Which class is the most powerful currently.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by iamgreatness, Apr 15, 2016.

1. iamgreatness New Member

1) which class assuming full raid gear can absolutely destroy the group Content the most.
    2) what classes consistently top raid dps parses.

No troll just looking for straight forward answers . Thanks guys :)
  2. Agrippa Augur

A decently geared and played beastlord with an afk bard will curb stomp just about anything TBM group content has to offer, outside of a mission or two.
  3. Iila Augur

Mages, definitely mages.
  4. Vdidar Augur

It is probably time to nerf us again.
    Stune likes this.
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Berserker
  6. Brudal Augur

When supported by Shaman, Bard, Beastlord, Ranger, Rogue and out of group enchanter.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Xinj like this.
  7. Behelit Augur

You misspelled "Behelit", it doesnt matter what class I'm on
    Potawatomi, Bahdah, Xinj and 2 others like this.
  8. Siddar Augur

1) Enchanter
    2) after next weeks patch Enchanter
  9. RPoo Augur

dernit siddar /tapes your mouth shut!
    Narye and Sindaiann like this.
  10. FixShamanPlease Elder

Necros in a few months
    Xinj and RPoo like this.
  11. ShadowMan Augur

Fairly sure that necros won't also be getting 28K based dots. They will have the joy of casting 3 dots to equal what some other classes are getting in single casts just because they burn more better every 20 minutes.
  12. Enigma Maitreya Augur

Don't know and Don't care.

Necromancers are at the bottom of your list so just leave them alone they don't need or want any attention.

Mages are 1 slot above the Necromancers, so yeah just leave em alone they also don't need or want any attention.

Druids are 1 slot above Mages, so yeah just leave em alone they also don't need or want any attention.

Those are the 3 weakest class's in the game, so as the saying goes, "Move on those are not the Class's your looking for"
  13. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The 80% passive crit rate Necros have (vs. 28% for Enchanters) has nothing to do with it I'm sure.

Besides, aren't you all complaining that you want to cast more spells?
    Manaelil and Xinj like this.
  14. ShadowMan Augur

Crit rate is one factor of many. Why is it that wizards have the highest base nukes while also having the most tools to amplify them? Stuff like getting your crit rate higher than any other nuker can get themselves without outside help. Oh thats right its because its your class so when you lobbied for 30k base nukes you ignored it.

Yes necros want to cast more spells and require the class to take thought rather than just spamming 3 spells over until server shut down. But no that doesn't mean we want 8k dots as the dotting class because we might have 12-13 of them while other classes are getting 28k, 22k, 18k based dots and then are free to resume melee'ing or nuking on top of it.
    Xinj and Vrinda like this.
  15. Thraine Augur

All classes can destroy group content with raid gear

Depends on the guild, some guilds favor certain classes over others therefor giving them more adps support.

in a general sense i would say .. Wizards, Zerkers, Rogues, Monks, Mages and Rangers all seem to do very well on parses these days
    Sikanle and Xinj like this.
  16. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Any of the classes are powerful if you're good at them. You might not see them that way because you have a different metric for what you perceive as powerful, but they all have strengths and can do some pretty crazy things. You really should:
    1) Try playing many classes.
    2) Pick one that you enjoy.
    3) Get good.
    4) Congrats, you are now playing something powerful.

That part about getting good is pretty important, though.
    Xinj, Cyri and RPoo like this.
  17. Reval Augur

All the classes have valid points, and if you put them in the right situation (which can happen fairly often), they can be the best.

That said, if you intend to mostly raid and want to dps, either play a wizard or a berserker. Wizard I think is the friendliest choice because:
    -they get mana burn
    -they can get mana back, so if you die on an event, you can still be decent dps (whatever you want to say, I bet if you kill a wiz and a berserker at the start of an event, the wizard will win that parse)
    -they don't always have to take rampage to dps.
    -they can move around while dps'ing, which is useful for emotes.
    -you can fit more wizards into a raid without disturbing balance: you could have 3 melee groups that support 3 berserkers total without lowering efficiency, and then 3 caster dps groups, and it's just a druid, an enchanter (maybe a bard too), and then 3-4 wizards per group. Having all the same type of dps caster in a group is actually ideal for casters because if you have a group with 2 wizards and 2 mages, their burns are different, and they benefit from different timings on their adps. But even if you have to stick a wizard in an all mage group, it probably is going to be okay, and the mages could probably benefit from the wizard epic to some degree.

But berserkers on events that have significant opportunity to deal ae damage in them probably just outright win all the parses. (monks can do pretty well too, and rogues get a decent boost from ae'ing but their ae ramp is with a 1hander vs a 2hander)

In groups, if you move around a lot due to camping several nameds, berserkers do tons of damage every 30 seconds, so moving around a bit or waiting between fights does increase their dps realistically.. and if you have a tank that pulls huge pulls sometimes, they'll do great due to ae abilities. Berserkers could tank better than wizards, but I'm sure many classes could tank better than berserkers in general group content.

If you want to solo group content, but still put up high numbers on raids, try a necro, but that seems unsafe atm. Necros will get patched soon so that their dots are like bst dots, and bst dots are great because the class is so diverse, but necros I think will suffer from this. This makes the ceiling of the class more accessible people, and when skill is less of a factor, more necros will seem really good, and the class will probably get nerfed so that it "falls more in line with other classes". So it's more of a wait and see thing imo.

I think that manaburn aside, in the fight between "being the top dps" vs having some utility, the utility classes are winning out a bit. Monks can pull, but still can do good dps *if you're a good monk*. And there are valid benefits to beastlords, rangers, etc.. etc.. If anything, I'd say maybe to give mages a bit of a boost, and maybe rogues a very small boost as well, but for the right player, mages are going to be the best class.. same easily with rogues.
    Gumlakx, Xinj and RPoo like this.
  18. xclip New Member

Necros so op!
    Xinj likes this.
  19. MrMajestykx Augur

monks are alive and well and doing great
    Xinj likes this.
  20. code-zero Augur