
    2) All pure casters can get max crit rate without outside help.
    3) We didn't 'lobby' for 30k base nukes. It was inflation and standard upgrades over time. Almost every class that casts nukes has a 30k one at this point now.

4) The difference is those 28k, 22k, and 18k DoTs aren't going to be critting every tick and multiplied x10 like yours are.
    Xinj likes this.
  4. Siddar Augur

Yes cause ranger auspice, illusion of grandeur, bard epic. year seven vet reward, etc don't affect enchanter dots right.

So by 28% you mean 100% if given support.
    Xinj likes this.
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You don't know what "passive" means do you?
    Xinj likes this.
  6. Siddar Augur

And you don't seem to know how a raid does a burn.

That would explian a lot.
    Xinj likes this.
  7. Vdidar Augur

This is getting interesting.
    Xinj and Iila like this.
  8. Bamboompow Augur

Not to mention predictable. Some what comical. Would not outright say that some posters are lying, but...

In a nut shell if power is defined only by who tops a dps parse, than as far as TBM goes all you need to succeed is have a pulse and cast a nuke. You will make parse without having to work too unreasonably hard. Many guilds can't muster or don't care to muster a decent ADPS melee group.

Otherwise for raids the power still lies with Warriors, Clerics and to a lesser degree...Enchanters. If no wizards show up, in spite of whatever degree of self importance they manifest, events will just die slower but will still die. Some events might get preference over others, the night might get cut short but the show will go on. No warriors...few clerics? That will cancel the night.

DPS is fairly interchangeable since so many classes can deal decent damage. The real power is with those that are indispensable.
    Xinj likes this.
  9. Vdidar Augur

The real answer is there is no answer. It all depends on the situation and the person who is sitting behind the screen playing it. I've seen several different classes do some pretty neat stuff. On the other hand I've seen some people who have all the latest and greatest and can't do much of anything.
    Eruesso and Xinj like this.
  10. Weebaaa Augur

Are rogues in a good place besides just being dps?
    Rogue was my first, but he didn't suit a loner
    Xinj likes this.
  11. ShadowMan Augur

1) Necros have always had the highest base dots. Thats what the class is. Or was, as most likely after these changes we will have lower base dots than quite a few classes because as you say we crit more often and thus get more out of a lower base dot. But it erks many of us that enchanters, shaman, hell even shadow knights will have a or some larger base dots now after these changes for those reasons when again that was never the tuning point for your nukes when you got the giant jump to ethereals.
    2) Not every caster can, I don't think enchanters or mages can get to 100% crit on their own just wizards and necros. Despite your hang up on necro crit rates its not the end all be all relating to dot dps. Crit mods come into play which many of these super dots classes have pretty close to us. Twincast rates come into play some of these super dot classes have superior twincast abilities both in recast time and that they have no hoop to jump through requirements with spell twincast, improved twincast, twincast aura, fleeting,etc. As does the fact that these new super dots are supplemental to their already strong points of dps elsewhere be it in melee or nuking. Its just a giant gravy boost to them.
    3) You did lobby for a much bigger increase in nuke power than previous. You rightfully talked the devs into amplifying some nukes because they had fallen behind in power and ended up with ethereals. Originally they were raid only use like the opposite of swift dots which are group only but you got that changed. They also hurt to spam but your mana regen is now superior to necros at times so thats not much of an issue either for them. This is what they are doing for dots rightfully amplifying dots because they had fallen behind in power but in this case necros won't keep their biggest dot title any longer because of stuff.

4) The difference is merely your opinion on the opposite side of the argument since its not your class this time. You claim now during this dot power revamp necros having better crit rate and tools to amplify those dots means they should no longer have the largest base dots. Yet when the nuke revamp came about you lobbied to maintain keeping the highest base nukes despite having all your tools to amplify them more so than other nukers. By your own logic this time around mages, enchanters and even hybrids should have higher base nukes than wizards because they have fewer and weaker tools to amplify them or have fewer nukes to use than wizards.

Thats not the case is it?
    Xinj likes this.
  12. Bamboompow Augur

Rogues are an outstanding group choice when played to their fullest. That means pulling, traps etc. Stuff they can't do when raiding (then they are just dps and not first string). In a "JUST DPS" raid setting, they take a back seat due to that so called group utility. Thing is, it depends on where you place importance on parses. Specific fights or the combined for the whole night.
    Xinj likes this.
  13. Bamboompow Augur

And as far as wizard lobbying....it exists. It is why the game today is what it is.
    Xinj likes this.
  14. Weebaaa Augur

I'm not trying to be antagonistic here. I like my rogue, and want to like him more.
    But even with pulling utility, rogues are now monks who don't tank as well, and require a rear arc to be optimal ?
    Xinj likes this.
  15. Geri_Petrovna Augur

Not it!
    Xinj likes this.
  16. baider Elder

I would have to say shadowknights. Just for their ability to tank, heal themselves, still do some dps, offtank on raids, main tank in groups, and their ability to solo old content for fun is astounding. Of course they can also run in and FD past trash which is always a useful technique. I had a lot of fun boxing a bard/sk/monk during TBS all in raid gear. Made for some easy tanking, healing, dps, and skipping trash.
    Xinj likes this.
  17. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Not really

1) There's a large difference between our two classes. Trying to directly compare them is an exercise in futility.

2) Enchanters have have Calculated Insanity which is an activated AA that gives 95% chance to crit.
    Mages have the same 58% passive crit rate as Enchanters and have First Spire which is 24% and Glyph which is 15%. 58+24+15 = 97% total. Maybe not 100% exactly, but it's close enough.

3) You're so completely wrong here I'm assuming you're just trolling at this point.

4) Enchanters, Mages, and even Necromancers all have higher base crit rate and higher base crit damage than Wizards. The main benefit we have over them is the higher base damage of our nukes and Second Spire
    Xinj likes this.
  18. Blurred_Memories Augur

i'm just gonna poke the conspiracy theorists out there and mention this might be a secret dev post fishing around for the next class to focus nerf bats on.... tread carefully!
    Geri_Petrovna, Xinj and RPoo like this.
  19. Bamboompow Augur

I am just regurgitating what has been said in the past as to why rogues are not as strong dps wise as some other classes. Any kind of utility = not as strong dps.

Zerks are built with no utility what so ever and by all rights should out parse a rogue. Wizards, same deal...only they can do more damage than a zerk from a safe distance and have access to vast options to get mana back where as endo is tougher to regen. Casters are king right now, especially wizards.

People forget that content is what causes imbalances/OP situations. If you have an entire expac where, for example every mob has mad AC but relatively low HP and little to no MR, than who is going to shine?
    Xinj likes this.
  20. KaoK Lorekeeper

Hmm... Enchanters got it around this time last year. Seems like a good candidate.
    Xinj likes this.